RTSS now supports QuickSync !!!

Levent

RivaTuner Statistics Server used in Afterburner and EVGA Precision (thanks GoodBytes)

Good news for Intel Sandy Bridge ,Ivy Bridge,Haswell now they can use onboard HD graphics to encode H264 videos without depending on CPU that much.

For me this is quite interesting im hoping to see streaming to devices or internet via RTSS using QuickSync like nvidia's shadow play

• Intel CPU with QuickSync Video technology support (SandyBridge, Ivy Bridge or Haswell core). You may use this link into to see if your Intel CPU supports this technology.
  • Mainboard with integrated Intel HD graphics support (refer to your mainboard specs to see it)
  • To use QuickSync on such platform you must:
  • Enable Intel HD graphics in your mainboard BIOS. If it is enabled correctly, you must see Intel HD graphics active in your device manager next you your discrete AMD/NVIDIA graphics card
  • Install the latest Intel HD graphics driver. QuickSync works via Intel HD driver so using outdated driver may degrade encoding performance drastically
  • There are 3 QuickSync acceleration modes available in MSI Afterburner:
  • Disabled acceleration - uses CPU software emulation. It is left for performance testing/debugging only and it REQUIRES additional Intel Media SDK installation. It is not recommended to use this mode.
  • Direct3D9 acceleration - uses Direct3D9Ex accelerated encoding. This mode is only available under Windows Vista and newer OS. This mode REQUIRES connecting monitor to Intel HD graphics output or forcing monitor detection for Intel HD graphics. Detailed instructions on forcing monitor detection for enabling QuickSync can be found here.
  • Direct3D11 acceleration - uses Direct3D11.1 accelerated encoding. This mode is only available under Windows 8 and newer OS. This mode doesn't require any monitor detection tricks so it is strongly recommended to use it if it is available (i.e. if you're under Windows 8).

for more and to download

http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/msi_afterburner_beta_download.html

Edited by Levent

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

So you can now use the onboard GPU in Sandy, Ivy and Haswell chips to encode H.264 on the fly? Very nice. I mentioned this in a Shadowplay thread and was about to lose hope about it ever being implemented.

Fantastic news for Intel users. The quality might be better than what ShadowPlay offers as well, as you can see in my quote:

Actually, since Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge and Haswell has really beefy MFX engines, and Lucid Virtu, you could in theory use the iGPU for capturing and encoding to H.264 without any performance impact (except maybe that from Lucid Virtu), and it would result in significantly better quality than ShadowPlay (I base that on transcoding done on a GTX 460 vs i5-2500K). Anand talked about it in his Sandy Bridge review. Here is the difference between Quick Sync and whatever Nvidia calls their video transcoding:

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/28254

ummm wait i thought that software was only used for overclocking and stability testing

never knew it captured video

EDIT

i noticed a mistake

Hardware accelerated Intel QuickSync H.264 encoder was introduced special to compete with NVIDIA’s ShadowPlay hardware accelerated H.264 encoder.

this is false

quicksync and shadowplay are different things

Quicksync is an H264 encoder .Shadowplay is a function that records gameplay that uses NVENC (nvidia's H264 encoder)  

intel doesnt have anything like shadow play but that doesnt matter Quicksync is an encoder u can use it anyway you want to

Quicksync came out first

so they should fix the wording

NVENC Nvidia's encoder was introduced specially to compete with Intel's Quicksync

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

So you can now use the onboard GPU in Sandy, Ivy and Haswell chips to encode H.264 on the fly? Very nice. I mentioned this in a Shadowplay thread and was about to lose hope about it ever being implemented.

Fantastic news for Intel users. The quality might be better than what ShadowPlay offers as well, as you can see in my quote:

the link you posted is quicksync vs CUDA it says so on the top left

the GTX 460 doesnt have NVENC (nvidia's encoder)

NVENC was introduced in the 600 series

and looks quite awful

the first pic is nvidia's NVENC the second one is quicksync

mediaespresso-948-geforce.png

mediaespresso-948-quicksync.png

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

the link you posted is quicksync vs CUDA it says so on the top left

the GTX 460 doesnt have NVENC (nvidia's encoder)

NVENC was introduced in the 600 series

and looks quite awful

Yes I know, the image I used was encoded with NVEVENC, but from what I've seen the quality is pretty much the same as with NVENC.

Like I said, I thought Intel QuickSync was a better solution to begin with compared to ShadowPlay. Great that MSI Afterburner has added support for it.

Screenshots don't impress me but this IS interesting.

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

MSI AfterBurner and EVGA Precision are based on RivaTuner. RivaTuner uses NvAPI (Nvidia driver AP - available here: https://developer.nvidia.com/nvapi) to control the graphic card clock speeds and voltage. MSI added special voltage control for select graphic card where they added a non reference design voltage controller in AfterBurner.

Ah it's nice!

File sizes are very low compared to fraps. Some ghosting in darker scenes. If you use it to record, then stop, then record again.. The 2nd recording is all garbled.. But beta is beta and they know about this already. On my 4770k (not yet OC'd) I can play and record skyrim (vanilla) at between 40-60 fps with vsync on... Whereas while not recording, its a solid 60 no dips.

All in all.. Quite nice on the fly recording with quicksync.

Oh this was at 1440p also :)

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

• 1 month later...