Bitspower upgrade kit loop routing

I have just a quick question. I plan to watercool my pc and want to use a pump and res combo bybitspower.

0a89b840_IMG_1152_zps5158b9cc.jpeg

Can I use the 2 ports on the pump top for in and out or do I need to use the return on the top?

Every build I have seen using this combo brings the fluid back through the top of the res but in this video by SingularityComputers, he says it is possible to do the piping like I plan to do (Segment starts at 12:41, inlet/outlet options at 16:48). Wouldn't using both ports on the pump top just suck the air back in to the pump when bleeding the system.

I don't want to fill my loop only to find out that it traps the air inside it and I have to start all over again.

Thanks for your help

I'm not sure what you mean by "using both ports on the pump top"

There's one outlet on the pumptop, and apart from that, you can use whichever one you like as the inlet either on the pump top, or the reservoir it self. If you use one on the reservoir, then you're going to need a "aqua tube / pipe"

I'm not sure what you mean by "using both ports on the pump top"

This is how my pump top looks like

gkhk6xdp.jpg

Now the problem I see is that the inlet feeds directly to the pump (duh) but doesn't allow the air to go up into the reservoir making bleeding very difficult. That's what I meant by trapping the air inside the loop. Obviously the air would have more time to settle at the top of the res if the liquid came back from the top of the res

This is how my pump top looks like

gkhk6xdp.jpg

Now the problem I see is that the inlet feeds directly to the pump (duh) but doesn't allow the air to go up into the reservoir making bleeding very difficult. That's what I meant by trapping the air inside the loop. Obviously the air would have more time to settle at the top of the res if the liquid came back from the top of the res

Aha I see what you mean. I used to have the same setup, and I had no problems with air being trapped. Just make sure to have a port open on the top of the reservoir. :)