Photo
* * * * * 17 votes

Intel PAX Prime Maingear System GIVEAWAY!

intel giveaway pax prime

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
774 replies to this topic

#1 LinusTech

LinusTech

Mr. Tech Tips

• Administrator
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:18 PM

THIS CONTEST IS CLOSED

INTRODUCTION

Holy crap it's that time again! PAX Prime is coming and Intel's gearing up for the show by sponsoring us to be at the show and also... apparently giving away TWO gaming systems. One of them is a Potenza gaming desktop from Maingear and the other is a Valkyrie gaming notebook from iBuyPowerI do have a bit of bad news, however. Because this is a PAX Prime promotional giveaway, eligibility is limited to Canadians (sorry Quebec, not you guys) and residents of the 50 US states.

IibxRoe.jpg

With that out of the way... HUGE thanks to Intel for making this giveaway possible. I'm especially thrilled that out of the two systems that are being given away for PAX Prime one of them is being given to us for LTT forum members only! How cool is that!!??

PLEASE TAKE SOME TIME TO READ THE SPONSOR MESSAGES BELOW!

SPONSOR MESSAGES

r0ZMDmE.png

1. Enter to win an iBuyPower Valkyrie gaming notebook by simply tweeting WHY you want a new gaming system with hashtag #IntelGaming. The full rules and regulations are here.

2. Click here to check out the current Intel Gaming Promo!! Intel is giving away a ton of CPUs, SSDs, and NUCs. All you have to do is buy a qualifying product and submit your proof of purchase for a chance to win, or check out the official rules and follow the instructions to enter without buying anything! 

3. If you haven't checked it out already, we're also promoting the Intel VIP Tech Zone smartphone app available for Android and iOS! Through the app you can get news, special promotions, and exclusive giveaways.

MAINGEAR POTENZA SYSTEM GIVEAWAYS RULES & REGULATIONS 

8yYrULZ.png

The Potenza that's being given away has a massive 16GB of RAM with a Core i7 4770K processor, which will make it a great choice for both gaming and content creation. It also has a GeForce GTX 660 graphics card, and it's all packed into a gorgeous modified Silverstone Fortress series mITX case. Absolutely awesome. Here are the full details:

MSRP: $1599

Specs of system: 

• Intel Core i7 4770k Processor

• 16 GB DDR3 1600 MHz memory

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 with 2 GB graphics memory

• 1 TB HDD 7200 RPM + 30 GB SSD for caching

• 8x speed (Read/Write) for DVD+/-R & DVD+RW, 6x speed for DVD

Full Rules & Regulations

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO

This giveaway is only available for Linus Tech Tips forum members, and as usual you can either get ONE entry to win, or you can get more!!

1x entry - Post something in this thread. Maybe tell us what you look for in the ultimate gaming system. We will be tabulating entries based on the posts in this thread. Double posting will DISQUALIFY you. If you decide after you've posted to share to social networks EDIT your existing post rather than creating another one.

1x bonus entry - Include a link in your post of you sharing the giveaway on your personal Facebook

1x bonus entry - Include a link in your post of you sharing the giveaway on your personal Twitter

1x bonus entry - Include a link in your post of you sharing a link to this giveaway announcement thread in some other community (forums, social networks, super-active community websites other than linustechtips.com like Digg... etc). We aren't trying to spam so make sure you are sharing with people who you genuinely think will care about it!

You can get a maximum of 4 entries by including links in your post to the two eligible sharing places. Here is an example of what an optimal maximum entry (4) post would look like:

1. Thanks for the cool contest, Linus. Intel rocks for making this happen. I always choose a beefy graphics card for my 

2. Facebook share from (Name Goes Here): (insert verifiable link here)

3. Twitter share with Twitter handle @Example: (insert verifiable link here)

4. Community Site share with nickname (nickname goes here): (insert verifiable link here)

The contest closes September 6th and the winner will be contacted after we've had a chance to tabulate the entries. Good luck everyone! Thanks for participating, and a big thanks again to our sponsor, Intel!

• rlcastro, James_AJ, shady-elite and 27 others like this

Login or Create an Account to get rid of this ad! Login or Create an Account to get rid of this ad!

#2 MrJakePrince

MrJakePrince

• 51 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:19 PM

POPULAR

Really hate that these things are always US or Canada only, rest of the world just gets screwed over because of 'shipping costs'.

• Frodo, DJ46, allthatremains94 and 48 others like this

Intel i5 3570K | Msi GTX 660 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | AsRock Z77 Extreme 6 | Sharkoon T28 

Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 | Rocaat Pyra | Steelseries 7H | Corsair SP2500

#3 prolemur

prolemur

Zaboomafoo

• 1,777 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:20 PM

Awesome!

I look for the most performance per cubic meter and silence in my gaming computers

• James_AJ likes this

#4 Uncharted218

Uncharted218

Advanced Member

• 106 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:21 PM

1. I look for a high end graphics card from a gaming computer

CPU: i5 3570K; Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V; RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB); GPU: MSI R7850 Twin Frozr; Case: Thermaltake Commander MS-I Snow Edition; Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue (500GB); PSU: Thermaltake Modular PSU 750 Watts

#5 Lamb

Lamb

Mary had a little Lamb

• 621 posts
  • LocationCanada, Eh?

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:21 PM

I look for good prices and a good graphics card. (Thank you for the giveaway! :))

CPU: i5-4670K   CPU Cooler: Corsair H110   Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VI Gene   Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   Storage: Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM

GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB   Case: Corsair Obsidian 350D   PSU: Corsair CX600M   Mouse: SteelSeries Sensei   Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red

My Build Log

#6 Str_Mape

Str_Mape

Resident Geo Dude

• 903 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:23 PM

Really hate that these things are always US or Canada only, rest of the world just gets screwed over because of 'shipping costs'.

This is the first main one that is US or Canadian exclusive, Linus does a good job of making global giveaways.

• Oyster_ and sharif like this

"Well, it's like my grandma used to say, if at first you don't succeed..." "Try a larger thermonuclear reaction?" "Her words exactly"
"Where are you going?" "I am Leaving you are about to explode."
"Men don't faint, we take unintended decisive naps."

#7 Kayn

Kayn

Topwargamer's Personal Assistant

• 2,390 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:26 PM

Such an awesome giveaway!

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2Tb  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

And Schnitzel

#8 ericlee30

ericlee30

The Man Behind The Sleeving

• 4,048 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Im in :) thanks you guys. Good luck to everyone that enters

#9 MrJakePrince

MrJakePrince

• 51 posts

This is the first main one that is US or Canadian exclusive, Linus does a good job of making global giveaways.

I wasn't referring to just Linus nearly every YouTube related giveaway I see these days screws over the rest of the world, it's like everyone in North America forgets that they wouldn't have a first world country right now if Europeans hadn't colonised it. The only International giveaways I ever see are from English Youtubers especially the ones who don't actually make much money from Youtube so if they can be bothered to pay for a shipping charge it pisses me off that Linus, Youtube, Newegg, NCIX etc can't be fucked.

Edit. Oh and the Intel gaming promo that Linus is promoting in his post is also NA only so it isn't just this giveaway.

• that_one_kid, evilHamsterzZz and sharif like this

Intel i5 3570K | Msi GTX 660 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | AsRock Z77 Extreme 6 | Sharkoon T28 

Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 | Rocaat Pyra | Steelseries 7H | Corsair SP2500

#10 Dog Knight

Dog Knight

Advanced Member

• 193 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

Sweeet!

Insomnia!

/)*3*(\

Taking down airplanes with gameboys

#11 FloRolf

FloRolf

Awesome Member

• 3,556 posts
  • LocationSomewhere far away in space and time...

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:28 PM

F*** you guys and your continent! :(
  • bchampion96, everything count to life and yuh25 like this

My Rig: i7 2600k @stock - H100 - Gigabyte Z68XP UD4 - Asus GTX780 DcuII - 8gb Vengeance 1866mhz - AX750 - 250gb 840 EVO - 1TB WD Caviar Green - HAF932 - Benq XL2411T - Qpad MK-85 Brown - Logitech MX518 - Logitech G930
Reviews: GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS
Folding all the Proteins!

#12 bchampion96

bchampion96

Sound Engineer

• 1,619 posts
  • LocationKent (UK)

User's Awards

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:30 PM

It's seriously not cool to exclude the rest of the world, especially seeing as a there are so many nationalities on LTT, but sometimes it's not up to Linus.

• Vitalius, GoldSrc, yuh25 and 2 others like this
Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

#13 Jozi

Jozi

The Joker

• 1,116 posts
  • LocationFinland

User's Awards

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:31 PM

No love for EU :/

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

#14 mrconan

mrconan

Advanced Member

• 142 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:33 PM

would be cool :o

| 3570k @ 4.5 | swiftech h220 ordered after patent issues | EVGA 660ti SC 3gb | 8gb gskill ripjaws | Asus p8z77-v lx | Corsair Ax 750 | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair C70 white | CM quickfire rapid mx browns | G500 | 

#15 brownninja97

brownninja97

Zalmanosaurus

• 9,890 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:34 PM

So once again **** the europeans, hell yeah

my pc specs

Editing Rig

Add me on steam or origin, its still brownninja97, if you wanna play a game then im down, as long as im not watching anime

#16 TheSLSAMG

TheSLSAMG

Jeremy Clarkson + SVV@G

• 8,051 posts
  • LocationInside a Corsair C70

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:34 PM

What I look for in the ultimate gaming system is power and reliability.

Project Mil-Spec (Finished) -- Project O (Upcoming) -- Project Midnight (Upcoming)

#17 DavePC

DavePC

• 271 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada.

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:35 PM

Hope  I win :D

My PC: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/yypTpg

Former IRS Member, May Class.

Member of LTT Forums since January 3rd, 2013.

#18 L.E.D

L.E.D

A Little More Then Master

• 1,659 posts
  • LocationOntario Canada

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:37 PM

I am making one post ! I can't find the other stuff... oh well lol

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff.

Code Of ConductF.A.Q |http://linustechtips...ps-team-223518/

#19 Raboo

Raboo

LTT's Fish

• 1,500 posts
  • LocationAt my desk

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:38 PM

Not an entry btw. i'm in the UK

Rig CPU Intel i5 [email protected] - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX R7870 Double D -

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228

#20 brat137

brat137

• 342 posts
  • LocationUK, Swansea/Swindon

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:39 PM

I wasn't referring to just Linus nearly every YouTube related giveaway I see these days screws over the rest of the world, it's like everyone in North America forgets that they wouldn't have a first world country right now if Europeans hadn't colonised it. The only International giveaways I ever see are from English Youtubers especially the ones who don't actually make much money from Youtube so if they can be bothered to pay for a shipping charge it pisses me off that Linus, Youtube, Newegg, NCIX etc can't be fucked.

Edit. Oh and the Intel gaming promo that Linus is promoting in his post is also NA only so it isn't just this giveaway.

Well they could always do what some places do and say its a Global giveaway but entrants are responsible for shipping costs....... That wouldn't be good now would it because you may win a gaming notebook but for the cost of shipping and import taxes and duties you may as well just upgrade what you have already. Its something for free. You are not losing anything by not being able to win a giveaway and hell they don't even have to do a giveaway so by complaining you aren't making a good name for yourself.

Not an entry btw. I'm in the UK.

• storthode, fracking4oil and Kuzma like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: intel, giveaway, pax, prime