Unable to get into boot device order in Windows 10

Trollelicious

Hello!

I've managed to run into yet another problem, yay!

I've been messing around with my old laptop and right now I'm trying to boot it from a usb but I'm unable to get into the boot device order selection menu (or whatever the name is >.>).

The screen where you usualy see which key you have to press does not show (after installing windows 10 today I think) so I've been turning it on and off and spamming the usual keys but with no success. Any help would be helpful! It's an Asus laptop and model aFewYearsOld (sorry, don't know)

Thanks in advance!

Is it possible to do a CMOS reset?

What is that? How does one do it? And does it have any side effects? :S I will try to look it up but any info is appreciated!

Edit: Ah I see. Well I can't get into BIOS either and screwing it appart and doing stuff with the motherboard might be going a little to deep for me.

Okay, it seems like after mashing the buttons even fast let me into the bios so I was able to change the settings I wanted. Thanks anyways! :)

What is that? How does one do it? And does it have any side effects? :S I will try to look it up but any info is appreciated!

Edit: Ah I see. Well I can't get into BIOS either and screwing it appart and doing stuff with the motherboard might be going a little to deep for me.

A CMOS reset is basically just resetting the bios on a motherboard. Usually there's a button or a couple of pins you can short on a desktop motherboard to do it, but I don't know about a laptop. I'm glad you got it to work though!

ASU

for future reference, you can hold shift while rebooting windows 10 (and 8/.1) and it will take you to the advanced boot menu where you can enter system recovery or your (u)efi/bios

for future reference, you can hold shift while rebooting windows 10 (and 8/.1) and it will take you to the advanced boot menu where you can enter system recovery or your (u)efi/bios

Really? Wow, I'll keep that in mind then!