980 ti Firestrike Performance

evanw2

So I posted here a couple of days ago about my 980 ti performing poorly and I got a few answers from people that think it is thermal throttling at 84C. Anyways on Firestrike it gets just over 11,000 even with fans all the way up and staying at around 70C. Wtf is going on here. I want to order the hybrid kit but I'm hesitant to take the thing apart if there is something wrong with it.

Should have also added that an average score on Firestrike for this card is over 14000

And as someone correctly pointed out in that other thread, you're running an ultrawide monitor, so you should expect scores below the norm, considering the card is having to generate 30% more pixels.

Thats the one downside to those high pixel count displays, you get a lot more real estate, but its not free, you will take a performance hit.

And as someone correctly pointed out in that other thread, you're running an ultrawide monitor, so you should expect scores below the norm, considering the card is having to generate 30% more pixels.

Thats the one downside to those high pixel count displays, you get a lot more real estate, but its not free, you will take a performance hit.

Ya I guess you are right. But should it be that big of a difference? I do have a few 1920x1080p monitors laying around. I'll try one later today. Thanks

Ya I guess you are right. But should it be that big of a difference? I do have a few 1920x1080p monitors laying around. I'll try one later today. Thanks

The 30% increased load won't translate directly into score, but if we pretend it did 30% of 14,000 is 4,600.   14,000 - 4,600= 9400.     So your score of 11,000 is very reasonable, compared to someone running a standard 1080p resolution.

The 30% increased load won't translate directly into score, but if we pretend it did 30% of 14,000 is 4,600.   14,000 - 4,600= 9400.     So your score of 11,000 is very reasonable, compared to someone running a standard 1080p resolution.

That does make a lot of sense. Though another guy on the forum said he gets 14000 at 2560x1080. But you never know I guess