What do I need?

Nater

I want to have the option to turn off my headphones and turn on an audio system in my room all controlled by my PC, but I have no idea what I need, what's good, and what to avoid? Ideally I want it mounted to the four corners in my room.

Can I just buy 4 speakers individually? How do I hook it up to my PC?

its either connected to the PC with USB or audio jack

i use audio jack on both headset and speaker. i just connected the headset front and speaker on back. it  works!  except the mic in and speaker out is actually inverted but it works

https://seniortv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/pc_audio.jpg an example of audio jack on the back

some maybe be find USB simpler than audio jack

you can use software to control it too. i just had to uninstall my audio driver (i was kinda suprised) to make it work

Can I just buy 4 speakers individually? How do I hook it up to my PC?

its best to just buy a set of speakers like these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2F83K83697&cm_re=speaker-_-36-121-034-_-Product

im using those currently

i hope this helps ^^

you see this? this is my signature. btw im Norwegian 

Spoiler

CPU - Intel I7-5820K, Motherboard - ASUS X99-A, RAM - Crucial DDR4 Ballistix Sport 16GB, GPU - MSI Geforce GTX 970, Case - Cooler Master HAF XB evo, Storage - Intel SSD 330 Series 120GB - OS, WD Desktop Blue 500GB - storage 1, Seagate Barracuda 2TB - storage 2, PSU - Corsair RM850x (overkill i know), Display(s)- AOC 24" g2460Pg, Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, 2 Noctua 120mm PWM, 1 Corsair 120mm AF RED LED, Keyboard - SpeedLink VIRTUIS Advanced, Mouse - razer deathadder chroma, Sound - Logitech Z313, SteelSeries Siberia V2 HyperX Edition, OS - Windows 10 (prefer windows 7)

its either connected to the PC with USB or audio jack

i use audio jack on both headset and speaker. i just connected the headset front and speaker on back. it  works!  except the mic in and speaker out is actually inverted but it works

https://seniortv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/pc_audio.jpg an example of audio jack on the back

some maybe be find USB simpler than audio jack

you can use software to control it too. i just had to uninstall my audio driver (i was kinda suprised) to make it work

its best to just buy a set of speakers like these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2F83K83697&cm_re=speaker-_-36-121-034-_-Product

im using those currently

i hope this helps ^^

Do I really need a sub though?

Does anyone have a suggestion for a bundle? 50-200 range?

Do I really need a sub though?

Does anyone have a suggestion for a bundle? 50-200 range?

if you like hearing and feeling bass the sub is nice to have else regular speakers is enough

and i dont have suggestion sadly. only used one set (the 1 i linked to my first post in this thread)

Spoiler

CPU - Intel I7-5820K, Motherboard - ASUS X99-A, RAM - Crucial DDR4 Ballistix Sport 16GB, GPU - MSI Geforce GTX 970, Case - Cooler Master HAF XB evo, Storage - Intel SSD 330 Series 120GB - OS, WD Desktop Blue 500GB - storage 1, Seagate Barracuda 2TB - storage 2, PSU - Corsair RM850x (overkill i know), Display(s)- AOC 24" g2460Pg, Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, 2 Noctua 120mm PWM, 1 Corsair 120mm AF RED LED, Keyboard - SpeedLink VIRTUIS Advanced, Mouse - razer deathadder chroma, Sound - Logitech Z313, SteelSeries Siberia V2 HyperX Edition, OS - Windows 10 (prefer windows 7)

if you like hearing and feeling bass the sub is nice to have else regular speakers is enough

and i dont have suggestion sadly. only used one set (the 1 i linked to my first post in this thread)

While I do want to appreciate the bass I have no idea where I'd put a sub.

While I do want to appreciate the bass I have no idea where I'd put a sub.

i put mine beside me, because i like to feel it on my feet :3

some usually have it front of their feets in the middle. try not to put too close the PC, unless you have all SSD because those things can shake alot

Spoiler

i put mine beside me, because i like to feel it on my feet :3

some usually have it front of their feets in the middle. try not to put too close the PC, unless you have all SSD because those things can shake alot

I don't even have enough room to put my feet (my knees hit my wall). Every inch of my wall is pretty much lined with something besides a far spot.

I don't even have enough room to put my feet (my knees hit my wall). Every inch of my wall is pretty much lined with something besides a far spot.

then you should just find a pair of speakers. you can maybe use extenders too, not sure

Spoiler