AX1 4K Professional Handycam shoulder rest

cakez

I might get a AX1 4K Professional Handycam so I'm planning what I'm going to get.One thing I need is a shoulder rest with a counter weight but I can't find one so I'm relying on you guys to find a shoulder rest with a coubter weight for a AX1 4K Professional Handycam.

Thx

CSS not working for me, sorry mispost. Anyone else, OP has posted in white?

My build : http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL

[spoiler spoiler=Crimson Skyline]  My build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL | I5-6600K | Hyper 212 Evo | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming + ROG Front Base | Axevir Core Series Red 2X8 2400 | Sandisk SSD Plus 240 GB | Western Digital 1TB Blue | MSI R9 390 | Corsair 760T | Corsair 850 RMI | Dell U2515H IPS | Hyper X II Cloud Red | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech G602 |

[spoiler spoiler=Laptop] I7 3232QM | Nvidia GT635M | 17.6" TN | 1TB HD | 6GB RAM

Change your text colour to black please or anything else visible :)

I don't like 2D games...I just couldn't get into them.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Not just me, I am not mad. Phew.

My build : http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL

[spoiler spoiler=Crimson Skyline]  My build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL | I5-6600K | Hyper 212 Evo | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming + ROG Front Base | Axevir Core Series Red 2X8 2400 | Sandisk SSD Plus 240 GB | Western Digital 1TB Blue | MSI R9 390 | Corsair 760T | Corsair 850 RMI | Dell U2515H IPS | Hyper X II Cloud Red | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech G602 |

[spoiler spoiler=Laptop] I7 3232QM | Nvidia GT635M | 17.6" TN | 1TB HD | 6GB RAM

I might get a AX1 4K Professional Handycam so I'm planning what I'm going to get.One thing I need is a shoulder rest with a counter weight but I can't find one so I'm relying on you guys to find a shoulder rest with a coubter weight for a AX1 4K Professional Handycam.

Thx

How much are you willing to spend, for the shoulder rig?

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

sry I'm using a skin for the website which is black

How much are you willing to spend?

I want to see the option so no price range at this moment

I want to see the option so no price range at this moment

B&H lists some shoulder rigs under accessories

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1002485-REG/sony_fdr_ax1_4k_camcorder.html

But I've also heard that the AX1 is not really a great camera.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

why?

Not sure, I'm looking for the source that made that claim.

Anyway, if you do decide to get it, welcome to the Sony 4K club :D

EDIT:  Here is the comment about the AX1, Philip Bloom claims it has aliasing and moire issues.  Keep in mind I am only stating what he said, I don't know whether Sony might have fixed the issue with perhaps a firmware update or not.  Watch at time code 1:09:33

snip

The AX1 uses XQD memory cards, which will bring up the price to around the same level as the Sony PXW-FS5 which uses a Super 35 sensor (same as my PXW-FS7) but the FS5 uses SDXC memory cards instead and offers interchangeable lens mount.

Or another option would be the Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4K, but this one you need to invest in expensive CFast 2.0 cards and V or Gold mount batteries.  The Mini 4K is $3000 for the body, add about $600 for 2 memory cards and $500 for the shoulder mount, $400-800 for the batteries and you get to around $5000 total.

AX1

sony_fdr_ax1_4k_camcorder_1378266762000_

FS5

sony_pxw_fs5_xdcam_super_35_144492702000

Ursa Mini 4K

blackmagic_design_cinecamursam40k_ef_urs

Tell me a budget, what your requirements are, what specifications or features you need and I'll help you find a camera.

Tell me a budget, what your requirements are, what specifications or features you need and I'll help you find a camera.

tank you very much but instead can you make a chart comparing the ax1 and the fs5 cause they both seem like good cameras

:D

tank you very much but instead can you make a chart comparing the ax1 and the fs5 cause they both seem like good cameras

:D

There's hardly any comparison, the only thing the AX1 has going for it (compared to the FS5) is the built in lens and UHD 4K 60fps whereas with the FS5 you need a separate set of lenses and it only does 30fps at UHD 4K. I find the ability to switch lenses to be a big advantage that outweighs the extra cost. So apart from lens and frame rate the FS5 beats the AX1 in every aspect.

What the FS5 has over the AX1:

Larger sensor

Better low light capability

High frame rate slow motion recording at 1080p, and low frame rate quick motion feature too

Uses cheaper SD cards, which is why it doesn't come with 4K 60 fps

Should have the same high quality audio preamps like it's bigger sibling the PXW-FS7

It basically is a younger sibling to the FS7

A lot more pro features than the AX1

SNIP

DJI Ronin / Ronin M 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

DJI Ronin / Ronin M

The OP should get a military tank

http://petapixel.com/2015/11/21/tank-guns-make-for-fantastic-camera-stabilizers/

Good idea,  and you can shoot the people that dont pay for your work then

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

There's hardly any comparison, the only thing the AX1 has going for it (compared to the FS5) is the built in lens and UHD 4K 60fps whereas with the FS5 you need a separate set of lenses and it only does 30fps at UHD 4K. I find the ability to switch lenses to be a big advantage that outweighs the extra cost. So apart from lens and frame rate the FS5 beats the AX1 in every aspect.

What the FS5 has over the AX1:

Larger sensor

Better low light capability

High frame rate slow motion recording at 1080p, and low frame rate quick motion feature too

Uses cheaper SD cards, which is why it doesn't come with 4K 60 fps

Should have the same high quality audio preamps like it's bigger sibling the PXW-FS7

It basically is a younger sibling to the FS7

A lot more pro features than the AX1

is there any shoulder rig/rest for the fs5

is there any shoulder rig/rest for the fs5

I'm sure you can mount it on a lot of shoulder rigs.  Keep in mind a lot of shoulder rigs are not designed for a specific camera in mind, they are designed to be used with almost any camera.

I'm sure you can mount it on a lot of shoulder rigs.  Keep in mind a lot of shoulder rigs are not designed for a specific camera in mind, they are designed to be used with almost any camera.

thx k,so do you thing the FS5 is a really good camera?

thx k,so do you thing the FS5 is a really good camera?

Well YES I DO, the two reasons I bought the FS7 are because I needed 4K 60fps and it's already available.  Otherwise I would've waited a couple more months and got the FS5.  The FS5 was announced a couple of months ago, Sony I believe will be making the first deliveries next month.

Anyway, you really should take a look at the form factor and designs of both the AX1 and the FS7.  The viewfinder is in the back of the body, and the LCD screens are in a fixed position.  How exactly do you want to shoulder mount run&gun with either camera?