Computer endless loop, bootmgr missing, operating system missing

Cvdasfg

I've had one heck of a past few days.

First off This computer worked 100% fine for many months until three days ago. Three days ago I decided to move my computer into a new case for various reasons. I transferred everything into the new case and when I booted it up I got some "automatic system repair" screens that seemed to me to never end. I kept assuming it was frozen so kept restarting the computer in the middle of it. Then eventually it stopped doing that and instead showed a screen that said bootmgr missing googled it and apparently I was suppose to set my SSD to active so I went ahead and popped in the windows repair disk after repair not working I just did it myself and did the cmd's for setting that volume to active, then it said on reboot that the operating system could not be found. googled that and did some commands in CMD again to repair the MBR,fix boot ect.. a few of the commands didn't work because it appeared my drive was "locked". Anyway its still not he operating system missing thing and at this point I'm seeking some help. Any suggestions? 

Using windows 10 64bit pro ( was upgraded to from windows 7 64bit pro)

SSD I'm using is a 850 pro 512gb

It is partitioned in half. One half is storage, one half is boot drive, and then another tiny partition was auto created awhile back ( no idea what it does)

Suggestions? I'd like to NOT reinstall or lose data is that'd be a major pain in the butt. 

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

Go into your BIOS and make sure the boot order is still correct? I believe W10 has a bootmgr as the first drive you want to boot up.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

Go into your BIOS and make sure the boot order is still correct? I believe W10 has a bootmgr as the first drive you want to boot up.

I unplugged all my other internal drives. This is the only drive currently and shows that it is the only drive. So does boot order matter in that case? there is a setting in BIOS that is actually called bootmgr but i have it disabled? Am I suppose to have that enabled? I thought it was only for dual booting

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

I unplugged all my other internal drives. This is the only drive currently and shows that it is the only drive. So does boot order matter in that case? there is a setting in BIOS that is actually called bootmgr but i have it disabled? Am I suppose to have that enabled? I thought it was only for dual booting

In your drive list for boot order you should have bootmgr and then your primary drive, make sure the primary drive is second and the bootmgr is first. This is how I have mine setup and when I first installed W10 I went into BIOS to change OC and got rid of bootmgr in my boot order and I had the same issue where when I tried to start up it said it was missing.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

Reset the CMOS and set your boot drives to IDE mode for compatibility.

I set my bios to defaults is that what you meant? Or did you mean physically taking out the cmos battery

In your drive list for boot order you should have bootmgr and then your primary drive, make sure the primary drive is second and the bootmgr is first. This is how I have mine setup and when I first installed W10 I went into BIOS to change OC and got rid of bootmgr in my boot order and I had the same issue where when I tried to start up it said it was missing.

now it just shows a black but still lit screen after the "asrock logo" when it boots up. Is that right?

now it just shows a black but still lit screen after the "asrock logo" when it boots up. Is that right?

If you wait a few minutes and it is still at that black screen then no it isn't right :P I wasn't %100 sure that was going to fix your issue as it sounds like you could have corrupted your drive.

Physically taking out the CMOS battery for a 10+ seconds, or shorting out the CMOS pins. 

Nope tried it and all it did was boot into a reset time/date screen then boot straight into the no operating system crap.

If you wait a few minutes and it is still at that black screen then no it isn't right :P I wasn't %100 sure that was going to fix your issue as it sounds like you could have corrupted your drive.

The whole drive isn't corrupted. I can still see all my data if I use a bootable volume viewer. Any suggestions?

I would guess that your MBR is on a different drive.

I've seen cases where when formatting Windows will place the MBR on the first drive it sees and the OS on the drive you want.

When you changed cases you must make sure you plug the drives in the same SATA ports as before, in the same order.

Or, (much easier) when you format only have one drive connected. The only drive that should be connected while formatting is the drive you're formatting.

It's not a race to the bottom.