Chrome Ops 3: Ram Eater

SImoHayha

If you didn't know that title its a play of both Chrome and Snake Eater so yea.

Here is my review of Black ops III.

In order to make this nice and clean I shall split up my review into six sections. Previous thoughts ,Gameplay, Technical/Graphics, Positives, Negatives, Conclusion

==Previous Review ( Beta review of Black Ops 3 )==

In my last review I said the game was a broken mess when it came to hardware wise. The bloody game eats Vram and RAM like a hamster that stuffs his cheeks full of food. I hoped that they fixed this issue by then however i'll talk about that later. Gameplay wise it was very satisfying, you get to bounce around, do crazy stuff like throw a basketball into a digital hoop circle thing, basically it was Titanfall but better way better.

Titanfall failed as a game because it didn't offer a whole lot except " LOOK ROBOTS GUYS, LOOK AT ME PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE WE HAVE ROBOTS PURCHASE ME PLEASE MEEEEEEEE!!" Which it did grab the attention of players, however after time went on the hype finally died down and people came to realize that it was a very crummy game. Besides the titans and wall running/jumping mechanics it had nothing else to offer, it was a poor man's call of duty with some futuristic jetpacks ( Ironically Advanced Warfare stole that lel) It really didn't offer anything special or unique to the player, except well for some Maps, which were A-Okay in my book very spacious and forced you to use your abilities to the fullest.

Anywho I was actually quite amazed how each character played, sure you will probably only like two or three characters in BO3, however each of them brought something that made each character unique forcing you to play around how their abilities work or their weapons for that matter as well.

also the issues of massive framerate drops and stuttering  were also something very negative in the Beta and many people hoped to fix this however .... lets say that didn't exactly happen now.

== Gameplay==

Well lets say gameplay is well nice, its very fast paced or slow paced depending on how you play. Their are new weapons in classes now, not to mention some weapons in the default loadout's are now changed. Uhh dedicated servers are nice that's for sure in well Multiplayer and Zombies not in Co-Op.

In the story the usage of abilities are welcomed and even damn well done actually,  not to mention the level up system that transfers to the multiplayer.

You see when you play the story you get some cool abilities, they are separated by a couple of general well groups, one is for offensive play, defensive play and well i'll just say mischievous play ( for this one like hacking and stuff ). Now your only allow to have on group of abilities until you reach level 30. 

Now the leveling system works in both ways for Single player and Multiplayer, kill the bad guys and pick up treasure in single player,  kill people in multiplayer, and you level up and this level carries over to Multiplayer, so if you need to level up for some weapons just play Single Player and tada! You get better weapons and equipment, I like this system because it gives more of a greater purpose than the story being well the story, it allows players to play and learn how each ability works and what weakness each one has and etc.Plus leveling up without playing online sounds pretty cool, am not sure if you can reach the highest level allowed in BO3 using the single player method but am pretty sure one can.

Now their is also a mode call " Freerunning " these little levels have courses for you to get used to your new abilities of becoming almost like spider man, each course has something new to throw you off your toes and keep you on your toes as well, as you'll start trying out new ways of climbing or ways of extending a jump in order to break a new record and stuff.

yea its fun, the game is fun :3.

==Technical/Graphics==

Ok now we're onto the graphics and technical side of things now.

First things first in the graphics department, well there's at best a few 10 to 12 ish settings that you can change, like texture quality, textures, ambient lighting, FOV, Rendering Resolution and etc.  I mean I can't really vouch for the difference between Graphic settings because of it being so bad of a VRAm eater, its basically just not letting me go to higher settings other than low for me sadly, however I can say from tons of screenshots that with higher quality textures and other things, it seems to pop out the graphics and sharper imagery.

Ont he Technical side of things. Apparently Treyarch somewhat broke their game engine and simply didn't know how to code or do whatever they did in Black Ops II. In Black Ops II on my PC, I can run it on high to medium settings and not get any type of framerate drops or stuttering, however since they modified their code again, clearly they don goofed on something because this game eats a shit ton of RAM. Like it eats my entire 8GB of RAM  we are talking about in the 6.8-7.5 GB of RAM and before you say " Oh looky here 8GB isn't the norm anymore " well let me tell ya I can play Crisis 3 on high to medium settings and MAX at MAX only 5.6 or even 5.3 RAM if am not using anything, and that is graphical intense game. Same thing with GTA V, It never uses more than 5.6 GB's max of Ram I have never seen such a game like Black Ops III eat ram like bloody Chrome.

When I start Black Ops III i can see it on the Task Manager the RAM just shooting up like it's aiming for the stars, let me tell you this game will not and ever in any COD game unless they game some good badass engine which I highly doubt because they'll keep trying to keep this Frankenstein of a modified game engine alive compared to trying to use another game engine like the Fox Engine or even the Unreal engine.

==Positives==

I must say I really do like what they have done to character customization, you can now fully customize a soldier to your liking, including clothes which you unlock during the Campaign kinda like Ghosts, however you can now also customize your gun they way you want and not to mention the 64 layers in a emblem so you can create as many things as you can.

The guns feel somewhat balanced, although most of them are clearly copies of previous guns in previous years of COD. There isn't just one gun that manages to plow through everyone, each gun has it's own specific weakness and strength. The various modes that are included in the game especially in the Multiplayer, are quite fun, such as Uplink where you take this ball and throw it or dunk it into a hole in the sky, it calls for some seriously funny moments. I also like how each character has two abilities that are unique to them the character, kinda like Glitch, who is a real tech savy man who is good with machines, so he's got two abilities one is that he hacks the simulation ( AKA the multiplayer ) and has a rail gun that fire electricity and fries and daisy chains at nearby enemies, like the simple things like that is what makes me appreciate the characters you select in multiplayer.

I guess the story in general and in multiplayer, we know that sometimes we can't always believe what we see, or what we hear or even what we speak for that matter, because who knows? It could all simply be a dream or could it ?

== Negatives ==

Multiple character usage, now I get i, you want to play as the chick with the arrow, thats fine and dandy and all, but if your entire team consists of this chick then what's the point ? I really wish that the game would force you to try and choose other characters and learn all of their strengths and weaknesses, instead we always see people sticking with the same character until they prestige and what not, which isn't bad by all means but I wish there was some mix ups, so every player gets to know how each character wields.

of course VRAM and RAM hogging is a big one, hopefully they'll fix this issue because its ridiculous, the only reason why 8GB of RAM should be maxed out is using it to edit a very long movie, simulations, Emulators ( Like Windows emulators ) or even making digital designs. It's causing me to barely even play the game to it's full potential because the game just stutters like a mad man, and constantly freezing every couple of minutes or framedropping to the low 20's or 10's for a few minutes before a cutscene or gameplay caches up.

Lack of dedicated servers for Co-op. My one gripe is that Co-op is unplayable, like totally, with the problems mentioned above along with connecting to a host who is the only one that has good internet, its going to be a rough time trying to play, because A: everything will Lag or B : Stuttering and deal with framedrops or C: Dealing with both at the same time then the host migration starts and now you are booted out because it determined that no one had good internet to deal with in the first place. And am talking about pings in the 200! not in my ping goes above 30 or 60 in MP.which is still somewhat high but lower than most people who are play online.

==Conclusion==

So is Black Ops III ready to be purchased for PC ? Well yes and no, no until the graphics and stuff get fixed, and yes because how satisfying the gameplay will be and how you'll feel at the end of the story,  and or friends begging you to play with them that too.

I saw maybe wait until a steam sell happens or find a key somewhere else and purchase off that gray key sight.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Where's my mention?

I've had none of the technical problems others have had. Except a dip in FPS since last update.

BUT

I just reset all my stuff to default and then back to what I wanted and tada!

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Where's my mention?

I've had none of the technical problems others have had. Except a dip in FPS since last update.

BUT

Well apparentally that doesn't help with FX CPU users sadly, I keep getting massive dips and stuff constantly its hard to move around in this game.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Well apparentally that doesn't help with FX CPU users sadly, I keep getting massive dips and stuff constantly its hard to move around in this game.

Me and my cousin both own FX chips, his being identicle to yours, except his is running stock speeds, and we do not experience any fps dips at all. However he owns a 280x which may allow the game to run at a framerate where fps dips are not noticed. ( he is lazy and wont enable fps counter so i can see if he is getting any dips :L)

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

16GB Master Race.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Where's my mention?

BUT

Do you ever play any of the other COD's? If so, which ones?

I like Cod 4 / mw2 / BO2 / AW

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Where's my mention?

BUT

Yes it ate your rams, you need at least 16 gib of ram

DESKTOP PC :

CPU :RYZEN 5 2600/ GPU :MSI Ventus OC GTX 1660 Ti/ RAM :Team Elite 2x8/ PSU :Corsair CX650M/ HDD :Toshiba 2TB/ SSD :Adata XPG M.2 SATA 265GB/ COOLER :Be Quite 2x140mm / MOBO :Asus TUF B450 Gaming

LAPTOP :

CPU :i7-4710HQ/ GPU :GTX 860M/ RAM :8GB OEM/ HDD :1 TB 

PERIPHERALS :

MOUSE :LOGITECH G502/ HEADSET :HyperX Cloud Alpha/ KEYBOARD :Logitech G Pro 

POSSIBLE PC BUILD :

PC PART LINK

And here I am playing it fine on 8GB of Memory. (Limited fps to 60fps from 90-100fps) due to input lag consistency bugs with hugely variable fps ranges.

I actually considered buying memory this week if it ran like shit, but its doing okay for now.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Do you ever play any of the other COD's? If so, which ones?

I like Cod 4 / mw2 / BO2 / AW

I've played every CoD since BO1.

Also played a bit of CoD 4, but not nearly as much as the others.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Yes it ate your rams, you need at least 16 gib of ram

I only use like 6GB total when playing.

TBH I've never had most of the problems other people have had.

I've played every CoD since BO1.

Also played a bit of CoD 4, but not nearly as much as the others.

if u ever want to play hit me up if i'm not busy i will play mw2/cod4/bo2

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

if u ever want to play hit me up if i'm not busy i will play mw2/cod4/bo2

Never played MW2, Cod4 was on X360 as was every CoD I've played up to AW. AW as the first I bought on PC.