C# Timer List

Nater

I have a list of Timers (System.Timers) all connected to the same elapse, but how do I figure out which one is communicating with it? Each one is suppose to be active at the same time, all for different amounts of times and I need to know what time each one is at at all times.

The only thing I've come up with is doing it based on intervals ie: ones at 999, another at 998, another at 1000 ect ect. 

Just FYI, you can simplify the code with Contains()

// Using List<Timer> which I'll simply name _timersprivate void timer1_Tick(...){    Timer t = (Timer) sender    if (_timers.Contains(t))    {        // Do something    }}

However you may want to consider using a Dictionary or HashSet instead of a List for faster lookup.

// If using HashSet<Timer> which I'll simply name _timersprivate void timer1_Tick(...){    Timer t = (Timer) sender    if (_timers.Contains(t))    {        // Do something    }}// If using Dictionary<Timer, ...> which I'll also name _timersprivate void timer1_Tick(...){    Timer t = (Timer) sender    if (_timers.ContainsKey(t))    {        // Do something    }}