Nvidia Sheild Portable

Captain Pancan

I just recently built my first gaming pc and was wondering if the Nvidia sheild portable was still a worthy buy.  Although, Nvidia has stop selling them on their website there are units for sale on eBay.

If you want it, sure.

My guess is they're working on a new version. I would wait on the purchase.

also. house fires.

█ 

Weren't they a fire hazard or something like that?  Also, do you have an Nvidia GPU?  I don't believe they work with AMD or Intel GPUs is why I ask.

that was the tablet (non-k1)

:)

Weren't they a fire hazard or something like that?

also. house fires.

The hell?

"NVIDIA has announced a recall of its SHIELD tablets, sold between July 2014 and July 2015. NVIDIA has determined the battery in these tablets can overheat and pose a fire hazard." - SOURCE

should be fine

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Weren't they a fire hazard or something like that?  Also, do you have an Nvidia GPU?  I don't believe they work with AMD or Intel GPUs is why I ask.

Yes, I do

Oh, I thought the shield was just a tablet.

This is why Nvidia is fucking retarded.

The first Shield was the Shield Portable (wasn't called the Portable until the tablet came out) which was essentially an Xbox controller with an LCD attached to it.

When they launched the tablet, the CEO introduced it as "Shield", again. No specifics. Then when they announced the android TV one, they again, announced it as "Shield". And again, no specifics.

Dumb people.

There's the portable, the tablet and the android TV box. They absolutely suck at marketing these three things which aren't that hard to give names to.

"NVIDIA has announced a recall of its SHIELD tablets, sold between July 2014 and July 2015. NVIDIA has determined the battery in these tablets can overheat and pose a fire hazard." - SOURCE

should be fine

The tablets yes not the portable