Windows Update not possible, always errors

Hi guys!  :D

This is my first post, so thanks for any ideas and for being nice ;)

About 6 years or so, I bought a new Tower PC. It came with W7 pre-installed and a recovery disc plus product key. At first, it worked pretty normal. Everything was ok, until some day, bluescreens started to occur more and more frequently. Along with the bluescreens, there was a strange phenomenon, perfectly described here: http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/286373-taskbar-turned-white-wifi-unable-detect-wifi.html (except in my case, this behavior usually took the PC about a minute until it set back into the normal mode where WIFI worked great).

I decided to reinstall W7 about 3 times to this point (without formatting my computer or anything).

About half a year ago, i decided to upgrade my PC with new hardware. I checked all the parts if they were compatible etc., and according to various sources, they should work just fine. Anyway, after installing every part and deciding to reinstall W7 once again on the NEW HDD (so there could be no viruses), i hoped for the problem to be solved. But it wasn't.

I tried to install the witcher 3 on it, but the installer said it'd take about 1400 hours. Not possible since my CD drive should work perfectly fine since it's new.

Another bluescreen occured. I tried to install all the windows updates when I realised that there were 250 uninstalled updates. I started downloading them, installing them via reboot, when my PC started installing directly with the 96th update and got stuck for about 15 hours, then i decided to force him down. I rebooted, tried the download again, realised that there now was a totally different number of updates available (about 111 i think), did the same thing, the same thing happened, i rebooted, checked for updates again, now there was about 300. Only this time, I didn't even bother klicking "download" out of pure frustration. However, the next time i shut the PC down, the update screen showed up and it started some random installing. Of course it got stuck once again. Force shut again.

I wanted to install the updates to download my W10 in the hope of the problem disappearing, maybe even have the problem disappear with the updates themself.

I've already tried the official "FIX IT 50485" and searched tons of forums for this. Nothing helped.

A noteworthy Error that occured was "0x9007000d". Everything on the internet about this error was not helping at all.

I added a photo of a bluescreen (maybe there's something helpful) and one of my windows updater (with lots and lots of the same updates, which looks strange to me...)

I now ended up with my PC waiting to be fixed in a corner, me depressed AF and using the monitor for my PS2 i got laying around. 

PLESE HELP ME! I want my baby to work again! :(

Thanks for EVERY help!

post-286204-0-34077900-1447764149_thumb.

post-286204-0-03912400-1447764160_thumb.

I would download the windows media creation tool and upgrade to windows 10.

You will keep all programs, and all files.

or you could put your 7 usb/dvd in and try a repair, or a repair install.

or you could put your 7 usb/dvd in and try a repair, or a repair install.

I'll try the media creation tool when i'm at home. thanks. the repair and repair install did not work so far. already tried it...

Backup everything and re install windows fixed all software issues 99% of the time

tried this several times, works great for about an hour and then the problems start all over again.

any other ideas? from anyone?

Hardware issue causing it maybe? I had a client of our company have his new computer just crashing randomly and it was because of a set of HP speakers that was causing it to crash

Hardware issue causing it maybe? I had a client of our company have his new computer just crashing randomly and it was because of a set of HP speakers that was causing it to crash

well that'd be crap. but how could one find out what hardware's causig the problems? just unplugging them one at a time?

thanks so far

well that'd be crap. but how could one find out what hardware's causig the problems? just unplugging them one at a time?

thanks so far

Thats what i had to do one his computer. Wish you luck!

tried this several times, works great for about an hour and then the problems start all over again.

any other ideas? from anyone?

Memory management normally points to RAM.

Are your ram settings correct? Go to 1333Mhz @ Timings specified by the manufacturer. So if the ram says 2133Mhz @ 9-10-9-30 2T 1.5V then you should use 1333Mhz @ 9-10-9-30 2T 1.5V.

This will take all the strain off the IMC and RAM and at least eliminate it from the equation.

If all works well then you slowly up the speed, from 1333 to 1600, 1600 to 1866 and so on until another BSOD.

Once you've reached your limit then we take it from there and make the best of what you've got.

That's if this works of course.

It's not a race to the bottom.

The joys of the Windows Operating System

It's not your fault OP, it's just that Windows is a piece of shit.

Just fresh install Windows 10 and it should work for a couple of months before it breaks again for some obscure reason.

Just fresh install Windows 10 and it should work for a couple of months before it breaks again for some obscure reason.

Okay, I dedicated the whole evening to this method (first using the media creation tool, later a bootable ISO DVD) but it just wouldn't work.

With the media creation tool, everything worked just fine first. I was so happy. But when it had to restart, my long known problem f***ed me just once again: when shutting down, it won't shut down, but start installing "update 48 out of 67". and yes, it'd start right there, not from "update 1 out of 67". The number 67 changes with every shut down by the way. If it was just installing updates, everything would be fine, I could just let it install, then shut down, reboot and the W10 upgrade would continue its stuff. But it wont shut down. It gets stuck from the first update it wants to install. And as I mentioned earlier, I did not even give the command to check or download any updates in the first place.

So I got stuck, need to force down my computer since it wouldn't turn off in any other way. After doing this, I reboot and the good ol' black screen came up (because of the force shut down ofc) and I chose to start windows normally. of course the W10 upgrade process felt betrayed that I wanted to start it normally. So an error message came up saying that it couldn't install W10 correctly because of an error while booting.

I tried the media creation tool once again, but this time it said that W10 could not be installed as it has told me earlier because of said error. Well fuck.

This is when I tried the Boot DVD version. So I got to the Microsoft website, downloaded the right ISO, burned a DVD, put it in the computer, force shut it down (I have to, remember?) reboot it, get into the bios, select DVD as boot priority #1, boot from the DVD, blackscreen appaers with a blinking cursor in the top left for about 5 seconds, then it changes to the usual blackscreen "would you like to star windows in safe mode or normally?". well fuck. let's start normal. then it "configures several updates" for about 2 minutes and finally comes back into my old, hated W7 where we started off.

So boot DVD doesn't work either. And I'm 100% positive that the DVD is perfectly fine and burnt the right way.

Any other ideas or ways to go on from here?

thanks!!

Memory management normally points to RAM.

Are your ram settings correct? Go to 1333Mhz @ Timings specified by the manufacturer. So if the ram says 2133Mhz @ 9-10-9-30 2T 1.5V then you should use 1333Mhz @ 9-10-9-30 2T 1.5V.

This will take all the strain off the IMC and RAM and at least eliminate it from the equation.

If all works well then you slowly up the speed, from 1333 to 1600, 1600 to 1866 and so on until another BSOD.

Once you've reached your limit then we take it from there and make the best of what you've got.

That's if this works of course.

Since I'm not too familiar with these methods, could you help me where to find these settings? I don't want to destroy another part of my PC  :D

Thanks so far tho!

Since I'm not too familiar with these methods, could you help me where to find these settings? I don't want to destroy another part of my PC  :D

Thanks so far tho!

I hope this will help.

So like him set the timings, the volts then start from 1333Mhz and work your way up.

Im down on the fresh windows install!

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

I hope this will help.

So like him set the timings, the volts then start from 1333Mhz and work your way up.

thanks i'll try this at home and text if anything worked. anyway, this couldn't potentially solve the windows update problem, right?

My ram caused this error. I ran memtest and discovered I had bad ram. Twice. After the second RMA I had good ram.

it caused what problem? the inconsiitency in running or my windows update problem?

thanks very much!

it caused what problem? the inconsiitency in running or my windows update problem?

thanks very much!

I had faulty ram. It caused bsods, corrupted files, random hangs and crashes, ect. Worth running memtest overnight as it doesn't cost anything and ram generally has a lifetime warranty

I had faulty ram. It caused bsods, corrupted files, random hangs and crashes, ect. Worth running memtest overnight as it doesn't cost anything and ram generally has a lifetime warranty

running it right now and oh boy, my ram's fucked up. at 1.5% of the test of 4 gb and already at 60 errors. now i just have to find out which of the 4gb it is and replace it. hope this'll fix some things at least. still not totally convinced that this'll solve my windows update problem. but hey, thanks anyway! something faulty is detected.

thanks i'll try this at home and text if anything worked. anyway, this couldn't potentially solve the windows update problem, right?

RAM can cause the weirdest and most difficult problems to solve as one problem can be shown in many different ways, and be completely different from the last one.

I personally have had bad ram that would not allow the computer to boot or shit down randomly. However it could run for days, even a week without a single issue.

As you're updating the OS while shutting down the ram will be used a lot. It will be pulling files from the hard drive and replacing them constantly. So there are plenty of opportunity's for the ram to cause an issue.

As someone else has said, run memtest however the results are not so easy to read. It may say it has errors however it could be because of user error.

Wrong speeds and timings can have as many problems show as broken ram.

RAM can cause the weirdest and most difficult problems to solve as one problem can be shown in many different ways, and be completely different from the last one.

I personally have had bad ram that would not allow the computer to boot or shit down randomly. However it could run for days, even a week without a single issue.

As you're updating the OS while shutting down the ram will be used a lot. It will be pulling files from the hard drive and replacing them constantly. So there are plenty of opportunity's for the ram to cause an issue.

As someone else has said, run memtest however the results are not so easy to read. It may say it has errors however it could be because of user error.

Wrong speeds and timings can have as many problems show as broken ram.

guys, thank you very much so far. I changed all the hardware except for the disc drive, the PSU and the RAM thinking that everything should work just fine, but no, it was the RAM. :'D

well at least so far. I had 4x 2GB and one of them was faulty AF. took it out, currently running on 6GB and waiting for the other to return from KINGSTON. set the RAM to its according settings in the BIOS (thanks 0x1e!) and now it is booting up fairly properly (except for a CHDSK on C: at every boot, right after the windows logo? what did i do wrong there? appeared first while testing the RAMs, while the faulty one was inserted on its own, now on every boot up). I am currently even able to check for windows updates, was NOT able to do this for a long time before, even with several different FIX IT programs, now it works. so the updates are installing, I hope that this gives me the possibilities to maybe even upgrade to windows 10 and if not, that's no problem. I'll keep ya updated.

woohoo! relief. gosh am I happy right now :D

guys, thank you very much so far. I changed all the hardware except for the disc drive, the PSU and the RAM thinking that everything should work just fine, but no, it was the RAM. :'D

well at least so far. I had 4x 2GB and one of them was faulty AF. took it out, currently running on 6GB and waiting for the other to return from KINGSTON. set the RAM to its according settings in the BIOS (thanks 0x1e!) and now it is booting up fairly properly (except for a CHDSK on C: at every boot, right after the windows logo? what did i do wrong there? appeared first while testing the RAMs, while the faulty one was inserted on its own, now on every boot up). I am currently even able to check for windows updates, was NOT able to do this for a long time before, even with several different FIX IT programs, now it works. so the updates are installing, I hope that this gives me the possibilities to maybe even upgrade to windows 10 and if not, that's no problem. I'll keep ya updated.

woohoo! relief. gosh am I happy right now :D

The chdsk errors are probably from all of the random crashes leaving garbagedata on the hard drive. Let them run their course (wouldnt hurt to check the health of your storage with CrystalDiskInfo though) and it should repair itself. I had literally the same issues, and the more frustrating part? My new ram still crashed all the time, so I assumed it was other things, until I ran a memtest weeks later and discovered I had been sent a second faulty set! Glad to see you are getting it working though, bad RAM certainly does cause all sorts of weird problems :P

Now it is booting up fairly properly (except for a CHDSK on C: at every boot, right after the windows logo? what did i do wrong there? appeared first while testing the RAMs, while the faulty one was inserted on its own, now on every boot up).

I agree with @iamdarkyoshi let the checkdisk do its thing. After the many failed updates there is likely to be at least a few corrupt files that needs to be repaired.