Black Ops 3 Vs. Other Cod's

Is black ops 3 worth getting for an old gen console (ps3) or should I just get an older cod or an entirely different game. BTW, black ops 3 is going to be discounted to $30 for old gen on black friday.

Things to consider:

Amount of people online

How long would it last (How long till people start to get next gen and throw old gen out)

Is it worth $30 (or should I just get a different game, such as Battlefield 4)

Is the multiplayer fun

Thanks!

No, stick with older games. BO3 was not meant to run on last gen consoles. And the servers are bound to go to shit. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

No, stick with older games. BO3 was not meant to run on last gen consoles. And the servers are bound to go to shit. 

what older games?

what older games?

Black Ops and below for a good experience, Black Ops 2 does not run that great on PS3/360 and lacks support for PS3 3D. (If that matters)

Yeah no, don't get BO3 for the PS3. Keep playing 2 or 1, or whichever CoD you like best.

Black Ops and below for a good experience, Black Ops 2 does not run that great on PS3/360 and lacks support for PS3 3D. (If that matters)

ohh I forgot to include that when you buy black ops 3 during the black friday deal you get black ops 1 included so is it a good deal to get both bo3 and bo1 for $30

scroll through this ad and you will find it   http://www.walmart.com/store/5429/weekly-ads?flyer_run_id=82108&page=2&flyer_type_name=ad

Yeah no, don't get BO3 for the PS3. Keep playing 2 or 1, or whichever CoD you like best.

this black friday deal comes with both bo3 and bo1 for $30, should I get it ?

ohh I forgot to include that when you buy black ops 3 during the black friday deal you get black ops 1 included so is it a good deal to get both bo3 and bo1 for $30

scroll through this ad and you will find it   http://www.walmart.com/store/5429/weekly-ads?flyer_run_id=82108&page=2&flyer_type_name=ad

I guess that is a good fallback if BO3 does not look that nice. (Which I have heard it looks terrible on PS3)

this black friday deal comes with both bo3 and bo1 for $30, should I get it ?

Up to you. I just highly recommend against BO3 for the PS3 is all.

BO2 is fine for the 360 and PS3.

BO2 was originally released on those consoles...

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

BO2 is fine for the 360 and PS3.

BO2 was originally released on those consoles...

The singleplayer was fine FPS wise, but I had many issues on a 360 in Zombies and Multiplayer. Zombies with more than 1 person would sit at 20FPS. 

Also, the 360 destroyed my disk after 1 year, so that was the end of it. 

The singleplayer was fine FPS wise, but I had many issues on a 360 in Zombies and Multiplayer. Zombies with more than 1 person would sit at 20FPS. 

PS3 has better hardware then the 360

Id go out on a limb here and say youre the minority.

If the 360 killed your game disc, then you were also likely a factor in it, and Ive never experienced frame dips like that, nor have friends that I played with at the time :/ And not to call you out or anything, but it kinda just sounds like stuff someone makes up to make the consoles sound worse and worse.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I guess that is a good fallback if BO3 does not look that nice. (Which I have heard it looks terrible on PS3)

If the 360 destroyed your disk then I think it the console's problem and I've heard that activation tried to make bo3 run from 30FPS-60Fps

why would activision make a game that would look terrible on old gen?

Id go out on a limb here and say youre the minority.

If the 360 killed your game disc, then you were also likely a factor in it, and Ive never experienced frame dips like that, nor have friends that I played with at the time :/ And not to call you out or anything, but it kinda just sounds like stuff someone makes up to make the consoles sound worse and worse.

I had also played it at my friends house before buying it and I just remember how terrible it ran when we played with 2 people. (With 4 players bringing the game to a halt sometimes)

We have the 360 Slim and I had no idea that it would murder disks until my friend shouted at me when I was turning it over for ventilation. (Our PS3 and PS4 can be shaken without a disk issue)

I am referring to issues with the game when I had a non destroyed disk.  

As for calling me a console hater, some of my favorite games are on PS3 (Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, Ratchet and Clank a Crack in Time, Journey, motorstorm and LittleBigPlanet), and the main reason for me switching to a PC was that I am absolutely terrible with a controller. I will hate on the poor design choices microsoft has made with the disk drive on the 360 slim though. 

If the 360 destroyed your disk then I think it the console's problem and I've heard that activation tried to make bo3 run from 30FPS-60Fps

why would activision make a game that would look terrible on old gen?

They would focus on the textures and game for next-gen, and then just turn everything down for last-gen. Making it all look terrible. 

I had also played it at my friends house before buying it and I just remember how terrible it ran when we played with 2 people. (With 4 players bringing the game to a halt sometimes)

We have the 360 Slim and I had no idea that it would murder disks until my friend shouted at me when I was turning it over for ventilation. (Our PS3 and PS4 can be shaken without a disk issue)

I am referring to issues with the game when I had a non destroyed disk.  

As for calling me a console hater, some of my favorite games are on PS3 (Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, Ratchet and Clank a Crack in Time, Journey, motorstorm and LittleBigPlanet), and the main reason for me switching to a PC was that I am absolutely terrible with a controller. I will hate on the poor design choices microsoft has made with the disk drive on the 360 slim though. 

I only have one controller so I'll be mostly playing multiplayer, did you have and issues with the multiplayer?

Everything after Cod4 was poopy anyway  <_<

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

They would focus on the textures and game for next-gen, and then just turn everything down for last-gen. Making it all look terrible. 

by terrible do you mean worse then older cods?

Next gen is the only way to go, but if you want join the pc master race (like me) and leave all the dirty console peasants behind!

Its when dragons have so much sex that the cpu cant handle it

Everything after Cod4 was poopy anyway  <_<

well nobody plays games that old, you are lucky to find 2 people online

by terrible do you mean worse then older cods?

Possibly yes. 

well nobody plays games that old, you are lucky to find 2 people online

I know and that makes me very sad :'(

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

Next gen is the only way to go, but if you want join the pc master race (like me) and leave all the dirty console peasants behind!

both options are too expensive I bought my ps3 last year because I didn't know much about video games and didn't know that games would be shitty on ps3 + all my friends had last gen, and as for the pc you would need at least $700 to build a pc that would last for a year or two.

both options are too expensive I bought my ps3 last year because I didn't know much about video games and didn't know that games would be shitty on ps3 + all my friends had last gen, and as for the pc you would need at least $700 to build a pc that would last for a year or two.

$550 (w/o OS) will get you something that would last 3+ years if you can deal with medium settings with no AA in the future.