What would you rather see

EmmaMay

Hi everyone :)

Sorry in advance if this is a rather bland question, but I was just wondering what people's preferences were on this, this is just a console question (not a PC question)

Thank in advance :)

Not salivating at the prospect of any company "reinventing the wheel" - don't we have enough already?  Innovate, don't replicate!

Folding For Linus since July 2015

Not salivating at the prospect of any company "reinventing the wheel" - don't we have enough already?  Innovate, don't replicate!

You're right, that's what I meant sorry, "innovate something new"

Edit: Fixed the question, many thanks :)

Neither, because I don't care about consoles.

I would like to see SEGA come back as a hardware developer. Maybe this time though they should try to get along with the 3rd parties.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

At this point I don't see what more can be innovated at the console level that isn't VR related and that is already in the works.

The last 'innovation' someone could think of was to put Android on a game console. 

Intel i5 6600k

Powercolor AMD R9 390

You're right, that's what I meant sorry, "innovate something new"

Edit: Fixed the question, many thanks :)

Ok, changed my vote  ;)

Folding For Linus since July 2015

• 1 month later...

I would like to see SEGA come back as a hardware developer. Maybe this time though they should try to get along with the 3rd parties.

I think Total War would have to stay on steam though, I'm not sure if it would work well enough with a controller

I don't really care what brand is on the box as long as the content is interesting. I said "new brand" only because I kinda want a bit more competition in the portable space. I can see someone like Valve, NVidia, Microsoft or Samsung maybe shrinking a PC-like device into something you can pocket. Like a Microsoft Surface with face buttons or an NVidia Shield with a bigger library of traditional games. That could be interesting. Beyond that? In the home console space I don't think we need another company making yet another closed-ecosystem PC with a brand name slapped on the box.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Although I'm beginning to accept digital only one thing that still gets me is a company like valve or a publisher can remove games from someone's library and not have to refund the gamers (that's what alphaomegasin says)

I want to see a console that is at least 1080p 60fps and 4k 30fps,they should get rid of manditory monthly subscriptions, and there should be a console phone case. That last on is my favorite, imagine if Nintendo or another company made a line of phone cases that fit the latest phones, and added buttons, memory expansion slots, and they could have digital downloads from the app store or play store. Google and apple already basically have the network in place with achievements, multiplayer, the app stores, etc. With my Galaxy s6 edge 1440p amoled display and a great processor you could play games at great resolutions and it would add a whole new depth to mobile gaming. They could also have a processor in the case to help the phone, and on top of that with android there is potential to mod games. On top of all that I think we all know that portable consoles have been on the decline because of mobile phone games, no one wants to carry two devices that both play games but a case is a different story and if they kept it cheap and released the games for under $40 it could be real success. There is just so much potential that I would love to see a company do this, especially Nintendo because they had a great reputation for the Gameboy, DS, and to some the 3DS and they would have such a great line up of exclusives.