[Build Log] Storm Trooper - 6700K / VIII Hero / Dual GTX 970

kitsune1324

Welcome to my first build log!

The process is going to take around two months due to the wait for Black Friday and Cyber Monday

Black Friday came and it was wonderful!

Parts to be used

post-3532-0-98724500-1449642648_thumb.jp

Main Components:

Corsair 760t

Intel 6700K

Asus Maximus VIII Hero

Corsair AX850 

GSkill Trident Z 3200 32gb

OCZ Vertex 4 256gb

1Tb Western Digital Black

Asus GTX 970 Strix x2

Asus Xonar Phoebus

Asus PCE-AC68

BitFenix Spectre Pro PWM 140mm

Watercooling components:

EK M8H Monoblock

Bitspower D5 upgrade kit

Black Ice Nemesis GTX 420mm White

Black Ice Nemesis GTX 280mm White

Bitspower GTX 970 Strix full cover waterblock (x2)

Bitspower Deluxe Enhance Multi-link adapter 12mm Black (x15)

Mayhem Aurora 2 - Red

Bitspower Non-Champher Chrystal Link

Various Bitspower fittings

Aquacomputer temp sensor

Extras: 

Aqua Computer Farbwerk

Cable combs

Asus fan header breakout board

Farbwerk mounting bracket

Replacement Bitspower Z-Tube

Ditched:

NZXT Switch 810 (white and black)

Gskill Trident Z 16Gb 3200

Aqua Computer Aquaero 5

Corsair SP120 (x6)

Asus Optical drive

256Gb OCZ Vertex 4

Samsung 850 Pro 500GB (x2) in raid 0

Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Tripple

Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Double (hopefully adding a second one in the front or something similar)

Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Single

Black Ice Nemesis GTX 140mm White

Edited: 11/7/2015 12/8/2015

Edited to show part changes/pictures

Welcome to my first build log and the renovation of my Switch 810!

The process is going to take around two months due to the wait for Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

What is cyber monday and is it in canada?  (im guessing its sales on pc hardware).

And the pc looks looks to be great.  For a name, maybe "The Switch 81000".

Edited by Made In Canada

The Canadian Version Of Everything

-Made In Canada

What is cyber monday and is it in canada?  (im guessing its sales on pc hardware)

And the pc looks looks to be great.

Cyber Monday is the Black Friday of the internet.  For us Americans, it's the Monday after Thanksgiving so thats November 30.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

What is cyber monday and is it in canada?  (im guessing its sales on pc hardware)

And the pc looks looks to be great.

Cyber monday is basically the Black Friday for computer parts and tech. It happens the monday after Black Friday here in America.

Thanks! I hope it won't cost too much! 

Cyber monday is basically the Black Friday for computer parts and tech. It happens the monday after Black Friday here in America.

Thanks! I hope it won't cost too much! 

Cyber Monday is the Black Friday of the internet.  For us Americans, it's the Monday after Thanksgiving so thats November 30.

Soo could i order the cheap part from Canada?

I know about the 30 cents to dollar thing but just asking.

-Made In Canada

Soo could i order the cheap part from Canada?

I know about the 30 cents to dollar thing but just asking.

Canadian retailers should have their own Cyber Monday sales.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

Canadian retailers should have their own Cyber Monday sales.

I hope they do, that would be awesome.

Also if you dont mind me asking, which one do you think is usually cheaper?  Cyber Monday or Boxing Day?  (if you dont know or cant get a good guess, just say you dont know please).

-Made In Canada

I hope they do, that would be awesome.

Also if you dont mind me asking, which one do you think is usually cheaper?  Cyber Monday or Boxing Day?  (if you dont know or cant get a good guess, just say you dont know please).

It probably depends on the retailer.  Another thing to look at is Black Friday if it's in Canada.  It's the Friday before Cyber Monday and it also has some good online deals.

It probably depends on the retailer.  Another thing to look at is Black Friday if it's in Canada.  It's the Friday before Cyber Monday and it also has some good online deals.

I think boxing day is like black friday but its the day after december 25, but we might have black friday.

Thank You for the help.

-Made In Canada

Update:

Some new parts came in!

I purchased some wires, cable sleeving, RGB led's, led strip extensions (for the side window), and the best of all...an EK Maximus VIII Hero Monoblock!

post-3532-0-67258600-1445917230_thumb.jp

post-3532-0-26396100-1445917382_thumb.jp

post-3532-0-13136800-1445917468_thumb.jp

post-3532-0-26847000-1445917486_thumb.jp

post-3532-0-40821400-1445917499_thumb.jp

post-3532-0-36567300-1445917512_thumb.jp

It's so pretty and heavy to hold! Now that's all I need to do is make an LED mod on the block. I plan on making a couple of 5mm holes around the side of the block. 

The problem I'm facing is where the best places to drill are in order for the block to show the most light..

• 2 weeks later...

Some updates...

I got the AquaComputer Farbwerk in and man does it look great!

I'm having an issue with AquaComputer RGB LED's not matching the color wheel both on the phone app and the AquaSuite..not sure if it's bad wiring or what, but what I can say is that all the colors are intense!

I made some changes to my part list which you can see on the original post.

Last of all, I have this idea to make a PSU shield. I was originally planning on using and bending acrylic, but over the past couple of days, I've been looking into using an aluminum sheet and bending it to cover the lower 240mm radiator as well as the PSU. I will need to cut some holes so the radiator can have proper airflow. How hard would this be to make using a dremel? On top of the shield I was thinking about mounting a couple of SSD's there. I'm not totally sure how much room I will have to play with until I get the radiator in and can measure how much room I will have. Hopefully it works without a hitch!

• 4 weeks later...

So lets get started with some changes. 

I've decided to go a slightly different direction with the build and instead will continue with the hard tube watercooling but this time with a different case and components, most of which you will see updated in the original post. Mainly, I've decided to do away with the NZXT Switch 810 and instead use a Corsair 760t. I think the glass panel looks beautiful, especially when you throw in some LED lights behind it. I will be keeping my psu with the white sleeved cables, the storage devices, and the graphics cards, but that's about it. 

I've been thinking about the style and looks of the build and I have decided I will be incorporating a Storm Trooper theme throughout the build. 

Some new ideas I have been looking into is engraving the glass on the Corsair 760t with the imperial logo. All I need to do is find somewhere nearby that can do it, then adjust the side and placement of the logo.

The best news is that with the black friday sale I was actually to afford the parts I wanted to get, all that except the two 500gb SSD's. Pics of incoming parts to come!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, it’s been a few days since I posted about the status of the build. In my spare time between college life and work I have been putting everything together.

I can’t believe how pretty the graphics cards are without a cooler on them.

post-3532-0-30524200-1449802689_thumb.jp

I have been working on cable management and now on to tubing.

post-3532-0-99581500-1449802477.jpg

Here are some pics of the unfinished rgb system, I couldn’t get a great shot for some reason..I’ll have to try again later once I get the case lighting installed.

post-3532-0-47733200-1449802512.jpg

post-3532-0-44430200-1449802528.jpg

post-3532-0-52740000-1449802534.jpg

Looks amazing, lately I see a lot of people making their system in the corsair 760T.

In the mean time I decided to go for his bigger brother, the 780T. To me they both look amazing so +1 for the case

Looks amazing, lately I see a lot of people making their system in the corsair 760T.

In the mean time I decided to go for his bigger brother, the 780T. To me they both look amazing so +1 for the case

Thank you, I appreciate the feedback! I was going to go with the 780t but it didn't look like it had the radiator support like the 760t does. Beautiful case though.

I completely finished the RGB lighting! Ignore the res, I got a new one to replace it. ^^

post-3532-0-83402600-1450060943.jpg

Now all that's left is bending the acrylic and a leak test.  :D

I finally had some time after my final to bend the acrylic and complete the loop! After a couple broken pieces and broken dreams, here's what I ended up with. 

post-3532-0-16352000-1450192709.jpg

post-3532-0-39703200-1450192698.jpg

I am very happy how it turned out and will post more pics later.  :wub:

Quick question, if anybody knows. What does NCIX use on their 760t in order to get the cool slashes on the side window? (Here: http://www.ncix.com/article/NCIX-PC-Rogue-X.htm)

I want to put an imperial logo on the glass panel, but I don't want it to look tacky, I want it to look like it belongs there.

You could etch the glass. Here's a guide: http://www.instructables.com/id/how-to-etch-into-plexi-glass/

You could etch the glass. Here's a guide: http://www.instructables.com/id/how-to-etch-into-plexi-glass/

I thought about that, but I don't want to physically etch it. I'm not great with that type of thing and paying someone gets expensive.

This build is awesome!

But isn't it more like shock trooper? since there is red fluid in there?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_shock_trooper

I like that! I really like the current name, but I'm seriously going to think about renaming it. Maybe a commander or something?

Quick question, if anybody knows. What does NCIX use on their 760t in order to get the cool slashes on the side window? (Here: http://www.ncix.com/article/NCIX-PC-Rogue-X.htm)

I want to put an imperial logo on the glass panel, but I don't want it to look tacky, I want it to look like it belongs there.

could also be a form of sand blasting , very soft material in the sand blaster tho

also amazing build , looks amaing , the light in the blocks really brings it to live :) 

My Pc Specs

CPU : AMD FX-8350 @stock w/Noctua NH D-14   Mobo: Asus M5A99FX    Ram : 16gb Corsair XMS3 @1600mhz    GPU : Gigabyte GTX970 Windforce OC 4GB @1429mhz   SSD: Sandisk X110 256gb    Case: Be Quiet Silent Base 800 Windowed  PSU: EVGA 850w g2  Peripherals : Corsair K70 w/Red Switches , Logitech G502 , Samsung SyncMaster S22B300 (1920x1080) , Ttesports Shock one headset , Phone : HTC one A9