AMD's Phil Rogers jumps to nVidia

zMeul

I don't know how you missed the Chrome disaster, it lasted a good month or two. And still, for the LN2 OC, it means that newer drivers are less stable than older drivers, which I don't think should ever happen, which can extend perhaps to even OCs not on LN2.

I got no ideas either.

And it means it's more stable for extreme OC not regular use or usual OC.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

GCN 1.2 > Maxwell in every aspect.

AMD has always had better hardware while Nvidia has had better software. Only @zMuel would think that they guy who is probably responsible for AMD's history of garbage drivers going to Nvidia is a bad thing for AMD.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Both companies have their problems. The last 5-6 drivers from Nvidia are super buggy for a lot of people. AMD no longer has the heat/excessive power issue thanks to ARM. Both make great products. But, AMD is kinda broke.

And Nvidia marketing is way better than AMD.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

And Nvidia marketing is way better than AMD.

Your point? You purchase items based off of marketing? Apple *ahem Beats ahem* has fantastic marketing, does that make their products any better?

GCN 1.2 > Maxwell in every aspect.

AMD has always had better hardware while Nvidia has had better software. Only @zMuel would think that they guy who is probably responsible for AMD's history of garbage drivers going to Nvidia is a bad thing for AMD.

I beg to differ. Drivers from both have been shit for a lot of people and great for others. I've never had any serious problems with AMD drivers nor when I was an Nvidia user. 

When it comes down to it, though, both have a LOT of room to improve. 

That's still something far fetched, not to mention the legality of it.

You underestimate a NDA contract lol

People would also say that VW defrauding tests would be far fecthed, now look at what they have at their hands.

Your point? You purchase items based off of marketing? Apple has fantastic marketing, does that make their products any better?

I beg to differ. Drivers from both have been shit for a lot of people and great for others.

Beg to differ on what? Yes, Nvidia has had their share of bad and even catastrophic drivers, but they have a better track record on that end. Hawaii launched around Fall of 2013 and it took till summer 2015 for their drivers to catch up with their hardware. The drivers are amazing now, but people would prefer not to wait 2 years to get the most out of their GPU.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

That doesn't make a product good or bad.  You are using fan boy logic.

Yet it helps to sell products, even if they are not good. Trust me on this.

That doesn't make a product good or bad. You are using fan boy logic.

I'm just saying it's way better. Come to middle East nearly everyone knows Nvidia and Intel while AMD is unknown like they don't even exsist. I never clamied it makes a product worst or better I just pointed out that Nvidia marketing is better than AMD marketing.

And if product is bad and you have great marketing it will sell.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Yet it helps to sell products, even if they are not good. Trust me on this.

Nobody is denying that.

Your point? You purchase items based off of marketing? Apple *ahem Beats ahem* has fantastic marketing, does that make their products any better?

I beg to differ. Drivers from both have been shit for a lot of people and great for others. I've never had any serious problems with AMD drivers nor when I was an Nvidia user.

Just pointing out it's better and marketing helps a lot. I didn't calim it makes product worse or better I was just pointing it out.

And no I don't base my purchase based of marketing I did a lot of times and I regret it I'm not gonna make the same stupid mistakes again.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

How's your 3.5Gb of vram?

Considering it performs within a couple of frames from an 8GB R9 390 and can overclock to the performance of a GTX 980, I'd say it's pretty damn good.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Considering it performs within a couple of frames from an 8GB R9 390 and can overclock to the performance of a GTX 980, I'd say it's pretty damn good.

Overclocked 970 loses to overclocked 390.

That's because AMD doesn't have the money to market out there. They're broke from rebrands and FX.

That's too bad for them, they are missing out the market.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

For now, maybe. Come back and say that when that 3.5Gb isn't sufficient enough. (Which isn't far off.)  ;)

For now, maybe. Come back and say that when that 3.5Gb isn't sufficient enough. (Which isn't far off.)  ;)

This is my favorite meme.

I love how this non-news is being posted as news. people change companies in the software industry all the damn time. I have friends who have already changed jobs twice in 2 years since being out of college.

So, are you trying to tell me they aren't any blind Nvidia fanboys because of Nvidia marketing? You haven't been to other countries like where I live, AMD has no identity because of lack of marketing. Of course many people purchase products off of marketing, after all why does Beats still sell (I'd have to disagree with apple completely relying on marketing as much as beats did though, they rely on simplicity and longer support).

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

So, are you trying to tell me they aren't any blind Nvidia fanboys because of Nvidia marketing? You haven't been to other countries like where I live, AMD has no identity because of lack of marketing. Of course many people purchase products off of marketing, after all why does Beats still sell (I'd have to disagree with apple completely relying on marketing as much as beats did though, they rely on simplicity and longer support).

..........What? That was part of my point...

For now, maybe. Come back and say that when that 3.5Gb isn't sufficient enough. (Which isn't far off.) ;)

Yeah, I run GTA V at maximum settings but with no AA and the Advanced Graphics Settings turned off, at 4K UHD, with 3.5GBs or Vram and maintaining more than 45FPS at all times.

My 970s are gonna last me until Pascal and HBM 2 which is fine by me.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

That's because AMD doesn't have the money to market out there.  They're broke from rebrands and FX.  

And not being able to accommodate intel faking benchmarks and paying companies to not use AMD cpus.

Pascal laptops guide

..........What? That was part of my point...

I might have misunderstood you, I thought you were saying that marketing doesn't make a difference.  

Pascal laptops guide

How is that legal?

It's not. Yet being illegal doesn't mean companys don't do it.

If profits > the consequences of getting caught... usualy they do it.