BLOCKS - The first modular smartwatch

TheDane

If you guys have not heard of blocks yet, it sure is time for you to.

BLOCKS is the first modular smartwatch and is now live on kickstarter with only 5 hours left, and if you want to know more about BLOCKS go check out their kickstarter.

BLOCKS feature:

1.34 " AMOLED display with 360x360 full round display

400 mAh battery

Voice control

Haptic feedback

BLE and WiFi connectivity

and all the other features you could imagine by building your own module or buying the once BLOCKS will be realising.

And if you would like to support the project you will be able to get a free module if you also write your name and kickstarter email into the form in the following link: http://blcks.co/dqzr795600s

Hope you will all take part in the modular revolution :)

Interesting but I wouldn't trust those contacts to last very long.

I still don't see the point in a smart watch, even less in a modular one.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Weren't they meant to come out with a phone as well? what happened to that.

In the beginning they were planning on making a modular smartphone like the Project Ara but has since switched to making the first modular smartwatch instead, although they could later go back to the idea of making a phone as well.

I would just have a shit ton of kinetic chargers and never have to plug it in.

I would do the same thing man xD, one of the module i will be looking forward for :)

Since BLOCKS will be releasing a SIM module and camera module you could replace your phone with this smartwatch, and since this is the case it will in a way just be a wearable Project Ara that will be able to be upgraded both modular wise and core wise :)

Since BLOCKS will be releasing a SIM module and camera module you could replace your phone with this smartwatch, and since this is the case it will in a way just be a wearable Project Ara that will be able to be upgraded both modular wise and core wise :)

I highly doubt the camera will be any good. Also it sounds like this may be a quite bulky watch.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

I'm still waiting for Pebble Time smartstraps.... 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1. Think I'll stick to my normal watch

8KK4O.jpg

2. They still haven't delivered on their modular smartphones... Either this is one hell of a scam group or they're just taking their sweet ass time. Frankly, I wouldn't even consider giving them a penny that I just found on the floor.

8KK4O.jpg

2. They still haven't delivered on their modular smartphones... Either this is one hell of a scam group or they're just taking their sweet ass time. Frankly, I wouldn't even consider giving them a penny that I just found on the floor.

Since they did not actually announce that they would release a modular phone, but only work on one you can't really blame them for doing this instead since google is way ahead regarding the modular phone.

I am sure this is in no way a scam because of the many updates and frequent feedback from them. Also they have been interviewed in person by Forbes and others.

I'm still waiting for Pebble Time smartstraps.... 

The modules for BLOCKS are smaller then what i have seen the Pebble Time smartstraps to be and should in no way be bulky since every module will have the same size :)

The modules for BLOCKS are smaller then what i have seen the Pebble Time smartstraps to be and should in no way be bulky since every module will have the same size :)

Is there even a single smartstrap in production? 

And from the images, they look decently bulky (I mean, the whole watch looks bulky).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Since its open source there soon will be a smartstrap probably, i will at least be trying to make a leather strap with built in battery (flexiable of cause) for when you dont want the modules and just extra power.

Same, I'm still waiting for a modular phone to be released..

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

8KK4O.jpg

i dont think this company is related to phonebloks.

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

A modular smartphone would be amazing but it seems like it has hit a stop, and there is really not any news on that front

but why, smart watches already barley do anything and cant replace phones 

unless its using android wear, not really worth it. Although, to be fair android wear was no where near as good a year ago as it is now... it was pretty clunky back then. It really does come down to the software to determine just how smart a smartwatch is. if it can't interact fully with your phone (make and receive calls, show emails, texts, alerts, music player, take voice commands etc) and also interact with other bluetooth devices connected to your phone, its not really smart in my opinion. I seriously go nuts without my Gwatch on, i don't know how I coped in the past without a smartwatch.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR