Is this calculator reliable?

Nacho Marco Segui

Hi,im trying to calculate the consumption of my rig if i switched to the 390(Having my 970 rmaed)

The site:http://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator

Basically,it says that the max power draw with my setup would be 390-400(970 at 1500mhz or 390 at 1060)

Looking at Corsair link,the max draw of the entire system has been 270 watts playing fallout 4.Will the power used change much? I am really worried about power consumption since my house is powered ENTIRELY by solar panels

with a 390 you should get 500 good one or 600w one to be safe. Also psu wattage makes very LITTLE DIFFERENCE to consumption.

And yes, it will change a lot. 390 uses almost double the amount of power compared to 970. It alone will use around 250W in gaming loads.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Hi,im trying to calculate the consumption of my rig if i switched to the 390(Having my 970 rmaed)

Basically,it says that the max power draw with my setup would be 390-400(970 at 1500mhz or 390 at 1060)

Looking at Corsair link,the max draw of the entire system has been 270 watts playing fallout 4.Will the power used change much? I am really worried about power consumption since my house is powered ENTIRELY by solar panels

just use pcpart picker in the power supply section it gives you the watts used

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

List your system specs out to me and I'll let you know how much power it needs. Calculators are such trash.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

It will probably be a bit higher, but if you are now at 270, i don't expect it will be 390-400W with a 390.

An extra 50w is probably as much as you would see.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

List your system specs out to me and I'll let you know how much power it needs. Calculators are such trash.

CPU: Intel Core i3-4160 3.6GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($96.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI H97M-E35 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($79.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($337.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: NZXT Source 220 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($47.99 @ Directron) 
Total: $789.34
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-25 14:08 EST-0500

you psu load will be fine. but usage will increase a lot. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

CPU: Intel Core i3-4160 3.6GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($96.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI H97M-E35 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($79.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($337.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: NZXT Source 220 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($47.99 @ Directron) 
Total: $789.34
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-25 14:08 EST-0500

That with the 970 might hit 250W with the GPU overclocked. *Might*. With the 390 it's going to use a fair bit more power, upwards of 330W-ish. You'll still be fine on solar panels though.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

That with the 970 might hit 250W with the GPU overclocked. *Might*. With the 390 it's going to use a fair bit more power, upwards of 330W-ish. You'll still be fine on solar panels though.

It has hit 270 at stock settings(1405 mhz boost)

It has hit 270 at stock settings(1405 mhz boost)

I doubt that as with an overclocked to all hell 5960X + factory OC 970 the system hit 249 watts under load http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-970-oc-mini-itx-review,7.html

Corsair's link is pretty good at measuring voltage regulation and all the boring specs but wattage seems to be a tad off at times. 

EDIT: TL;DR you have nothing to worry about :)