Intel Core i5 6400 review and benchamarks

YT2002

So here is a video that I made of the i5 6400. The summary of this CPU is that it's a good value as it's next to the old 4460 in price, and performs well, not to mention I got this running on my Hyper 612 v2 without a fan. It runs aat 2.7 Ghz and has a boost of 3.2Ghz. It has 4 cores/ 4 threads with 6MB of L3 cachel, 65W TDP and it goes on the LGA 1151 socket.

Edited by Godlygamer23

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

Thanks! I was considering this puppy for an upcoming ITX build. :)

Locked. We do not allow users to advertise their own YouTube channel in any way.

4.2 Advertising
Any sort of advertisement on Linus Tech Tips that has little or no relation to Linus Media Group, or is not affiliated with Linus Media Group in any way will be considered spam and removed from the boards. This also pertains to signatures and/or profile information.

This includes but is not limited to doing a giveaway on the forums while linking/referring to outside accounts(YouTube, Facebook, etc.) in any way shape or form.

In addition to advertising, you may not sell any item via the forums other then through the Classifieds section nor advertise links to third party personal sale sites (eBay, Kijiji, etc.) where you might be selling your item. 

Links in the Hot Deals section to items being sold directly by the manufacturer or distributor, such as Razor, Dell, Amazon, Best Buy, etc., are allowed, but only in this section.

Unfortunately no fundraisers or charities - Some may be okay, please contact member 'Slick' through a personal message if you have questions

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch