Can you fold on any pc?

I have a 4 year old laptop and was wondering if you could fold on any pc, is there like special requirements?

Yes, any PC that can at least run the folding software will work. (generic windows laptop)

My i5 6500 is bad and can't even maintain 4.5ghz, and 4.4ghz causes it to slowly become unstable over weeks with a vcore of 1.395. FML

Yes, any PC that can at least run the folding software will work. (generic windows laptop)

ok and how do people get folding badges on the forum ??

Be aware that if you fold on  your laptop 24/7 it will need adequate cooling i'd spend like 30 bucks and get one of those laptop coolers that go under it. Just stick your laptop in some corner with an outlet and keep it running elevated with access to air. check on it frequently to make sure its still running fine etc.

I don't know about the folding badge they probably have that listed somewhere though just research it a bit and you should be able to find out :D

Hope I helped.

Be aware that if you fold on  your laptop 24/7 it will need adequate cooling i'd spend like 30 bucks and get one of those laptop coolers that go under it. Just stick your laptop in some corner with an outlet and keep it running elevated with access to air. check on it frequently to make sure its still running fine etc.

I don't know about the folding badge they probably have that listed somewhere though just research it a bit and you should be able to find out :D

Hope I helped.

ok thanks for the info but I just started folding and i am trying to connect to the folding client on the browser but it is saying that it was unable to connect?

ok thanks for the info but I just started folding and i am trying to connect to the folding client on the browser but it is saying that it was unable to connect?

I figured it out. thanks

ok and how do people get folding badges on the forum ??

Check the FAQ sticky on the top

A10-7800 | GTX 750 Ti | 8GB DDR3

Folding Stats

22 minimum work units with proof for the first page, 1 million points for the bronze, and they go from there.  However, you have to PM whaler_99.

I've actually got over 1M now but I'm not sure if I want to mention it because they take away the green one when you get the next level up I think, and I don't care for the look of them as much :P

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Well, if you want the badge you need to PM Whaler.

I know; how do you think I got this one ;)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Magic?

1337 h4x0rz