WTF Did I Do Wrong?

boboman342
Go to solution Solved by boboman342,

Thank you @Wauthar @Hawx @Napper198 @Stuntz @rentaspoon for all of your help! 

I reinstalled the game, rebound everything, and it all works now. TO THE PTU BROTHERS!

Finally got my 980 Ti and booted up SC (still takes forever to load on an ssd). Just started walking around my shiny 325a for an hour before I even attempted to go into free flight, and that is where everything went to shit. Why is there so much mouse lag/delay? It games like Elite Dangerous and flying jets in BF4, there is none. And where is the controller support? I see the settings tabs and can rebind buttons, but nothing changes. My ps4 controller works fine in those other games, but only a few buttons activate things in star citizen... I feel like I wasted $80 on this crap.

WTF am I doing wrong?

Edit: I reinstalled the game, rebound all my keys and such, works fine now. ._.

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

Are you in the ptu?

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

You bought into an (as yet) unfinished game.
Growing pains, I guess. ;)

One of the many reasons I haven't even though Freelancer is my all time favorite game.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Are you in the ptu?

Arena commander free flight option

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

Arena commander free flight option

well, 1.3 is kinda buggy, and 2.0 even more so. Right now SC is just kinda broken. Save your judgement untill the official realese of the pu (eventually) and once all the bugs have been sorted out.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

Dammit, I wrote a whole story here and the site went offline.

I will come back to this.

Never mind, got it back :D ->

What do you mean exactly by mouse lag/delay? Does the ship respond slow to your actions or can't you move the reticle?

About the ps4 controller, I'm not too sure if that works. I know a 360 one does, so there can't be too much difference, right?

Also, keep in mind: most issues can be solved by completely deleting the USER folder in the SC folder on your drive. Maybe give that a try.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

What do you mean exactly by mouse lag/delay? Does the ship respond slow to your actions or can't you move the reticle?

About the ps4 controller, I'm not too sure if that works. I know a 360 one does, so there can't be too much difference, right?

Also, keep in mind: most issues can be solved by completely deleting the USER folder in the SC folder on your drive. Maybe give that a try.

This. 

Me: Computer Engineer. Geek. Nerd.

[Educational] Computer Architecture: Computer Memory Hierarchy

[Educational] Computer Architecture:  What is SSE/AVX? (SIMD)

The mouse turning/aiming hud circle lags. Like just plane old lags behind where I actually moved my mouse.

It will not even pick up my controller without DS4 running, which auto-binds every ps4 controller button to whatever the xbox 360 equivalent is. Although some of the rebinding actually works such as rebinding the camera view location to the right thumbstick's middle click, but others like roll on the right stick does nothing. This roll bind was originally free look, which I cleared the bind for (no more free look) and nothing, no roll.

Thank God deleting that USER folder restores all controls etc. Still broken game tho :(

The mouse turning/aiming hud circle lags. Like just plane old lags behind where I actually moved my mouse.

It will not even pick up my controller without DS4 running, which auto-binds every ps4 controller button to whatever the xbox 360 equivalent is. Although some of the rebinding actually works such as rebinding the camera view location to the right thumbstick's middle click, but others like roll on the right stick does nothing. This roll bind was originally free look, which I cleared the bind for (no more free look) and nothing, no roll.

Thank God deleting that USER folder restores all controls etc. Still broken game tho :(

So, you're using a third-party tool to get the PS4 controller working with SC, when SC doesn't natively support the PS4 controller, but somehow it's the game's fault when it doesn't work correctly?

I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to (could you upload a video?). It sounds like input lag to me. I've tried 1.3 with a Xbox 360 controller, HOTAS and MKB and it all works fine.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

The Ship lagging behind is actually a feature. If you had gimbals on your weapons they would shoot in the direction of the circle. The 325a doesn't have them by default. (see the manual for reference: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/1c1bbpmb3uat3r/source/AC-Manual-1-1a-V11.pdf )

As far as game lags go, patch 1.3 is pretty broken right now. There is a fix posted on the RSI forum that gets rid of most of it to a certain degree but it will still crash and lag

Regarding your controller I'm just going to blame you for using an non xInput device  :P I never had any problems remapping buttons on KB, mouse, controller or joystick. Keep in mind that most inputs on the controller are double mapped with he left trigger as shift button so it may even be a simple user error (we've all had that)

Lastly Star Citizen is still alpha so don't expect it to work. We hardcore fans are used to all the crashes and annoyances and are willing to deal with them. Most stuff can be sorted out by deleting the user folder. sometimes more extreme measures are needed like redownload the whole game or even reinstalling Windows just to make it more stable.

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

Try this:

Go to your SC/Public folder (C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Public is the default location)

Make a new file called User.cfg

Add the following to it:

con_restricted = 0i_mouse_accel = 0.0i_mouse_accel_max = 0.0i_Mouse_Smooth = 0.0cl_sensitivity = 10
Set the sens however you see fit.

Save as file type: All files

Disables mouse acceleration, acceleration rate and smoothing. May help a bit.

So, you're using a third-party tool to get the PS4 controller working with SC, when SC doesn't natively support the PS4 controller, but somehow it's the game's fault when it doesn't work correctly?

I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to (could you upload a video?). It sounds like input lag to me. I've tried 1.3 with a Xbox 360 controller, HOTAS and MKB and it all works fine.

Well I have a Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 as well, but the left stick is dying and always drifts to the left. Hence the PS4 controller upgrade.

Have you played Elite Dangerous? The way you fly with the mouse in that game to smooth, but I still prefer a controller.

The Ship lagging behind is actually a feature. If you had gimbals on your weapons they would shoot in the direction of the circle. The 325a doesn't have them by default. (see the manual for reference: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/1c1bbpmb3uat3r/source/AC-Manual-1-1a-V11.pdf )

As far as game lags go, patch 1.3 is pretty broken right now. There is a fix posted on the RSI forum that gets rid of most of it to a certain degree but it will still crash and lag

Regarding your controller I'm just going to blame you for using an non xInput device  :P I never had any problems remapping buttons on KB, mouse, controller or joystick. Keep in mind that most inputs on the controller are double mapped with he left trigger as shift button so it may even be a simple user error (we've all had that)

Lastly Star Citizen is still alpha so don't expect it to work. We hardcore fans are used to all the crashes and annoyances and are willing to deal with them. Most stuff can be sorted out by deleting the user folder. sometimes more extreme measures are needed like redownload the whole game or even reinstalling Windows just to make it more stable.

Somehow I set the main center gun to also follow the side mounted weapons instead of always facing straight. I want to keep it like that but can't figure out how I did that...

I think I will have to clear every binding out and rebind my controller how I want... I think those double bindings are messing me up. Should only take a few hours of trial and error :(

Try this:

Go to your SC/Public folder (C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Public is the default location)

Make a new file called User.cfg

Add the following to it:

con_restricted = 0i_mouse_accel = 0.0i_mouse_accel_max = 0.0i_Mouse_Smooth = 0.0cl_sensitivity = 10
Set the sens however you see fit.

Save as file type: All files

Disables mouse acceleration, acceleration rate and smoothing. May help a bit.

I honestly think this did something, but not enough. The mouse movement is way smoother and real time in Elite Dangerous... Not dogging on this game or anything, but I just want to have some fun.

The standard combination to lock gimballed weapons is CTRL+G. I would recommend doing this with the 325a, yes.

Also, ALT+M will dis- or enable relative mode, which really helps me controlling my ship. It was a feature added in 1.3, but I have it always disabled as I can't fly with it on.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

A Xbox 360 controller works natively and has had support since release.

I use a PS3 controller and that works with 3rd party support so the DS4 controller is not surprising.

Software link: http://emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/SCP_Driver_Package

As for ELITE it has a modern plane style control and BF4 cheats when it comes to jet controls. SC is going for a realistic flight model.

The standard combination to lock gimballed weapons is CTRL+G. I would recommend doing this with the 325a, yes.

Also, ALT+M will dis- or enable relative mode, which really helps me controlling my ship. It was a feature added in 1.3, but I have it always disabled as I can't fly with it on.

Yes! Thankyou. 

A Xbox 360 controller works natively and has had support since release.

I use a PS3 controller and that works with 3rd party support so the DS4 controller is not surprising.

Software link: http://emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/SCP_Driver_Package

As for ELITE it has a modern plane style control and BF4 cheats when it comes to jet controls. SC is going for a realistic flight model.

I think the double binds are screwing up how I want my ps4 controller to function. I think I will also try my logitech controller as well. It will take sometime clearing and rebinding everything how I like... but first, I need to fix my WD Blue 1TB. Ran a disk cleanup and now access is denied. Disk management shows the data and things are still there. Going to try to unplug it and plug it back in if chkdsk /r doesn't fix it when I get home from school. Never had any problems or errors before, just wanted to clean up files on the drive. No way my year old WB Blue died.

Yes! Thankyou.

I think the double binds are screwing up how I want my ps4 controller to function. I think I will also try my logitech controller as well. It will take sometime clearing and rebinding everything how I like... but first, I need to fix my WD Blue 1TB. Ran a disk cleanup and now access is denied. Disk management shows the data and things are still there. Going to try to unplug it and plug it back in if chkdsk /r doesn't fix it when I get home from school. Never had any problems or errors before, just wanted to clean up files on the drive. No way my year old WB Blue died.

Try the software as it trick the PC into thinking your playing with an Xbox controller

Stick with it and any issues give us a shout I'm sure we can help.

We are all going through the aches and pains but 1.3 is the worst build yet because they merged everything together, but the 2.0 PTU that you can't get into yet seems promising.

Try the software as it trick the PC into thinking your playing with an Xbox controller

Stick with it and any issues give us a shout I'm sure we can help.

We are all going through the aches and pains but 1.3 is the worst build yet because they merged everything together, but the 2.0 PTU that you can't get into yet seems promising.

These double binds are screwing me up somehow. I have even cleared EVERY SINGLE binding on the controller in SC settings and rebound only a few controls like thrusters and movement. I can only use thrusters and pitch... I have to hold the left trigger in and then I can roll and yaw and strafe, but left trigger is bound to slow down thrusters, so WTF!?!?!? There are no double binds when I go into settings?!?!

All the default controls on the keyboard work fine.

Its not a broken game.. its an unfinished game. Were you not aware of that before you pledged?

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

Its not a broken game.. its an unfinished game. Were you not aware of that before you pledged?

I'm not saying I was unaffected by the massive hype train, but I at least expected to be able to fly around with a controller AS SHOWN OFF IN EVERY VIDEO WHERE THE CEO PLAYS! Seriously, he uses a wired 360 controller and it works fine.

I'd like to point out he crashes alot using that controller

He is quite bad at playing his own game, I do agree.

I'm not saying I was unaffected by the massive hype train, but I at least expected to be able to fly around with a controller AS SHOWN OFF IN EVERY VIDEO WHERE THE CEO PLAYS! Seriously, he uses a wired 360 controller and it works fine.

As I said I've used a PS3 controller fine and he uses an Xbox controller and the link above supports a DS4 controller IIRC

if you want support for any others you will have to rebind because manufacturers number the buttons differently

He is quite bad at playing his own game, I do agree.

If I recall, he was given a personalized Star Citizen black mamba stick (equivalent of the thrustmaster warthog stick) by the people who make it. So he has improved a bit.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Thank you @Wauthar @Hawx @Napper198 @Stuntz @rentaspoon for all of your help! 

I reinstalled the game, rebound everything, and it all works now. TO THE PTU BROTHERS!