Can I use the games on my 2nd HDD?

Fortress
Go to solution Solved by Whorax,

I don't see why it wouldn't work. I have Windows and frequently used programs on my SSD, with all my games and everything else on my HDD.

I've recently picked up an SSD and install a fresh copy of Windows 10 on it. But now I'm facing a problem, since most of my games are installed on a different hard drive (WD Blue 1TB), is it possible to play them without reinstalling them one-by-one?

Has a Ph.D in Nothing and does not speak Chinese, Italian or French. (aber ich kann Deutsch sprechen)

I don't see why it wouldn't work. I have Windows and frequently used programs on my SSD, with all my games and everything else on my HDD.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Do you mean Steam is not showing them as installed? You will need to do this. Just select the folder where all your games were previously installed, Steam should then auto detect your games. You may need to restart Steam before it detects them.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

If you are using Steam or Origin, you need to define folders where games are. Then force games to check their cache and content. Works with GOG.com Galaxy too.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv