Should I get the Xbox One?

PorkyChoUk

Hey all,

Basically last christmas I bought the Xbox 360 and stupidly I did not think about it at all as not many games now support the xbox 360 eg fallout or whatever (games which are more for next gen consoles than older gen consoles like the 360) so right now I'm pretty annoyed due to some games like AC: sydicate and ect.

So should I get the xbox one like this christmas and sell the 360 or should I sell the 360 and save up for some next next gen console? Xbox two or whatever it's going to be called.

Insert "HERESY" here

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

unless you are going for exclusives just build a pc

EXACTLY!

Because he had a hard drive.

Hey all,

Basically last christmas I bought the Xbox 360 and stupidly I did not think about it at all as not many games now support the xbox 360 eg fallout or whatever (games which are more for next gen consoles than older gen consoles like the 360) so right now I'm pretty annoyed due to some games like AC: sydicate and ect.

So should I get the xbox one like this christmas and sell the 360 or should I sell the 360 and save up for some next next gen console? Xbox two or whatever it's going to be called.

Just sell the 360 and put the money towards a PC. Or the PC that you already have!

Hey all,

unless you are going for exclusives just build a pc

This^. I'm looking at getting an Xbone only because I want to be able to play the new Halo Games. (I haven't played since Reach)

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Hey all,

Those console killer pc's are the same price, offer better performance and can be the same size if you do a mini itx build

[CPU] i5-650 [GPU] MSI GTX 750 OC [RAM] Generic 6GB [MOBO] MS-7613 [HDD] WD Blue 1TB [PSU] Silverstone Strider Essential 500W [Next build Q1 2016 http://de.pcpartpicker.com/user/Presmo/saved/ ]

Please follow your own topics.

This^. I'm looking at getting an Xbone only because I want to be able to play the new Halo Games. (I haven't played since Reach)

My advice - get a Lenovo Y50/MSI G62/Any other gaming notebook.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Buy based on your game library. I don't know how much you can get from selling the 360 at this point. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Never understood why people would want to put forward that much money just to play a couple of games. Surely they're exactly the same as the last games, just with slightly upgraded graphics?

But whatever...

Also, the XBone Two won't be out for another few years, cuz it's a console.

I can and have built a console killer for less than half of what the consoles originally cost.

omfg no one listens to you at all, I already own a bloody pc. :/

If your after exclusives on Xbox, it kinda makes your choice for you.

To be fair... you should have put "I have a PC" in your original post.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Hey all,

pc?

If your after the halo crap then yeah buy a xbox one.. But paying that much plus online for one game seems rather silly when you could put that money towards a awesome console killing pc

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

Just get a xbone, the xbox two is a few years away

[CPU] i5-650 [GPU] MSI GTX 750 OC [RAM] Generic 6GB [MOBO] MS-7613 [HDD] WD Blue 1TB [PSU] Silverstone Strider Essential 500W [Next build Q1 2016 http://de.pcpartpicker.com/user/Presmo/saved/ ]

Please follow your own topics.

Yeah, it's a dinky little pentium-based Satellite laptop. You own a bloody PC, but you could easily put the money you save by not buying a console and a couple of expensive-ass games towards building a competent gaming PC and several awesome games. Fuck exclusives, man, they're always the same derivative crap.

A console-destroying PC only need cost around the equivalent of $250-300. I know this because I've built one. If that's outside your price bracket then you can forget the consoles altogether.

Besides, the console era is going to end over the next while. PCs are getting more powerful every several months and the consoles raise their performance brackets by insignificant amounts every five to seven years. They're dead, Jim.

s

"Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another" Ernest Hemingway

I won't be super unhelpful and say get a PC...

I'd say go for it, as a entertainment  machine it's rather hard to beat, the OS is getting better and the games keep coming. 

It may not be a PC, but it doesn't matter if the only thing you want to play is Halo. 

My advice - get a Lenovo Y50/MSI G62/Any other gaming notebook.

:huh:  You obviously did not read what I wrote. I'm going to get an Xbone so that I can play the Halo games. You can't play the new Halo games on PC...

I already have a desktop computer that can outperform almost any gaming notebook out there.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Dude he is asking about an Xbox if he wanted to build another PC he can... Some people don't do ALL their gaming on PC...

at least someone understands what im asking for. :D

s

"Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another" Ernest Hemingway

I essentially use my Xbox One for Destiny (which is fucking amazing and bungie were fools to abandon the PC port) and Black Ops 3. The reason being: I have a large group of friends that have consoles but no PCs, they don't want to invest into building our buying a gaming PC because they're happy with the games they play. And if someone is happy playing console games, who are we to say they wasted their money? I would much rather go out and spend $300-$400 on a console so I could play games with those friends, then ask them to spend $500-$700 on a powerful gaming computer and try and play catch-up with a steam library made up of only budget games during Steam's summer sale.

If you want an Xbox, go for it. But honestly, just rent Halo 5, out borrow it from a friend. It was pretty sloppy.

Cinders: - i7 4790K (4.5GHz) - Gigabyte Z97X-SOC - 16GB Klevv DDR3 1600MHz - EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX2.0+ (1548MHz Boost) - EVGA Supernova 850GS - NZXT H440 Orange/Black (Modified) -
Unnamed System: i5 4690K (4.2GHz) - MSI Z97I-AC - 8GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz - EVGA GTX 950 SSC - Raidmax Thunder V2 535W - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

hi all i am a new player on the xbone and i am looking for people to play with.

feel free to add me my gamertag is warboy970

;)