Chiclet keyboard for Pc. Is it actualy bad?

ciprian97pop

So, I have a very old "normal keyboard" and I want to replace it.

I found a nice Chiclet keyboard which is also iluminated

Serioux LK9500L

img209515_17012012163757_0.jpg

For some more money, I could buy a "gaming" keyboard for about the same price, which is also iluminated

Segotep GK1000

Tastatura%20Segotep%20Gaming%20GK1000%20

Now comes the hard part. I will game. Fps, racing games, rts, almost any type and  I know that the second one would probably be better but I like the first one more.

So, what should I choose, and, are chiclet keyboards that bad?

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

How much are they? 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

i would suggest buying a mechanical keyboard from Monoprice. its roughly $50. unless you're willing to pay more for a real gaming grade mechanical backlit keyboard which will cost you about $80

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

How much are they? 

They're very cheap. about 15$ each

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

i would suggest buying a mechanical keyboard from Monoprice. its roughly $50. unless you're willing to pay more for a real gaming grade mechanical backlit keyboard which will cost you about $80

In my country  the ceapest mechanical keyboard would cost over 100$ and looking at my sig I could invest those money somewhere else

It's all preference. Not all keys are for everyone. Use one you like. I loved Chiclet at one point--not anymore though. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

In my country  the ceapest mechanical keyboard would cost over 100$ and looking at my sig I could invest those money somewhere else

That's a fair price. Have to remember a Cherry switch costs about $1, over 100 per keyboard. Then there is the rest of the keyboard to manufacture, cable, sometimes software. A mech keyboard will last for ever if taken care of though. But a $15 keyboard every year vs. a $100 board every several years is something to think about.

But yea. Understandable you want to upgrade the rig first. 

That's a fair price. Have to remember a Cherry switch costs about $1, over 100 per keyboard. Then there is the rest of the keyboard to manufacture, cable, sometimes software. A mech keyboard will last for ever if taken care of though. But a $15 keyboard every year vs. a $100 board every several years is something to think about.

I understand that It would be better to buy a mechanical keyboard but I don't have the money

So, between these two, which one would you choose? Because I can't say that I hate any of these two. I just say that I like the first one a litle more

I understand that It would be better to buy a mechanical keyboard but I don't have the money

So, between these two, which one would you choose? Because I can't say that I hate any of these two. I just say that I like the first one a litle more

Between the two; the Serioux. Has media keys.

If I needed a cheap keyboard.. I'd see if I could find a friend or family member that has one in their closet and give them a dollar to take it off their hands.

Well i'll be honest, I have done that before.. ^

I'm still using mine "Logitech UltraX media keyboard" from 2006 i guess. It was like 15$ too. It had experienced some beer, some orange juice, lots of food and smashing, but it still works fine. Had some sticking keys and broken membrane, but lil bit of tin foil and time fixed it :)

i would test it...i know a lot of people who only type on their notebook and don't like the feel of a normal keyboard. It always comes down to what you like! There is no real right answer...yes mechanical keyboards will work forever, but not everyone likes them...

You might want to look at cherry keyboards. they make cheap ones at around ~25$ and they are still better than most other cheap keyboards

I would personally go for a mechanical, but if you prefer chiclet it's not bad, it's just your preference.

I didn't meant to say that I prefer the chiclet keyboard. I wanted to say that I like it's design

I really don`t like the chiclet keyboard on my laptop. I upgraded to a K70 (Red switches). I would recommend trying to get a mechanical keyboard.

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

All up to personal preference - chances are, if you 'like' membrane, you will love mechanical switches.

I for one hate chiclet keys, the lack of solid tactile feedback (Even just bottoming out keys is good) make it a horrible typing experience for me.

My friend is using chiclet keyboard. My opinion, they easily bottom out and good for faster response typing if your hands fly around the keys. I would never go for a product that says "gaming". There are pros and cons on each other. If membrane rubber tears, you can easily replace them by using your old keyboard rubber done to replace them. For chiclet, faster response and I'm not sure how a chiclet wears off. 

It all comes down to your personal choice, I like chiclet style keyboards over regular ones, but nothing beats a mechanical keyboard.

PS: straight answer would be chiclet keyboards are not bad at all, I also own a Razer Deathstalker (non ultimate one) which has chiclet keys, they are amazing to type on. Go for it.

No they are not bad.

Chiclet is my preferred key's.

I use a Logitech K360, love it, one of the best cheap chiclets you can get in my opinion.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B