Issues with windows 10

Go to solution Solved by jav26122,

Alright here's a followup incase anyone else ever has this problem. Turns out the reason that only making a new user would fix this problem is that there was some corrupted appdata file in my user that dealt with the tiles in the start menu that windows couldn't read for whatever reason. So really what was breaking it was me transferring my files back to my user. Turns out there where tons of errors in the event viewer all saying that windows couldn't read this file, so here's what I did to fix it.

The files that where bad for me where in Users/User/Appdata/Local/TileDataLayer. Windows is pretty much constantly using these files so if they get deleted it will flush them and just create new ones. However, some are used in the service State Repository Service, so to delete them you have to find that service and restart it, and in the time frame where it's restarting you can delete them.

Or you could make a new user and delete the folder prior to moving the files back. 

I'm starting to get really frustrated with windows 10... I've been having this same issue happen so many times I'm about to just give up. For some reason, randomly a bunch of stuff will break all at the same time. The start menu won't open if I click it, it takes forever to open up a menu if I right click on anything, and it just generally gets really slow. I've tried lots of solutions online like reinstalling default apps with powershell, booting into safe mode, sfc /scannow, check disk for errors, and even reinstalling which is what brings me here now. Today I did a complete new install of windows 10, and within the same day this happened. I have no idea what's causing this, since the only things that I've installed now after installing windows are: wireless network adapter driver, corsair utility engine, chrome, HWiNFO, display drivers, rainmeter. The only thing that seems to fix this problem is to create a new user and transfer all my files over and just delete the old user. This keeps happening so often though I'm not going to go through the trouble to do this every time it breaks. 
It's absolutely ridiculous that this happens after completely reinstalling windows. Does anyone know what could be causing this? Windows is installed on a 128gb ADATA sx900 SSD. 

Did you create a new install media using a different ISO? Perhaps the install media you're using is corrupted. Try a different ISO, DVD and/or USB drive.

Also try Windows 7 for a bit too

Check your drive. I bought 4 on a flash sale and 2 failed within 6 months.

Edit: To clarify, I bought 4 of that SSD model.

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |

what are you using to install it?

the installation may have a corrupted part

also use crystaldiskinfo to make sure your SSD isnt having any errors

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I was installing it via flash drive and I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with my ssd. Well since I just reinstalled I guess I can just download a new iso and reinstall AGAIN.... 

Also, I thought once you upgraded it invalidated your windows 7 key. 

I've had some problems with windows 10 recently up until the point it wouldn't boot anymore and i cant do a fresh install. Microsoft said in my case my outdated bios is causing this, but i don't think that is what is causing your problem. If i was you i would roll back to windows 7. You can do so as long as you upgraded less than 30 days ago.

I've had some problems with windows 10 recently up until the point it wouldn't boot anymore and i cant do a fresh install. Microsoft said in my case my outdated bios is causing this, but i don't think that is what is causing your problem. If i was you i would roll back to windows 7. You can do so as long as you upgraded less than 30 days ago.

Whelp... That's not gonna work. I upgraded well more than 30 days ago. 

I was installing it via flash drive and I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with my ssd. Well since I just reinstalled I guess I can just download a new iso and reinstall AGAIN.... 

Also, I thought once you upgraded it invalidated your windows 7 key. 

Just my two cents,"pretty sure" isn't sure. It never hurts to do a full hardware diagnostic. Hardware issues can translate into software issues. Cut corners if you want, but thoroughness will help you identify and rectify the problem.

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |

Wouldn't any corruptions with the installation be found from sfc /scannow? I've done that several times and once in safe mode and every time it said there where no integrity violations. Also I've done disk checks on the ssd. I also just used ssd-z and crystaldiskinfo but can't include screenshots because explorer crashes everytime I select an image....

Wouldn't any corruptions with the installation be found from sfc /scannow? I've done that several times and once in safe mode and every time it said there where no integrity violations. Also I've done disk checks on the ssd. I also just used ssd-z and crystaldiskinfo but can't include screenshots because explorer crashes everytime I select an image....

Check your RAM while you're at it, make sure it is good. Reseat components, check BIOS/UEFI settings, clear BIOS/UEFI. Download and write the bootable USB Windows installation on a separate PC, if you haven't done so already.

Edit: Ultimate Boot CD has loads of tools for stressing various components.

I'm almost certain this is just a software problem. Does microsoft provide hashes for isos to check if I have it downloaded all correctly?

I'm almost certain this is just a software problem. Does microsoft provide hashes for isos to check if I have it downloaded all correctly?

Again, "almost certain". If you really think it is just software, then go try a different USB flash drive or DVD to install Windows, and download a fresh ISO. You keep stating a re-installation doesn't fix the issue. If the same media being used to do multiple re-installations, have the same issue I'd look at my media.

If it still fails, check your hardware.

Yeah I have been using the same installation media and never really thought that could be the problem. I'm downloading a new one now. If I reinstall again, and have the same issues, I'll check hardware more extensively and come back here. 

Good luck!

Alright here's a followup incase anyone else ever has this problem. Turns out the reason that only making a new user would fix this problem is that there was some corrupted appdata file in my user that dealt with the tiles in the start menu that windows couldn't read for whatever reason. So really what was breaking it was me transferring my files back to my user. Turns out there where tons of errors in the event viewer all saying that windows couldn't read this file, so here's what I did to fix it.

The files that where bad for me where in Users/User/Appdata/Local/TileDataLayer. Windows is pretty much constantly using these files so if they get deleted it will flush them and just create new ones. However, some are used in the service State Repository Service, so to delete them you have to find that service and restart it, and in the time frame where it's restarting you can delete them.

Or you could make a new user and delete the folder prior to moving the files back.