AMD's Phil Rogers jumps to nVidia

zMeul

I'm not familiar with how NDAs work. If he signed an agreement with AMD then leaves is the NDA still live?

And yeah, it's certainly not in Nvidias best interest from a legal standpoint to sabotage AMD performance, that said the same is true of VW and the whole emissions scandal yet that still happened.

More than likely yes, I would imagine it would stick so long as he works for Nvidia.

VW and others are facing legal charges amongst other things. Nvidia, if they ever did such a thing, would end up going through the same course and likely be put out of business, at least in the states.

I'm not familiar with how NDAs work. If he signed an agreement with AMD then leaves is the NDA still live?

And yeah, it's certainly not in Nvidias best interest from a legal standpoint to sabotage AMD performance, that said the same is true of VW and the whole emissions scandal yet that still happened.

Yeah, NDA still work even when he leaves the company.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

It really depends on the person's expectations and what games he plays.

Do you even remember the 3000-6000 series? I think not - back then Nvidia were the hot ones. 7000 and Kepler were both hot. Only Maxwell is not AS hot. 980 Ti and Titan X are hotter than the Fury X.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Do you even remember the 3000-6000 series? I think not - back then Nvidia were the hot ones. 7000 and Kepler were both hot. Only Maxwell is not AS hot. 980 Ti and Titan X are hotter than the Fury X.

Wrong person quoted?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I like gold. This thread is gold.

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.

How are Nvidia drivers shitty ? They have been great for me so far.

Me too.

And good for nVidia.

Oh.... and RIP AMD.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Ehrm... Fury X is watercooled! 

Spoiler

|| Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 || i5 3570 @3.5GHz || Zalman CNPS10X Optima || 8GB RAM HyperX Fury Blue @ 1600MHz || Thermaltake Berlin 630W || Zalman Z11 || Gainward Phantom GTX 970 || 120GB Kingston V300  (Gift) + 1TB  WD Green

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8

Tablet: iPad Mini 2

Me too.

And good for nVidia.

Oh.... and RIP AMD.

And RIP competition.

Pascal laptops guide

You're talking about TDP not temps right ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Me too.

And good for nVidia.

Oh.... and RIP AMD.

Not that! Usually AMD drivers are shitty (they aren't,but everyone thinks so... :/) and if Phil Rogers was a SOFTWARE developer, then he developed drivers and if he jumps to nVidia then he'd work on nVidia's drivers and they'd be shitty. (Not true, but I'm just explaining what he said.)

Spoiler

|| Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 || i5 3570 @3.5GHz || Zalman CNPS10X Optima || 8GB RAM HyperX Fury Blue @ 1600MHz || Thermaltake Berlin 630W || Zalman Z11 || Gainward Phantom GTX 970 || 120GB Kingston V300  (Gift) + 1TB  WD Green

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8

Tablet: iPad Mini 2

It really depends on the card in question though, but anyway it is stupid to assume all AMD cards are hot. And even if they are, does it really matter with a good cooler?

The large majority of AMD cards run hotter than their equivalent Nvidia counterpart. That's not anybody being a fanboy, that's just a fact.

Ftr I have 2 systems running AMD gpus dotted around my house but I choose to run Nvidia in my gaming machine, and not entirely because of heat either. That's a factor but there's also driver stability and the fact Free Sync wasn't out when I last upgraded my GPU.

I'm not wanting a flame war so I apologise to all AMD users for my previous comments.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

And RIP competition.

New company rises ??

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Ehrm... Fury X is watercooled! 

TDP

Wrong person quoted?

could be - im in a rush

You're talking about TDP not temps right ?

yes - that's what everyone talks about - else the 390 is only 4*C higher than a 970 with a 150W TDP difference

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Not that! Usually AMD drivers are shitty (they aren't,but everyone thinks so... :/) and if Phil Rogers was a SOFTWARE developer, then he developed drivers and if he jumps to nVidia then he'd work on nVidia's drivers and they'd be shitty. (Not true, but I'm just explaining what he said.)

But Nvidia drivers are already shit enough.

The large majority of AMD cards run hotter than their equivalent Nvidia counterpart. That's not anybody being a fanboy, that's just a fact.

Ftr I have 2 systems running AMD gpus dotted around my house but I choose to run Nvidia in my gaming machine, and not entirely because of heat either. That's a factor but there's also driver stability and the fact Free Sync wasn't out when I last upgraded my GPU.

I'm not wanting a flame war so I apologise to all AMD users for my previous comments.

Was not a fact though, and it depends on the cooler, a sapphire r9 fury can be cooler than a reference titan X or 980ti.

Pascal laptops guide

New company rises ??

Most likely someone will buy AMD, Samsung? Qualcomm? Who knows.

Pascal laptops guide

But Nvidia drivers are already shit enough.

How ? And why ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Was not a fact though, and it depends on the cooler, a sapphire r9 fury can be cooler than a reference titan X or 980ti.

THE LARGE MAJORITY

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

How ? And why ?

There's a reason why people who do LN2 OC do not use anything past driver 353 at the moment, not to mention the disaster drivers earlier in the year had with Chrome hardware acceleration.

There's a reason why people who do LN2 OC do not use anything past driver 353 at the moment, not to mention the disaster drivers earlier in the year had with Chrome hardware acceleration.

But that's LN2 OC not regular use, those people only run benchmarks from what I see and just go for the highest clocks. And I missed that chrome disaster somehow.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

But that's LN2 OC not regular use, those people only run benchmarks from what I see and just go for the highest clocks. And I missed that chrome disaster somehow.

I don't know how you missed the Chrome disaster, it lasted a good month or two.  And still, for the LN2 OC, it means that newer drivers are less stable than older drivers, which I don't think should ever happen, which can extend perhaps to even OCs not on LN2.

THE LARGE MAJORITY

CAPS LOCK! I wasn't referring to the fact that it isn't a fact now, I was referring to the fact that it wasn't and perhaps wouldn't/

Pascal laptops guide

Uh oh. AMD, please get stuff together and make great CPUs/GPUs again...

their cpus could be better, but that's what zen is for. as for their gpus

right now besides the 980ti and one of the titans, amd 300 series cards are giving NV 900 series serious fight with good amount of the results favoring amd gpus.

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w