How to Make an Awesome Midplate

JordanMac

Holy crap! THAT'S AWESOME!!! *thumbs up*

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

You have an awesome midplate and exceptional skills, but your mouse sucks :)

i had to rma my m65 :) this is just a random mouse that i found in a draw.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

Duuuuuude this is great - thanks for posting!

Slick if you are going to do this , PLEASE MAKE A VIDEO SERIES I SWEAR I WILL GET ALL MY FRIENDS TO LIKE AND FAVORITE THE VIDS AND IF THEY DONT WANT TO DO THAT I WILL KILL THEM 

Interested in Business and Technology

Would you guys be willing to pay £130 + shipping for one of these midplates with your custom design on it? perhaps £100 + shipping for a smaller size? or £60 + shipping for a less complicated design? really the larger and more complicated the design the more expensive it will be but just show me your interest and i may start producing them.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

Just another design idea for you guys:

HXhVzMk.png

ZXUaKoN.jpg

I should think @Slick would like this one. :)

i'll try and release more if i get the time

A part of me wants to give you money since I'm lazy, but than I remember I have no money.

I would love to do this, but I would be able to see under the midplate in my build because big windows.

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

:o

Case = Bitfenix Prodigy, Motherboard = P8Z77 - I Deluxe, CPU = 3570k @ 4.2GHz, RAM = 2x 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws, GPU = Sapphire 7950 Boost Edition, Storage = 256GB Samsung 840 Pro.

• 5 weeks later...

Would you guys be willing to pay £130 + shipping for one of these midplates with your custom design on it? perhaps £100 + shipping for a smaller size? or £60 + shipping for a less complicated design? really the larger and more complicated the design the more expensive it will be but just show me your interest and i may start producing them.

I'd probally pay around 150ish USD,

Building a PC: check it out here http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1qvon

• 3 months later...

Remembered seeing this on the WAN show I think. I'm starting to gather the tools and materials for this, but have been wondering, did you cut the spaces for the radiator and PCI slots after having it engraved, or did you have it cut when getting the design done?

At first I thought I would have a problem with seeing the sheet with the LEDs on, but I'm planning on getting a bigger sheet for the top one and bending it so it sort of becomes a PSU cover type thing too. Might even put another design on the side so that it's not just a sheet of black plastic. 

Remembered seeing this on the WAN show I think. I'm starting to gather the tools and materials for this, but have been wondering, did you cut the spaces for the radiator and PCI slots after having it engraved, or did you have it cut when getting the design done?

At first I thought I would have a problem with seeing the sheet with the LEDs on, but I'm planning on getting a bigger sheet for the top one and bending it so it sort of becomes a PSU cover type thing too. Might even put another design on the side so that it's not just a sheet of black plastic. 

yeah i used a jigsaw to cut the radiator space out afterwards because i changed my mind on the radiator placement after cutting the midplate, if i had known it was going to be mounted on the front i would have laser cut it out.  GL and if you have any other questions drop me a pm.

• 3 weeks later...

Dude, one day im going to use this tutorial and im gonna make the coolest midplate ever :D Itll never be as good or as pretty as yours but im willing to try when i have the money :D

[CPU: 4670k] [CPU Cooler: Antec Kühler 1220] [Case: Obsidian 350D] [Mobo: Maximus VI Gene] [RAM: Vengeance Pro 8GB] [GPU: 770 DirectCU II] [PSU: CX750M

[Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 120GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB] [Screen: Dell U2312HM 23" E-IPS] [Keyboard: Steelseries Apex RAW]

Thanks for the post man :D, my PC has been fairly stock for quite some time now, and has started to look a bit bland... after reading this post, I realized how readily available the parts i needed were at my school DT classroom. 

since i had the corsair c70 army green edition, i decided to make the mid-plate the same color, and since i already had the nzxt hue, the lighting was already covered.

some pics of it done (i forgot to take pics along the way... ):

(ps sorry for the grainy pics, these were off my phone xD)

post-11673-0-75857100-1391709665_thumb.j

post-11673-0-81667700-1391709690_thumb.j

post-11673-0-97807100-1391709726_thumb.j

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

Thanks for the post man :D, my PC has been fairly stock for quite some time now, and has started to look a bit bland... after reading this post, I realized how readily available the parts i needed were at my school DT classroom. 

since i had the corsair c70 army green edition, i decided to make the mid-plate the same color, and since i already had the nzxt hue, the lighting was already covered.

swage

[CPU: 4670k] [CPU Cooler: Antec Kühler 1220] [Case: Obsidian 350D] [Mobo: Maximus VI Gene] [RAM: Vengeance Pro 8GB] [GPU: 770 DirectCU II] [PSU: CX750M

[Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 120GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB] [Screen: Dell U2312HM 23" E-IPS] [Keyboard: Steelseries Apex RAW]

Very nice!

• 3 weeks later...

If I use 10mm clear acrylic how deep does the engrave need to be?

• 6 months later...

YES I WOULD BUY ONE

I would be interested, but it would depend on price for me. 

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10