Need Ideas for an FPGA Project!

Benjio

So I am in a Digital System Design class and for my final project I need to come up with a project to do utilizing my FPGA board (Nexys 4 Artix-7) using Verilog code. I can purchase additional electronics such as motors, temperature sensors, microphones, etc. There is a VGA output on the board so I could do something like a simple video game, or something with a more practical use.

Any suggestions are appreciated!  :)

So I am in a Digital System Design class and for my final project I need to come up with a project to do utilizing my FPGA board (Nexys 4 Artix-7) using Verilog code. I can purchase additional electronics such as motors, temperature sensors, microphones, etc. There is a VGA output on the board so I could do something like a simple video game, or something with a more practical use.

How hard should project be? How about noise cancellation ( you only need 2 microphones and algorithm)? 

How hard should project be? How about noise cancellation ( you only need 2 microphones and algorithm)? 

Not terribly hard, but not something too easy either... I was thinking maybe a headphone amplifier with volume control and stuff (not sure how hard that would be) or a fan controller to control 5 PWM fans or so (I think I might go with this if I don't find something better).

Yeah that's kind of what I was thinking, probably on a smaller scale though, haha. Thanks for the suggestion!

Glad I could help :) Good luck with project!

Depending on the difficulty of the project you're doing. You could always look at some computational intelligence stuff  ;). Evolving the verilog code to solve a problem would be awesome.

Post process ray tracer. Simple ray tracers are relatively easy to build in software although without a DVI output you may find the DAC conversion for VGA is a major effort in itself.

Well we let run Pacman form an FPGA. Was a pritty funny project.

But your FPGA has way to less ressources to do this.

post-216771-0-39066300-1447927562_thumb.

post-216771-0-67702300-1447927565_thumb.

post-216771-0-19339400-1447927569_thumb.

But some game in a scaled down version migth be possible.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

As per my experience you can develop your video game using the FPGA.

Can you please tell me which FPGA board you are going to use?

Also what are the other details for your setup and the Game content?

How you are planning to develop Firmware for this?

bittele