[MSI PRO MOD S3] KRAIT VENOM

ciobanulx

wP2jORK.jpg

Hi guys and welcome to my build log for a mod I will be calling KRAIT VENOM. This will be my entry in the MSI PRO MOD Season 3.

The theme will be based around the MSI Krait theme and will be all blacks and white.

I will be transforming the Thermaltake Versa H34 and show that you don't need a high end expensive case to have a good looking PC :D

Here are the main specs:

Case - Thermaltake Versa H34
Motherboard - MSI Z170A Krait Gaming
CPU - Intel i5 6600K
Memory - 2 x 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 2800Mhz DDR4 Memory
GPU - MSI GTX 960
SSD - Intel
M.2 - 256GB Samsung SM951 PCI-E M.2 SSD
PSU - Thermaltake Toughpower Gold 550W

Cables - Icemodz Fully Custom Individually Sleeved Cables

LEDs - Icemodz RGB LED Strips

Thermaltake Custom Watercooling

Radiator - Pacific RL360 White Edition
Fans - 6 X Riing 12 LED White
CPU Block - Pacific W2 CPU Water Block
Pump - Pacific P1 Black D5 Pump w/ Silent Kit
Reservoir - Pacific R22
Fittings - Pacific G1/4 PETG Tube 5/8” (16mm) OD Adapter – Black
Tubing - V-Tubler PETG Tube

Coolant - Mayhems Aurora II Silver

Here is a pic with the starting hardware, I will most likely use the AIO for the first stage of the build before doing a full custom loop.

A0yTfWM.jpg

Thanks for checking it and stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

Is this build sponsored by thermaltake? Looks like stuff mostly from thermaltake..

Also the white H440 Would look nice :)

Quote me if you want me to see your message. Like my post if it helped. Click "Show More" to see things that I use.

Desktop (2014): CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k @ 3.50GHz | GPU: MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Motherboard: MSi Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill RipJaws X 1600MHz + 2x4GB HyperX Black 1600MHz | SSD: Samsung 750 Evo 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212x | PSU: Corsair VS650 | Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus | OS: Windows 10 Home

Laptop (2017): Model: Asus UX310U

Peripherals: Monitor: Samsung S24D300 OC@75Hz + Viewsonic XG2401 (144Hz) | Mouse: Logitech G305 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 | Headset: HyperX Cloud Core | Speakers: Logitech Z333 | Additional: Logitech G29

Mobiles: Samsung Pixon (2010-2012) | Samsung Galaxy Ace (2012-2013) | Samsung Galaxy S3 (2013-2016) | Samsung Note 4 (2015)(Lost) | Samsung Galaxy S7 (2016-2019) | Samsung Galaxy S10 (2019 - Current) | Additional: ASUS Zenwatch 2 (2016)

Looks interesting

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

HYPE

Edit:Just wanted to get in first. Man that thing sounds cool.

@ciobanulx follow your own posts

Is this build sponsored by thermaltake? Looks like stuff mostly from thermaltake..

Also the white H440 Would look nice :)

Looks interesting

I just auto sub when I see your builds now...

Can't wait, I'll sub when I get on desktop site

Thanks for subbing guys! Stay tuned for more!

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

wP2jORK.jpg

Here's a look at the case and it's disassembly :D

3igblLe.jpg

gDJEqnt.jpg

uAzXyxg.jpg

F2R67Z8.jpg

6UE16aZ.jpg

zXeXbpB.jpg

ryng0c6.jpg

fbb2lkt.jpg

CAsMOPK.jpg

IaCohfx.jpg

VggeK0L.jpg

cn4wwv0.jpg

ocYPE7Z.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

wP2jORK.jpg

Hi guys!

Today I'd like to introduce you to the awesome MSI Z170A Krait Gaming motherboard and a i5 6600K Skylake CPU to go with it!

LKZklHm.jpg

WJrJqzC.jpg

boRr00s.jpg

5jNt4Iu.jpg

XGComSD.jpg

JCgGxfH.jpg

9uvfjuK.jpg

MIfkeSO.jpg

tzUd1e9.jpg

rG2TlwM.jpg

uBGdN1D.jpg

15dyRGs.jpg

HIbCI4E.jpg

qetkTMV.jpg

Cheers!

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

Looks cool :)

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Shame that Thermaltake need awesome modders like you to make there stuff look good. And shame that board doesn't have right angle sata ports. Still looks cool though.  ;)

Why did they have to ruin that mobo with the beige stripe!!! :angry: It still looks great, but it could be better MSI.

Check out my YouTube channel here and don't forget to subscribe :D

Current build: Project Athena

Looks cool :)

Cheers :D

Shame that Thermaltake need awesome modders like you to make there stuff look good. And shame that board doesn't have right angle sata ports. Still looks cool though.  ;)

Haha cheers mate :D

Dat mobo brah

:D

Why did they have to ruin that mobo with the beige stripe!!! :angry: It still looks great, but it could be better MSI.

It's meant to be white, not sure why mine is like that but I've seen others and they're white. Once in the case you can't see it though :D

SIMPLE MODZ

wP2jORK.jpg

Hi guys!

Back with another update, this time I want to showcase the MSI GTX960 following with the black and white theme of the build :D

f1JBGRR.jpg

s6OrxnY.jpg

F0zPWdX.jpg

Y08c5w7.jpg

K9KnSnQ.jpg

OM4stZs.jpg

wIymIW9.jpg

dLkJel4.jpg

AIQPEYx.jpg

PZjJvIB.jpg

1BLl879.jpg

Just a few more hardware updates and the modding will begin :P

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

wP2jORK.jpg

Hi guys!

Time for another update!

It seems like the MSI dragon has gotten out of his cage and into the build as I'm doing some test fitting with the Thermaltake Pacific RL360 Rad.

The build looks like it will have a custom loop going in after all starting with this awesome and rather large rad compared to this case, already powdercoated in white by Thermaltake.

gARj4ns.jpg

vGlRiPa.jpg

twjZbtO.jpg

7SiIK6Q.jpg

vbISYlv.jpg

HMENSWu.jpg

F5MtNsW.jpg

sIbUMpW.jpg

d0UPd9a.jpg

Once the test fitment is done, out with the dremel rotary, jig saw and scroll saw on this case before doing the paint job :)

4T5vdDs.jpg

sMMYphO.jpg

Stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

Another awesome build from you! Just followed!

cool bro

Cheers :D

Hey man, quick question. I saw http://www.evga.com/products/images/gallery/04G-P4-3979-KF_LG_7.jpg. I really want to do that to my backplate. If I use a paper sticker and cut it out, what finish would be good to put over it for resisting heat? If you don't know, thats fine. Thanks.

Hi mate! I saw that too looks awesome! if you use good quality paper sticker it should hold up just fine. I've put vinyl on backplates before and even heatsinks and it was all good :)

SIMPLE MODZ

wP2jORK.jpg

Hi guys!

Back with another quick update!

I want to show you some more goodies. Awesome Thermaltake Riing fans with white LED and Thermaltake Thoughpower 550W PSU which will be more than enough for this build as well as the the G.Skill Ripsaws V DDR4 memory.

TyZGChg.jpg

dWxVaBc.jpg

2tql5Pk.jpg

PEpmmoB.jpg

e79IUJX.jpg

c4RPkxg.jpg

M8JSlTO.jpg

vZGMSNQ.jpg

W4NesUN.jpg

Q68u9pV.jpg

eT5Dvab.jpg

YtVZo5O.jpg

EB3bvcJ.jpg

EAqSsaF.jpg

Thanks for checking it out and stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

Are those TT fans really quiet in use with an actual build?

Personally the heatsinks on the Trident Z's look much nicer, but it's G.Skill either way.  :rolleyes:

Yea the Trident Z is much nicer I agree but you gotta work with what you have :)

Are those TT fans really quiet in use with an actual build?

Yea they are pretty quiet to run and also come with voltage reducers. They are slated at 24.6dB at max which is still pretty quiet with 2.01mm H20 and 18.7dB with the voltage reducer :)

SIMPLE MODZ

wP2jORK.jpg

Hi guys,

All the rough cuts have been made on the case and it's pretty much all torn apart. It's now time to start working with some aluminum panels :)

pfN7J5T.jpg

First up I shortened the I/O bracket and also the motherboard tray

mXMPoYE.jpg

hf7yebG.jpg

I completely removed the back as best as I could leaving just the PSU mount

XT72X2n.jpg

Also there is a massive hole in the top as well with some simple mounting left

7376Uub.jpg

Made a cut out to clean up the front as well to better accommodate the front 360mm radiator

BftG36y.jpg

Thanks for checking it out and stay tuned for more over the coming days which might answer some questions as to where I'm taking this mod by removing so much of the original case :P

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

wP2jORK.jpg

The motherboard tray is now mounted in it's new location.

What I am doing is mounting the I/O to the top of the case to change things around a bit :P

Here is the tray with the aluminum panel I made

icp1vhg.jpg

ATrXFM2.jpg

AFAOAiB.jpg

jGVfHKN.jpg

The 90 degree aluminum corner bar is mounted there for a shroud to mount to once the motherboard tray is in the case. I will showcase this once done :)

Also here is how I am mounting the motherboard tray panel to the top of the case. Using these brackets and other 90 degree aluminum corner bars and leaving a small compartment in the top for cables to connect with ease.

osuB1On.jpg

Og4DVNY.jpg

WkoXpmV.jpg

8wSW7Zo.jpg

Hope you guys like the progress so far and stay tuned for more :D

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ