Alienware 13 + Triple montior = possible?

ChoiSiwon
Go to solution Solved by connorpiper,

Would the dual core hold it back though? 

It is hyperthreaded, it will preform similar to a desktop 4th gen Core i3. 

Most games will do fine on that. CPU bound ones like planetside might not do as well on 3 monitors.

Hey, I received an Alienware 13 maxed out config as a birthday gift a few months back. I was curious if its able to run 3 1080p monitors. Not for gaming, i'll probably game on one screen, and use the other screens for multitasking. Thanks!

Hey, I received an Alienware 13 maxed out config as a birthday gift a few months back. I was curious if its able to run 3 1080p monitors. Not for gaming, i'll probably game on one screen, and use the other screens for multitasking. Thanks!

Specs?

Specs?

1080, i7 Dual Core, 960m, 256 SSD, 1 TB HDD 

Yes. It would handle those for regular tasks, maybe not higher resolution video viewing.

I honestly don't see why it wouldn't but I think the things stopping you is the number of output on the laptop

Would a graphic amplifier help out a bit? I don't really do much hardcore gaming besides League, WoW, and CSGO

1080, i7 Dual Core, 960m, 256 SSD, 1 TB HDD 

Would a graphic amplifier help out a bit? I don't really do much hardcore gaming besides League, WoW, and CSGO

The Graphics Amplifier would allow you to play games on three monitors. Depending on which GPU you get.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

The Graphics Amplifier would allow you to play games on three monitors. Depending on which GPU you get.

It is hyperthreaded, it will preform similar to a desktop 4th gen Core i3. 

Most games will do fine on that. CPU bound ones like planetside might not do as well on 3 monitors.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Yeah, that $200 expander doesn't come with a GPU. But if you get that, then you'd have no problem running your monitors if you get a powerful card.