Corsair RMx 750W or EVGA SuperNova G2 750W?

Hemanse

Bit torn between these 2, both seem to get really good scores on Johnnyguru who seems to be the go to site when it comes to PSU reviews, both of them get a 9.8 score which must mean the are pretty decent ;)

Here in Denmark the RMx is 124$ and the G2 is 130$, so not a big price difference either, would love some user experience with either that might help me with my decision, replacing my XFX 850W due to it developing quite a bit of coil whine recently.

Also picking up my MSI GTX 970 tomorrow and im thinking 750W is more than enough to run that, so no need to go for another 850W, might aswell save a bit of cash.

Ryzen 7 3700x, MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX, 16GB Ballistix Elite 3600MHz, MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio, Corsair RM750x V2

g2

super flower wins just because of the name they have.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Inc EVGA fanboys let a rip

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

RMx if it's cheaper it's top tier PSU as well so you shouldn't have any problems and it's easier to find custom cables for if your into that

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

Inc EVGA fanboys let a rip

super flower fanboys.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

super flower fanboys.

Half of them prolly dont even know that.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

RMx if it's cheaper it's top tier PSU as well so you shouldn't have any problems and it's easier to find custom cables for if your into that

Okay, yeah its a bit cheaper (6$), EVGA comes with 10 year warranty while the Corsair "only" have 10 year, then again, probably not gonna keep my PSU for 10 years.

super flower fanboys.

Never heard of Super Flower, guess its not a well known company around here :)

Ryzen 7 3700x, MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX, 16GB Ballistix Elite 3600MHz, MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio, Corsair RM750x V2

Half of them prolly dont even know that.

honestly, when your company's name is Super Flower and you manage to stay competitive in a business you deserve respect.

Spoiler

are you planing on doing SLI? 750W is a bit to much even for dual 970s. anyway the G2

sort of like burly men wearing ladies underwear while still lookin mean AF?

yeah

Spoiler

Seems like whiever is cheaper is the go to one :)

are you planing on doing SLI? 750W is a bit to much even for dual 970s. anyway the G2

Not really no, still just run 1080p so a single 970 seems fine, when i finally feel like going for a higher resolution im sure a whole new generation of GPUs have come out :)

Bit torn between these 2, both seem to get really good scores on Johnnyguru who seems to be the go to site when it comes to PSU reviews, both of them get a 9.8 score which must mean the are pretty decent ;)

Here in Denmark the RMx is 124$ and the G2 is 130$, so not a big price difference either, would love some user experience with either that might help me with my decision, replacing my XFX 850W due to it developing quite a bit of coil whine recently.

Also picking up my MSI GTX 970 tomorrow and im thinking 750W is more than enough to run that, so no need to go for another 850W, might aswell save a bit of cash.

Whichever is cheaper will be fine.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||