Graphics issues on old-ish games

PooPotato

Although I have recently purchased the new Star Wars Battlefront, the original 2 games still remain as favorites.  I have recently installed them on my PC, but the graphics are behaving rather strangely, with big chunks missing and bright neon colors.  I have provided a picture from each game.  All of my drivers are up to date, and I'm not really sure what's causing this.  I've messed with the graphics settings in both games, and changed the compatibility modes to no avail.  My PC specs are well above average as well, so it's definitely not on the hardware side.  Thanks for the help in advance.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD FX-8350 (w/ water cooler)

GPU: MSI Radeon R9 280

RAM: 16 Gb G.Skill DDR3

MB: MSI Gaming 970

post-288719-0-34967900-1448479154_thumb.

post-288719-0-17641200-1448479545.png

Almost looks like missing textures. lol

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

oh this is how a game looks when on LSD ... 

Let's agree to disagree

I fixed the first game.  I went through each graphic setting individually while playing the map pictured, and I found out that if I turn the "Shadow Quality" option to "Low" or "Off" instead of "High", the missing texture comes back.  I have no idea why it worked, but I'm happy.