Run two different GPUs in one PC?

Dazz

I think you need to download a program for that, but then it's easily doable. :)

I'll have to look into this. Re starting and will give it a go running my second monitor off my integrated chip. I do love testing shit :lol:

If anyone asks you never saw me.

You can. Although it may have driver issues if you mix AMD/Nvidia cards. But don't expect them to work together. It will NOT boost gaming performance (unless the game is in DirectX 12, but really you are adding a 620, so it will be probably be <5fps increase at best).

The Multi-Adapter is on a game-per-game basis. It's not necessarily universal.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I googled it, asked the exact same question on this forum when I got a free monitor. So don't know what to tell you, everyone a month ago said you couldn't. Riddle me this and I'll enable my integrated again and give it a go.

If you use two GPU's to run two separate monitors, can you have two different wallpapers?

You can have two different wallpapers anyways....

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

You can have two different wallpapers anyways....

Excellent use of periods to convey emotion, horrible use of experience. If you know of a way to do so, I'd appreciate the advise.

Oh my gosh people >.<

Yes, you can. Yes, you should. Don't get an adapter if you already have the GPU. Just plug it in, potentially install the drivers, and have fun! Do keep in mind, that you do have to plug your main monitor (according to Windows/whatever) into your 290X, so it will use that GPU for most or all things.

Why do I know? Well, I've tried it first hand, I have now been running my Nvidia *whatever* 7300LE for quite a while, together with my GTX 680, AND with my iGPU. It has always worked fine. I think I've also tried it with an AMD GPU, this also worked. (about the iGPU, bear in mind that that only works on some motherboards)

Now everyone who says it is not possible, should just either try it theirselves, or google some more. Thanks.

Just ran my second monitor off of the 4600 integrated graphics chip in my 4690K. My bios was extremely hard to navigate as the mouse kept trying to jump to the second monitor even though nothing was showing on it. Once I enabled the 4600 and got back into windows the second monitor plugged into the motherboard showed the wallpaper, but wouldn't show anything on any program opened on it. So Firefox which is set to open on the second monitor only showed a blank box. Might be able to get it working if there are driver conflicts but that's what happened when I tried it.

Just ran my second monitor off of the 4600 integrated graphics chip in my 4690K. My bios was extremely hard to navigate as the mouse kept trying to jump to the second monitor even though nothing was showing on it. Once I enabled the 4600 and got back into windows the second monitor plugged into the motherboard showed the wallpaper, but would show anything on any program opened on it. So Firefox which is set to open on the second monitor only showed a blank box. Might be able to get it working if there are driver conflicts but that's what happened when I tried it.

Really weird. :/ On my CPU and mobo it just works fine, I'm actually currently using my second monitor from my iGPU.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

Really weird. :/ On my CPU and mobo it just works fine, I'm actually currently using my second monitor from my iGPU.

Windows picked up it was on, and the catalyst center was fine with the iGPU being used. No idea what the conflict was.

Amd cards crossfire with their integrated CPUs so you can have more power than you think

I googled it, asked the exact same question on this forum when I got a free monitor. So don't know what to tell you, everyone a month ago said you couldn't. Riddle me this and I'll enable my integrated again and give it a go.

If you use two GPU's to run two separate monitors, can you have two different wallpapers?

I know that you can get some good ones if you google ones to the resolution of the monitors, they are pretty fun, if not you can stitch some together and then they will show different things on the monitors. But one of my friends has done it before, on windows 7, so I dont know about newer versions of windows.

As long as you use the second monitor for non gaming stuff no issue

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Yeah you can do that. I had a 7950 and 480 running at the same time for more or less the same reason as you and it worked fine. I just had to have one card at a time installed when I was doing drivers, but once they were all installed I could run both no problem.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Windows picked up it was on, and the catalyst center was fine with the iGPU being used. No idea what the conflict was.

Sorry to sound dumb, but I have seen a lot about iGPU on here and couldnt get a clear answer online, so please can you tell me what it is? :)

As long as you use the second monitor for non gaming stuff no issue

Yes, that is the plan, thanks!

Yes, that is the plan, thanks!

NO issue.  I do it.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

NO issue.  I do it.

So should I just slam it in and download the drivers?

Sorry to sound dumb, but I have seen a lot about iGPU on here and couldnt get a clear answer online, so please can you tell me what it is? :)

A lot of Intel and some AMD processors have a integrated graphics chip in them. Because processors find their way into non gaming computers than gaming computers. Most of us with gaming computers never use the graphics chip in our processors as we have dedicated graphics cards.

Pretty much

I'm not sure if you even need them. I don't think I've installed them for my second GPU.

What is your question? :) If it is what an iGPU is, that's the optional GPU inside your processor. It won't be as powerful as most normal GPUs, but sometimes it's still nice to have. :)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

A lot of Intel and some AMD processors have a integrated graphics chip in them. Because processors find their way into non gaming computers than gaming computers. Most of us with gaming computers never use the graphics chip in our processors as we have dedicated graphics cards.

So I don't need to worry about that (I do not have integrated)?

I'm not sure if you even need them. I don't think I've installed them for my second GPU.

What is your question? :) If it is what an iGPU is, that's the optional GPU inside your processor. It won't be as powerful as most normal GPUs, but sometimes it's still nice to have. :)

Thanks, I guess that must have been what I used on my old PC, my FX-8350 doesn't have integrated unfortunately. 

So I don't need to worry about that (I do not have integrated)?

Nope, I turn mine off. But you don't have one. Something AMD did right.

Pretty much

Thanks! I am off to go and find the full size bracket for the back of the card then (old PC was low profile). Thank you for all the help. :)

Nope, I turn mine off. But you don't have one. Something AMD did right.

That's not correct. A simple iGPU can be really useful at times. And it makes the pc able to be used without a GPU at all! This is really useful in for example a pc at work or school.

That's not correct. A simple iGPU can be really useful at times. And it makes the pc able to be used without a GPU at all! This is really useful in for example a pc at work or school.

I can see it in a 4770 which in meant for workstations, but not a 4690K that's almost purpose built for a gaming rig. If you could overclock the Xeon I would have gone with it.

Alright, I can confirm that this does work! I am using it right now. However, I am on an FX-8350, and a 970 Chipset, this means that I only have 22 PCI-e lanes, so can only get both to work at 16x, so may not keep this going. Thanks for all of the help anyway!