CPU auto downclocking

Hey guys, I am trying to OC my AMD FX 6300 on a new board I have (ASrock board died) my new board is a MSI 760GM-P34(FX) and I know this board is not the best for OCing, I am not trying to get 5GHz so I think I am good and since it has the same power delivery as my ASrock board did sand I did reach 5.2 GHz on this exact same chip though it was not 100% stable I could still play games on it just couldn't stress it too much but 5GHz was 100% stable. Either way back on topic, I am using AMD Overdrive just to get my highest OC and test then get it stable then go to my bios and set it manually. But when I up the Voltage from 1.18 V to 1.25 the clock goes down past stock to 3GHz.. Even if I raise the multiplier it ignores that and uses a multiplier of 15X.. Anybody know why? Thanks. If you need any more info let me know.

Pls Follow your own posts!      Chief Engineer for my School Studio, Own my own Home Studio also. I also do requests for Remixing songs too :D Storage Server: Mobo: Supermicro X8SIA-F Case: Some Supermicro 1U case Drives: 3x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM drives, 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM CPU: Intel Xeon X3430 2.4GHz Ram: 2x Kingston ECC 2GB sticks

What are the temps like? Sounds like thermal throttling to me. On a similar note, here's some fun thermal throttling (I think) on my FX-6100:

RNwMQY1.png

Sig under construction.

how high can you go without upping the voltage?

R5 3600x | RTX 3070 | 16Gb 3200mhz | Gigabyte B550 gaming x | 500gb 660p SSD + 1tb wd blue HDD |

What are the temps like? Sounds like thermal throttling to me. On a similar note, here's some fun thermal throttling (I think) on my FX-6100:

RNwMQY1.png

Haha nice 1.3 GHz xD the temps are at 30C idle and 50C on 100% load

how high can you go without upping the voltage?

3.8 GHz

Pls Follow your own posts!      Chief Engineer for my School Studio, Own my own Home Studio also. I also do requests for Remixing songs too :D Storage Server: Mobo: Supermicro X8SIA-F Case: Some Supermicro 1U case Drives: 3x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM drives, 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM CPU: Intel Xeon X3430 2.4GHz Ram: 2x Kingston ECC 2GB sticks

Haha nice 1.3 GHz xD the temps are at 30C idle and 50C on 100% load

3.8 GHz

"CPU" temp or "Core" temp?

Edit: just took a look at my server, no fans are spinning but the heatsink fan. No wonder why it's thermal throttling. Now I have to diagnose the problem...

Seems like the fan controller was disconnected for no reason.

Sig under construction.

Package temp read from HWMonitor

you can only oc to 3.8 (so +0.3 ghz) without adding voltage? that does not seem much. is that normal on AMD cpus? was it like that with your ASRock?

R5 3600x | RTX 3070 | 16Gb 3200mhz | Gigabyte B550 gaming x | 500gb 660p SSD + 1tb wd blue HDD |

you can only oc to 3.8 (so +0.3 ghz) without adding voltage? that does not seem much. is that normal on AMD cpus? was it like that with your ASRock?

On my ASRock board I could go to 4.2 GHz without adding Voltage with 98% stability where it would do all my stress tests fine for 2 or 3 hours then when I would get into a very cpu intensive game it would bsod

Edit: just took a look at my server, no fans are spinning but the heatsink fan. No wonder why it's thermal throttling. Now I have to diagnose the problem...

Seems like the fan controller was disconnected for no reason.

I was going to say :P Get that 6100 back were it belongs  :lol:

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

On my ASRock board I could go to 4.2 GHz without adding Voltage with 98% stability where it would do all my stress tests fine for 2 or 3 hours then when I would get into a very cpu intensive game it would bsod

that looks like a bios problem to me, would also explain the auto downgrade of multiplyer... is it to date? if it is try downgrading to an older maybe more stable version

for now that's the best iv'e got. this is wierd

that looks like a bios problem to me, would also explain the auto downgrade of multiplyer... is it to date? if it is try downgrading to an older maybe more stable version

I think that there is a new update.. Ill try to update it real quick and see what happens.. I miss how my ASRock board could update through the internet at the bios.. I guess time to grab a USB drive for it.. Could that also be why if I increase the voltage to 1.32 at the bios it would not post?

I was going to say :P Get that 6100 back were it belongs  :lol:

Fixed the problem. A fan splitter had come loose. Now it's back to its folding/file server glory at full...almost...full speed.

Sig under construction.

I think that there is a new update.. Ill try to update it real quick and see what happens.. I miss how my ASRock board could update through the internet at the bios.. I guess time to grab a USB drive for it.. Could that also be why if I increase the voltage to 1.32 at the bios it would not post?

i think that's more likely related to the board itself... but let me know by replying to me when you have updated the bios

for now that's the best iv'e got. this is wierd

Well I am gonna update the bios.. They have a bios from a couple of months ago which is more recent than my bios from 2013 lol

i think that's more likely related to the board itself... but let me know by replying to me when you have updated the bios

Lol we posted at the same time

So I flashed it.. I'll try to oc it through software real quick since through bios makes it not post for some reason..

So I flashed it.. I'll try to oc it through software real quick since through bios makes it not post for some reason..

okay

okay

Ok so I am back with a CMOS reset and I got into AMD Overdrive and put my multiplier to 23.5X and voltage to 1.3V just as a starting point and not Core 2 and 3 are not OC'd they are at 3GHz but all my other cores are at 4.7 where I set it...