Which 40" TV brand to get?

Kinuubi

So after getting a Sony 40" KDL40W600B TV my friend wanted one as well. He was asked me which one he should get. The same one as my Sony or a Samsung UN40H5003. Doesn't really matter if it is a smart tv or not. He will be using a PS4 for his viewing needs. I told him to get the Samsung because it's cheaper and don't really need a smart TV. Which do you guys think is better or any other TVs he can get? Thanks guys!

Out of those two he should get samsung

Thanks for the input! Seems like you have another brand to suggest. Do you?

Get a Samsung, we have had one for 2 years and it is running great

Got an Android, never going back to apple again (notice I spelled apple with a lowercase and Android with an uppercase)

I've owned Sony and Samsung TVs and have to say that Samsung gets my vote as well.  Just better quality all around.  With some tweaking though both brands do pretty decent.  I personally now use Vizio since it's usually cheaper and looks great.

Sony tv's have a lower response time then Samsung tv's.

If you choose for the Samsung model be sure to do this > Viewingmode to Cinema-settings.

Sony is very underrated often go check reviews, don't listen to anyone until you done so.

If had many Samsungs and they where all calibrated shit out of the box, while my Sony was calibrated perfectly out of the box, if colors look crap btw then some tweaking won't fix it that much either, while if its just minor you can still make some small adjustments.

The reason most people vote samsung over sony by default is that sony's tvs don't last as long (or at least they didn't), and many people have had problems with them breaking in the past, for example I had a sony tv die 6 months after purchase, while the samsung tv that replaced it is still going strong after 7 years

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

If had many cases of DOA's on Samsung and there scummy warranty where you know its under warranty but they don't give you warranty.

Well to each their own, everyone has some companies that they have had issues with, I guess one of yours is samsung, while sony is one of mine.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful