AMD GPU's

MalaySausage

i just started a thread on peoples ideas on AMD cpu's but what to people think of there GPU's and what they hold for the future 

and what about the fury x that was supposedly going to be a titan killer that obviously wasn't 

now for gpus... they pretty much own the low to mid range except for a few specific games, but for high end they really cant compete with the 980 ti and the titan x

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

Low to mid-range: AMD's got it in the bag, competing with NVIDIA by creating equally or better perfoming GPU' s for the same price or less.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Like others have said they own low-mid end GPUs. Things get a little more interesting on the high end. The Fury beats out the 980 (I think?) And the Fury X is slightly worse than the 980Ti at all but 4K. The Fury Nano is the size of the Fury X on air, so it's super small.

Seems like AMD is testing out some new things with their Fury card lineup, which I think is good.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

They're amazing cards generally. All the way up to the 390/390X

you forgot the fury non x

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Amd has nvidia beat all the way until you reach the 980ti

And since their graphics cards act like electric heaters your never cold either

You should really stop posting this crap. Its no longer true. 

Anyone remember Thermi? Of course not. This forum is infested by rabid nvidiots.

In terms of CPU performance AMD is in bad shape.

In terms of GPU performance AMD has a good performing product range all the way from budget options and upto $500+ stuff. And they are doing well on driver support too.

they're pretty much better across the board until you get to 980 Ti territory

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

You should really stop posting this crap. Its no longer true. 

Anyone remember Thermi? Of course not. This forum is infested by rabid nvidiots.

i have a r9 290 and its fucking hot but i haven't had a nividia  graphics card in years so i was like wow its sorta true what everyone was saying  but then i look at temps of the 980 on non reference coolers and at 100% load  the temps are close to mine making me realize its a pretty big exaggeration based on the reference 290s  

Congratulations, you have activated the perk "brand loyalty". Unfortunately all that perk grants you is +15 in the cost of goods at all traders.

When it comes to GPU temperatures it comes down to how much effort you place in your ventilation. My Nitro 390 stays in the 50's while playing Fallout 4, but I put effort into finding the best ventilation my case could provide through trying different fans placements.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

just like my nvidia card

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

i have a r9 290 and its fucking hot but i haven't had a nividia  graphics card in years so i was like wow its sorta true what everyone was saying  but then i look at temps of the 980 on non reference coolers and at 100% load  the temps are close to mine making me realize its a pretty big exaggeration based on the reference 290s  

The 980ti gets very hot too and has higher idle temps then the 290 depending on what display you have. People who exaggerate the heat of AMD cards are incapable of looking at facts 

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

they're pretty much better across the board until you get to 980 Ti territory

Literally the only card on the Nvidia side better than my gpu as of now is the 980ti which is like 3x the price of my card. 

i just started a thread on peoples ideas on AMD cpu's but what to people think of there GPU's and what they hold for the future 

and what about the fury x that was supposedly going to be a titan killer that obviously wasn't 

Future is a key word here. The 290x was supposed to be a Titan killer in 2013 and had the chops but it was 10% behind most games. Now the 290x absolutely crushes the Titan in basically every game that's been coming out. Mark my words, the same thing will happen between the Fury X and Titan X/980ti

Not once did AMD say it was going to be a titan killer. That's what the public hyped it up to be.

Future is a key word here. The 290x was supposed to be a Titan killer in 2013 and had the chops but it was 10% behind most games. Now the 290x absolutely crushes the Titan in basically every game that's been coming out. Mark my words, the same thing will happen between the Fury X and Titan X/980ti

Didn't it kind of happen through drivers already? Thought the new drivers bumped the performance of the new line up to practically above the 980ti? (For the fury and fury x anyway)

Didn't it kind of happen through drivers already? Thought the new drivers bumped the performance of the new line up to practically above the 980ti? (For the fury and fury x anyway)

Yeah. Lots of review sites have posted that with new games and drivers the Fury X officially beats the 980ti for 4k and 1440p gaming. But different sites have different results. Personally I would choose the Fury X over the 980ti any day. The sheer tech behind it blows away the 980ti.. And Nvidia is a sleezy company when it comes to games anyways. Check out Joker Productions on YouTube who has 980ti SLI but says the honest truth about Nvidia and their gimping.

Depends which 980ti you are comparing them to. Fury X has the reference design beat, but not some of those aftermarket ones.

If it hasn't been said yet, Crossfire is much better than SLI.

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C

pretty much this. ANd if you factor in the R9 295x2, They have beaten Nvidia ALL the way

dual GPU doesn't really count

dual GPU doesn't really count

fanboy argument...

a card is a card. If the GTX 990 or TitanZ was faster then all AMD cards, then everyone would accept it as "the fastest".... but because the R9 295x2 beats the TitanZ, even though it SHOULDNT due to the GPU itself being weaker, everyone seems to say "dual GPU doesnt count".... simply because Nvidia doesnt have a Dual GPU that can remotely match AMD...

go figure.