New AMD Crimson drivers problems

Kyundere
Go to solution Solved by ApolloEleven,

Ok after waiting 5mins it got unstuck! Then it got stuck again (program is "Not responding"), it is now at 33%

My original post:

Mine is stuck at 16% as we speak. This is strange since other people at other forums always get their stuck at 2% or 16% too. I don't know why it is those specific percentages that the common freezes are. Most people said they waited atleast 20mins then it will get unstuck.

So yea maybe just leaving it there for atleast 20mins would help. Every 5mins it seems to progress.

I had the same issue of the installer freezing when I tried. I ended up using DDU to fully remove all previous drivers then tried re-installing Crimson. Worked perfectly. 

Also, what's this compass issue in Fallout? I haven't seen this problem yet.

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C

I had the same issue of the installer freezing when I tried. I ended up using DDU to fully remove all previous drivers then tried re-installing Crimson. Worked perfectly. 

Also, what's this compass issue in Fallout? I haven't seen this problem yet.

The compass in Fallout 4 glitches after installing Crimson, hard to describe but parts of it go invisible depending on the direction you're facing.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

The compass in Fallout 4 glitches after installing Crimson, hard to describe but parts of it go invisible depending on the direction you're facing.

I'll have to go check. I was playing it for a good while last night and didn't notice it. I did enjoy the performance boost I got from the drivers though. Game runs much smoother with a lot less dips in fps.

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

I'll have to go check. I was playing it for a good while last night and didn't notice it. I did enjoy the performance boost I got from the drivers though. Game runs much smoother with a lot less dips in fps.

Game runs fucking amazing :lol: . You'd notice it right away, you can't miss it. I've tried every setting in Crimson and disabled my mods. I also did a complete uninstall and reinstall of Crimson. Nothing worked.

Nope, still have the compass issue. Can you use an older driver but keep Crimson?

You mean Radeon Setting? Yes. 

Right now i'm on full Crimson but i downloaded Catalyst 15.11.1 DLLs from this MEGA folder and extract the DLLs into Fallout 4 main folder, no more Compass flickering. You need to download DLLs from the Direct 10.0-DirectX 12.0 folder since Fallout 4 use DX11.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Game runs fucking amazing :lol: . You'd notice it right away, you can't miss it. I've tried every setting in Crimson and disabled my mods. I also did a complete uninstall and reinstall of Crimson. Nothing worked.

I checked and I don't seem to have that problem. Not sure what could cause it either. I still have issues with the perk screen, but that's because I'm forcing Crossfire 1x1 optimized and not the drivers in particular.

Right now i'm on full Crimson but i downloaded Catalyst 15.11.1 DLLs from this MEGA folder and extract the DLLs into Fallout 4 main folder, no more Compass flickering. You need to download DLLs from the Direct 10.0-DirectX 12.0 folder since Fallout 4 use DX11.

Hmm. I'll look into that.

I checked and I don't seem to have that problem. Not sure what could cause it either. I still have issues with the perk screen, but that's because I'm forcing Crossfire 1x1 optimized and not the drivers in particular.

Not sure what causes it, but the AMD boards are lit up with complaints about it. I haven't seen a response from AMD yet. 

That worked, found a easy PC noob way of doing it here on the Nexus. You have to do it manually though, using the NMM won't work.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2707/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout4%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D2707&pUp=1

* I've run into Crimson install issue as well, was looking forward to updating, downloaded, extracted (after removing previous drivers using AMD uninstall) ...install process goes to 16% then freezes, no response...retried install again...2% freezes??

* Driver install shouldn't be this complicated.

Tried multiple times, still had performance loss. Went back to the old drivers and everything is back to normal. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

* I've run into Crimson install issue as well, was looking forward to updating, downloaded, extracted (after removing previous drivers using AMD uninstall) ...install process goes to 16% then freezes, no response...retried install again...2% freezes??

* Driver install shouldn't be this complicated.

I fixed this issue by just waiting (I know it sucks). Read my previous posts in this thread for more detail.

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

As usual people need to read better on how to install things you don't always just click

. Crimson works flawless for me. Also keep in mind if you have a older system sometimes other hardware conflicts with newer. Hard to make everything 100 % compatible at launch. Sure issues will be addressed.

* All my Hardware is new - Asus z97- intel 4770k xfx fury R9 - Someone recently mentioned there's an issue with the HDMI driver looking for the CCC uninstaller, thus there is no more CCC, only Radoen SOftware installer, thus possibly index search causes long pause to find the driver uninstaller, which is not longer under that name? Still gonna wait to see if AMD FIX This!

* All my Hardware is new - Asus z97- intel 4770k xfx fury R9 - Someone recently mentioned there's an issue with the HDMI driver looking for the CCC uninstaller, thus there is no more CCC, only Radoen SOftware installer, thus possibly index search causes long pause to find the driver uninstaller, which is not longer under that name? Still gonna wait to see if AMD FIX This!

They will, no worries.

It fucked up the showdows in SWBF. Half the map would just turn black. Had to do two full uninstall reinstall cycles. Working fine now.

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

Strange how people are having issues, mine installed smoothly and saw the performance improvements on some titles such as GTA V and Witcher 3.

Crimson really made fallout 4 almost unplayable on the same settings I was using before the driver update with no issue, But CS:GO had like no difference.   Back to catalyst for now. 

* Are the 15.11 drivers compatible with Star Wars Battlefront? * I'd like to pick up the game, but want to confirm if it playable on the 15.11 drivers.

* Are the 15.11 drivers compatible with Star Wars Battlefront? * I'd like to pick up the game, but want to confirm if it playable on the 15.11 drivers.

Check out the benchmarks. But every game I have seen picked up fps with the release of Crimson

Antivirus software running in background can cause problems, ie Avast/Malware, also try the BETA install at 600 megs. 

Think there is a link somewhere I'm too lazy to post

No, the one with F4 optimization.

Might want to use DDU to remove your driver and reinstall back.

Where can I download this 15.11.1 fallout 4 optimized driver ? :o

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

Antivirus software running in background can cause problems, ie Avast/Malware, also try the BETA install at 600 megs. P

Think there is a link somewhere I'm too lazy to post

Please link it !

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

Where can I download this 15.11.1 fallout 4 optimized driver ? :o

Not whole driver, just DLL files. https://mega.nz/#F!8tlAhDyQ!2AkAQukJKAYuIWEzDTGtFA

Please link it !

Don't waste time download the pre-release beta Crimson driver. Since you're using 6990, that mean you need to download the legacy Crimson driver?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Not whole driver, just DLL files. https://mega.nz/#F!8tlAhDyQ!2AkAQukJKAYuIWEzDTGtFA

Don't waste time download the pre-release beta Crimson driver. Since you're using 6990, that mean you need to download the legacy Crimson driver?

The one out is the legacy crimson driver I think?

It says legacy on the page you download it.

- Well I'm noobing out. No idea what I should do with the DLL files, and what they're supposed to do. :lol: