Star Citizens 1.000.000 accounts

Ginka

1M accounts for a game not even released yet. 

Just think of all the people (like me) who prefer to wait for a finished product before sending their money away? How much will it be then?!

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Just think of all the people (like me) who prefer to wait for a finished product before sending their money away? How much will it be then?!

maybe a little more,

everyone who prob wanted it already made one.

The space sim fan in me screams "yeeeeah", the part of me that hates people is pretty sad right now

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Just think of all the people who want to invest in something other than an already failing AAA title from Ubisoft.

maybe a little more,

i havent....

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I play the game, what yalltalking about?

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

maybe a little more,

I think the price will be around 60 bucks. Around 20 bucks saved if you buy the cheapest game package.

That what I did. I'm trusting you with my money Mr Roberts !

maybe a little more,

i havent....

I'm the only one of my friends who got an account, and they are all waiting for the game to get released.

so yeah, I think there is still a lot of people waiting to see if the game will be over one day or not. And buy then

Too it's all gone down the drain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdFjmLM_KfY

Pretty happily say that's BS until I see real evidence

Isn't that game coming out in 2017??

$92,540,964 raised ,wtf, if this game fails the crowdfund movement will die

2016/2017

Personally I'm happy I've got my moneys worth and if it fails I'll quit gaming, I'm not going out to buy a rehashed tomb raider/COD/BF again

Pretty happily say that's BS until I see real evidence

2016/2017

Personally I'm happy I've got my moneys worth and if it fails I'll quit gaming, I'm not going out to buy a rehashed tomb raider/COD/BF again

2017/2018 i think.

I'd just give up on Pc gaming and settle with Nintendo.

Maybe only play the pc games I already have and that's it.

Maybe pick up art... Hmm.. Or archery again..

If Big Cheese had his $200 he could afford to buy a ship in Star Citizen... ;P

RTU is as much of a lunatic as Derek Smart though (haven't watched that video yet so don't even know what side he's taking just saying based on the rest of his content ;))

2017/2018 i think.

I'd just give up on Pc gaming and settle with Nintendo.

Maybe only play the pc games I already have and that's it.

Maybe pick up art... Hmm.. Or archery again..

SQ42 is 2016, at least fire it up with the citcon code, flew the glaive the other day, it was glorious!

My response to the comment at 3:36 can only be a hearty screw you from a "well rounded gamer", who has been a space sim fan since forever and has been dreaming of playing an old-school space sim with modern graphics in a multiplayer setting for over a decade. Well guess what. That is EXACTLY what I have been doing on a daily basis for the past year. Understand that when people say that they have already gotten their money's worth, at least some of us actually mean it!

In my personal opinion, these "allegations" seem a bit too convenient for certain parties, of considerable means and a vested interest in seeing the largest indie project in history burned to the ground. But even if they are all true, not saying that I'd be happy, but I would not be sad. Because what I am already playing NOW is a childhood dream come true. 

Before referencing a video that is purely an opinion piece, why not actually find and understand the facts first. MundaneMatt also made his assumptions, and those were half-assed as well...

One of my prior comments:

It is one thing to question if it can be done and how long it will take, so on those accounts I won't even argue points for or against. On the matter of Escapist and the allegations claimed by their sources, there is a lot that is questionable otherwise. They are not much better than kotaku or gawker if you talk about journalistic integrity in the first place. What makes the matter worse is that there is no evidence of any sort put forth in tandem with any claims made. This almost makes it no better than hearsay.

As for the issue of multiple sources, this is also strange as all the sources are anonymous and also most likely not coincidentally linked. All of these sources contacted the author of the article within a single day of each other, nearly all sources also wrote their comments on glassdoor within the same day, and all sources are linked with the same stories that corroborate with each other. There is a major difference between collusion and differing testimonies that coincide with each other. It is quite surprising that very few people even notice or mention this point. Add in the fact that Derek Smart posts on his twitter the same comments and claims prior to any of this happening (after his failed law suit attempt versus CR and CIG in August). If that itself wasn't bad, Derek Smart already had a prior relationship with Lizzy (as noted by the prior article she made and numerous tweets long before this). Just because a site says the anonymous sources are vetted, this is still taking the word of a gaming journalism site that many refuse to take seriously. Just because they call themselves journalists does not also mean that they are also completely immune to bias and wrongdoing. Hell, look at the rolling stones rape culture article. That source was claimed to be legitimate by the original author as well.

If Chris Roberts is guilty of embezzlement, if his wife is guilty of discrimination, if CIG is a failure, then sure. They shouldn't get away with it; but if this truly is unsubstantiated, then there is no way that a Journalism site should be allowed to make hit piece claims to defame a person, his wife and his corporation.

Rather than everyone assuming a stance and trolling each other, why not for once actually wait for truth to actually come out?

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Before referencing a video that is purely an opinion piece, why not actually find and understand the facts first. MundaneMatt also made his assumptions, and those were half-assed as well...

One of my prior comments:

But if it wasn't true, don't to think the devs should have come out and said. something by now?

But if it wasn't true, don't to think the devs should have come out and said. something by now?

Go prove that they are genuine CIG employees.

They've said its a BS before and they have, the chairman wrote a piece cos he's sick and tired of it all

We all are.

As for the racism crap

https://youtu.be/0TwjXC628cs

As rentaspoon mentioned, Chris Roberts, lead developer and owner of CIG did make a rebuttal.

Also, this is part of an ongoing issue between Derek Smart and Chris Roberts that lasted for more than 25 years. Primarily mr Smart just unhappy that his forays into game development has been nothing but colossal flops; while mr. Roberts does a similar genre and yet had multiple successes.

This includes two or more attempted (unsubstantiated) lawsuits, by Derek Smart, that are practically laughed out of court. So yes, this is just a continuing disease that refuses to go away.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro