What does this error mean?

Xtreme Gamer

What does this error code mean? I get it when trying to install a version of quicktime player on my pc.

I7-6700k, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, 2 x 8GB Corsair Dominator Plantinum ram, ASUS GTX 960 STRIX, sound blaster zx, 1TB boot drive ssd, 128GB/256GB storage ssd, 1TB storage HDD, 4TB of storage (backup),Windows 10 Pro,1000w psu

What does this error code mean? I get it when trying to install a version of quicktime player on my pc.

Out of memory or corrupt installer?  I see you're trying to use quicktime, and also have after effects open, so it could be either :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Out of memory or corrupt installer?  I see you're trying to use quicktime, and also have after effects open, so it could be either :)

Which one do you think? Also, what are the chances that it's bad RAM?

I7-6700k, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, 2 x 8GB Corsair Dominator Plantinum ram, ASUS GTX 960 STRIX, sound blaster zx, 1TB boot drive ssd, 128GB/256GB storage ssd, 1TB storage HDD, 4TB of storage (backup),Windows 10 Pro,1000w psu

Which one do you think? Also, what are the chances that it's bad RAM?

Quite small I think, or you would likely have notices issues elsewhere.  Errors of that wording aren't that uncommon.  They make it sound like there is a memory issue but it's almost certainly software.  You could run memtest for a while if you want but I wouldn't bother at this point.

As for which one, well, are you close to our of RAM? Open task manager and check.  If not, it could be many things, from a corrupt installer to some random permission issue... we'll have to try a few things

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Quite small I think, or you would likely have notices issues elsewhere.  Errors of that wording aren't that uncommon.  They make it sound like there is a memory issue but it's almost certainly software.  You could run memtest for a while if you want but I wouldn't bother at this point.

As for which one, well, are you close to our of RAM? Open task manager and check.  If not, it could be many things, from a corrupt installer to some random permission issue... we'll have to try a few things

Could you see it using up all 16GB of RAM? I kinda can't.

Could you see it using up all 16GB of RAM? I kinda can't.

after effects?  Are you kidding?  It will use all the RAM... it doesn't matter how much :)

Odds are though this is something else.  HAve you installed quicktime on that machine before?  It could be a leftover installer causing issues.

after effects?  Are you kidding?  It will use all the RAM... it doesn't matter how much :)

Odds are though this is something else.  HAve you installed quicktime on that machine before?  It could be a leftover installer causing issues.

I have but That was before I had to reinstall windows due to a problem. And I didn't mean if after effects would use all ram, I was talking about the installer.

I have but That was before I had to reinstall windows due to a problem. And I didn't mean if after effects would use all ram, I was talking about the installer.

ok well if this is the first attempt to put quicktime on this install that's probably not the issue.

OK, here are some things to try:

• Have you tried rebooting and trying the install again?
  • Have you tried running it as an admin?
  • Is this the normal download off the apple website, or is this some piece taken out of it?  I would expect it will try to install apple software updater or something like that.  If not, this probably isn't the right installer.
Edited by Ryan_Vickers

ok well if this is the first attempt to put quicktime on this install that's probably not the issue.

I'll have a look around and see if I can find anything else on this

I forgot to mention, that I was attempting to install quicktime while after effects was open. Don't know if that's an important detail. And the installer was "modded" to be compatible with windows 10.

I forgot to mention, that I was attempting to install quicktime while after effects was open. Don't know if that's an important detail. And the installer was "modded" to be compatible with windows 10.

I would close all other applications and try again, just to be sure - that could very well be causing an issue since it's trying to install something that integrates with an app that's open.  For that matter, you may as well reboot like I said - couldn't hurt.  As for being a modded installer, that could be it too.  Could you try a normal one from the apple site, and if it doesn't work, try compatibility mode or run as admin or something