Knives And Swords In The UK...

Dougieman1001

I was just looking at this website 

[http://www.blades-uk.com/view_items.php?cat_id=81]

And realized that Most knives and swords are illegal in the UK, I checked the governments website

[https://www.gov.uk/buying-carrying-knives]

and I guess some of the swords and knives aren't legal? If so, how can they sell them?

How can they sell samurai swords then?

Examples:

Last Samurai Sword and Stand - £20

On the Government website - 

Banned knives
There is a ban on the sale of some knives:

flick knives (also called ‘switchblades’ or ‘automatic knives’) - where the blade is hidden inside the handle and shoots out when a button is pressed
butterfly knives - where the blade is hidden inside a handle that splits in two around it, like wings; the handles swing around the blade to open or close it
disguised knives, eg where the blade is hidden inside a belt buckle or fake mobile phone
gravity knives
sword-sticks
samurai swords (with some exceptions, including antiques and swords made to traditional methods before 1954)
hand or foot-claws
push daggers
hollow kubotan (cylinder-shaped keychain) holding spikes
shuriken (also known as ‘death stars’ or ‘throwing stars’)
kusari-gama (sickle attached to a rope, cord or wire)
kyoketsu-shoge (hook-knife attached to a rope, cord or wire)
kusari (weight attached to a rope, cord or wire)
Spoiler

• samurai swords (with some exceptions, including antiques and swords made to traditional methods before 1954)

Sauce - https://www.gov.uk/buying-carrying-knives

I looked it up when I was looking to get a real Karambit knife from Germany. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Katanas that are manufactured prior to 1958, I believe. 

How can it be made before then and still only cost £20?

Spoiler

How can it be made before then and still only cost £20?

I edited my post. 

EDIT: You answered your question when quoting the .gov site. x: 

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I edited my post. 

Yeah, But how can it be 50+ years old and be real cheap?

Edit - Ohhh I get it, if its made with the methods of 50+ years ago

Spoiler

They are illegal to open/have in public, I know for fact there is a shop in York - if you live around there - that has an armoury where you can purchase knives, swords, armour etc etc. And they wrap it up in a hard-to-open, black bubble wrap package. The reason for the black packaging is so that police know there is a dangerous weapon and will arrest you if you try to open it in public. So I doubt it's illegal to have in your house, heck I have 2 in my house from SAO. 

Yeah, But how can it be 50+ years old and be real cheap?

Again, you've answered your own post without knowing it. 

samurai swords (with some exceptions, including antiques and swords made to traditional methods before 1954)

If the manufacture is using the traditional methods prior to 1954, it's legal within the UK. 

The sale of Katanas is oddly technical in the UK. You can buy straight blades with no edge, but can't buy them with an edge. You can't buy curved ones with no edge, but you can buy curved ones with an edge, provided they are made using traditional methods. 

I own a curved, edged Katana and had no issues with it being shipped here. 

I was just looking at this website 

[http://www.blades-uk.com/view_items.php?cat_id=81]

And realized that Most knives and swords are illegal in the UK, I checked the governments website

[https://www.gov.uk/buying-carrying-knives]

and I guess some of the swords and knives aren't legal? If so, how can they sell them?

How can they sell samurai swords then?

Examples:

Last Samurai Sword and Stand - £20

On the Government website - 

Banned knives
There is a ban on the sale of some knives:

flick knives (also called ‘switchblades’ or ‘automatic knives’) - where the blade is hidden inside the handle and shoots out when a button is pressed
butterfly knives - where the blade is hidden inside a handle that splits in two around it, like wings; the handles swing around the blade to open or close it
disguised knives, eg where the blade is hidden inside a belt buckle or fake mobile phone
gravity knives
sword-sticks
hand or foot-claws
push daggers
hollow kubotan (cylinder-shaped keychain) holding spikes
shuriken (also known as ‘death stars’ or ‘throwing stars’)
kusari-gama (sickle attached to a rope, cord or wire)
kyoketsu-shoge (hook-knife attached to a rope, cord or wire)
kusari (weight attached to a rope, cord or wire)

Most those of those blades are illegal even in the US.

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

The sale of Katanas is oddly technical in the UK. You can buy straight blades with no edge, but can't buy them with an edge. You can't buy curved ones with no edge, but you can buy curved ones with an edge, provided they are made using traditional methods. 

Where did you get this info from? ;)

Spoiler

Most those of those blades are illegal even in the US.

Most of them are legal, actually. Switch blades are even legal in lots of states, like in Texas. 

In fact, at our annual renascence festival near me they have a weapons smith that sells lots of the ones listed. 

I used to be quite active here.

No issue shipping? Gives me some security when looking to order a Karambit. :P 

Then again, a Karambit is a legal knife. 

Most of them are legal, actually. Switch blades are even legal in lots of states, like in Texas. 

In fact, at our annual renascence festival near me they have a weapons smith that sells lots of the ones listed. 

Yeah to my knowledge the only blades the US has a problem with are cane swords (and maybe umbrella swords but am unsure on that one)

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Well, it took a while to come, but that was the company, rather than it being held up in customs. 

What about something liek a M9 Bayonet?

Spoiler

What about something liek a M9 Bayonet?

I don't know. I've only looked up the knife I want. Though, I am fairly sure that if these knives (http://stores.ebay.de/HIMMELSSCHMIEDE/CS-REAL-KNIVES-SKINS-/_i.html?_fsub=952225219&_sid=1097936539&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322) are able to be shipped to the UK, then I don't see why not. 

• samurai swords (with some exceptions, including antiques and swords made to traditional methods before 1954)

Sauce - https://www.gov.uk/buying-carrying-knives

I looked it up when I was looking to get a real Karambit knife from Germany. 

Aren't karambit knives illegal because they are a form of knuckle duster?

Spoiler

All of the swords in the category on your first link are purely ornamental so they might be alright

Hell.. Some of their "Functional swords" look poorly made too

Bwahaha "Hand forged" katanas for  £90.. Yeah no

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Yeah to my knowledge the only blades the US has a problem with are cane swords (and maybe umbrella swords but am unsure on that one)

Yes. Also some states have Switchblades outlawed to carry (I think only 4 or 5 states they're completely illegal to own.) 

I used to be quite active here.

Aren't karambit knives illegal because they are a form of knuckle duster?

Nope. 

Yes. Also some states have Switchblades outlawed to carry (I think only 4 or 5 states they're completely illegal to own.) 

Yeah don't I live in one of those states, New Hampshire (Mass does I think)

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

I wouldn't call anything from that website a sword but I have found this that explains a lot on ebay of all places.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/gds/New-UK-Sword-Legislation-FAQ-/10000000006500890/g.html

My PC: i5 4690k===MSI GAMING 3===980TI===8GB-Corsair-Vangence-Pro-Series===H100i-GTX===EVGA G2 750W===Samsung 850evo m.2 boot drive===Samsung 250gb evo SSD===Seagate-Barracuda-1TB-HDD===NZXT-H440