Starting off, it is a notebook from ASUS, the s300ca with standard Realtek audio and Win 8. It worked perfectly fine before through audio jack, and it still does on speakers.
The problem arises when I plug anything into the audio jack (I've tried diffrent headsets and earbuds).
Since audio stopped working I have done two things:
- I've plugged in a monitor through HDMI, and used it's speakers through HDMI Audio (not the jack)
- I've installed Fedora on a seperate partition.
- Reinstalling drivers (twice)
- Rebooting (four times at least)
- Uninstalling Fedora (which DID NOT WORK. I need an MBR fix for that -.-) <- this might still be a possibility.
I will try after posting this:
- Listining through HDMI, to see whether that works
- Checking whether the Audio jack works in Fedora.
Other errors on the notebook:
- Right edge swipe does not work with touch, but it does with mouse
- Windows update does not want to download updates, even with Internet Explorer turned on. (it is possible to turn IE off, but not uninstall it)
If you need any additional details, just ask for them.
P.S.: I also just moved out of Canada, so there is no going to a relaiable retailer/repair shop. I'm in a 2nd tier country, and do not know anyone trust worthy that could repair ASUS notebooks.
Update 11:16 2013/08/22:
- HDMI audio works fine
- I have just checked on Fedora, and the audio jack works fine. There is only a problem in Win8.
- In other words: it is not a hardware issue.