How to "Fix" Sony MW600 Bluetooth Headset´s broken clip

I´ve had this Bluetooth headset for like 4 years and its been a wonder, and i mean it, the sound is good, not superb but is NOT bad, the microphone is real good. The range on this is splendid too, i can be 10-12 meters away from my cellphone and this will not struggle a little to keep the music/call going. I would say the most difficult thing on this is the volume control which has touch control, but you get used and learn how to control it with ease UBER quick.

But oh Sony you COULDN´T make it perfect do you? The ONLY thing pissed me off, and not only me but hundreds of people is the weakness of the clip of the gadget, my god, that thing is more delicate and weak than a 3 year old girl. Mine broke like 2 years ago, and ive been using it like that, with the gadget just hanging from my left ear bud making my ear hurt sometimes.

I really really dont want to buy another bluetooth headset because apart from this issue, the headset is like brand new! The battery has not degraded the slightest! (Not that i could tell) So looking around the interwebs i found that a spare replacement of the clip is on the market, but it costs 6 dollars plus shipping, there is no way im paying that much for 2 grams of plastic, so i figured out how to solve it myself, and here is what i came with, a cheap(if not free) way to solve the problem.

Here is the headset with the Piece of Shit it has for clip:
6lQUwMH.jpg

And here is what i´ll be using to solve the problem, its a simple metal hook from a curtain i removed some months ago and i had laying around

XtiBmwk.jpg

As you can see, the hook is slim enough to get trough not one but both of the holes where the clip is secured on the gadget itself.

YWwO59s.jpg

I just had to bend it in a horizontal to vertical position, for it to hold the headset and then hooking to where it will be hanging

pnP2e1m.jpg

With a pliers i bent it a little more and un-did the metal curves leaving it flat, that way it wont be uncomfortable to the touch.

JOAXKs1.jpg

AuEeD54.jpg

And thats it, i have a (fully) working headset again. without the worries of that paper-made clip.
I just wanted to share this from the experience i had, it is a really good device and hope it will someday help someone

P.S. Anyone knows how to rezise this photos? They are a little too big, thanks!

CPU AMD FX-6350 @ 4.5Ghz 1.284v Motherboard ASUS M5A97 R2.0 Memory 4x2GB ADATA XPG Gaming v2.0 1600Mhz CPU Cooler Corsair H100i

GPU MSI 270x HAWK Edition Display HP w1907 Storage 1x Samsung 850 EVO 128Gb SSD 1x 400GB Hitachi HDD Case Corsair 450D PSU Corsair CX750M Semi-modular

Keyboard Logitech G105 Blue LED Version Mouse Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse v2.0 Audio 2x Logitech x230 for a Quad-Channel speaker setup OS Windows 8.1

• 2 weeks later...

OP

P.S. Anyone knows how to rezise this photos? They are a little too big, thanks!

You could do it like this.

(Windows required)

Open MSPaint >
Press CTRL+W  and set it a size you want.

And press OK.