Odd HDD units out of nowhere?

Note that my english is not my mother language so I might not be using the correct terms and I'm also not very good at handling problems like this one, so try to keep it simple if possible, please...

So two days ago I clicked on the shutdown button on my laptop and the screen went to where it said waiting for background programs to close. Nothing unusual so I went away from my laptop for something like 10 minutes expecting it to shutdown automatically but when I came back the laptop was still on and the screen was showing the desktop with it filled with files with no names nor anything besides my normal shortcuts and stuff. Also an error message kept appearing saying something I could not understand, not because it was impossible to understand but because I didn't have the knowledge to fully understand it. I also couldn't open anything so without knowing what to do I forced a shutdown expecting to when I turned the pc on, everything would be alright.

At first look, everything seemed to be back to when it was fine, but I've noticed that my framerate in a game i usually played was very inconstant, it has always been at 60 fps capped and never broke a sweat with it. Now I still have 60 fps but when something happens in the game, it drops to 5 fps and that means I'm almost always at low framerate. I don't actually know if this is related to the problem I had but it only seems like it was.

Hoping to fix this problem I went to defragment my disk and I found 2 weird named hdd units that reminded me their names were in the error report I had when it all started. Their names are showed in the picture.

post-268585-0-42156400-1444769042.jpg

Can someone help me with this and if possible explain why such thing happened?