Humble Bundle let go 20% of its staff

TopWargamer

Source 1: http://www.destructoid.com/humble-bundle-s-let-go-20-of-its-staff-315201.phtml?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Source 2: https://www.polygon.com/2015/10/12/9513937/humble-bundle-cuts-jobs

Humble Bundle has been in a bit of a rough patch recently, and this shouldn't come as a surprise to most of us. Since starting Humble Bundle they have raised $65 million for charity to date. They've expanded upon the original Humble Bundle by offering more bundles and an online store, and increased its employee count. Unfortunately though, the last few Humble Bundles haven't been selling that well, so Humble Bundle had to let go 20% of its staff - 12 people

Humble Bundle claims that their plans were too ambitious, and I'm inclined to agree. The last main numbered Humble Indie Bundle in September 2014 had around 200,000 sales, while the current one has around 140,000 sales and appears to be the lowest selling Humble Bundle to date. Remember, Humble Bundle use to have bundles that had 500,000 or more sales. That's a large step down. All I can say is good luck to Humble Bundle and good luck to those 12 people who lost their jobs. I wish the best for them and hope that they can get back on their feet soon.

COMIC SANS

its sad, once the hype dies down, no one cares because it doesn't benefit them :(

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Damn, I've never bought anything from them but I hope they'll be fine.

They gotta slow down on the bundles and offer a bit more publisher packs, speaking of which, have they done another Codemasters bundle?

Even with those they have offered too many already that's why I said "back catalog" referring to those.

For example, I haven't really bought any new games for a good while now. This is mainly because at 177 in my steam library plus a bunch of miscellaneous ones on GOG and Origin, I simply have most of what I wanted to have.

And I have most of the new games I wanted too have too (Witcher 3, Cities: Skylines, Pillars of Eternity) so the rest are either too expensive with regional pricing or not compelling enough for me to pay full retail right now: I am effectively waiting for newer games to get old and discounted.

I suspect this is the position of a lot of people with large collections that are there in no small part due to humble bundles. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

Seems more like the result of over evaluating what the company would've become, which is evident from their email:

Unfortunately, last week Humble Bundle was forced to let go of some of our employees. Despite strong revenue, and our community surpassing $65 million raised for charity to date, our past hiring was too ambitious and we had to make a hard call last week.

They did get really popular before, but popularity ultimately dies down, especially with the prevalence of sites that regularly offer discounts (such as GMG) and rise of GOG.

Sucks for those people but as with most things in life you always have to be ready and have a plan B. Good luck folks. 

They should add a slider for how much you want to give to them as well. :P

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

They do. They've had that since the first Humble Bundle.

COMIC SANS

That's been a feature of humble bundle drive it's inception.

You get three sliders:

1. Developer

2. Humble bundle

3. Charity

And the default split gives a bit of the pie to all three.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

That's been a feature of humble bundle drive it's inception.

You get three sliders:

1. Developer

2. Humble bundle

3. Charity

And the default split gives a bit of the pie to all three.

Looks like I need to start putting a bunch more in the Humble Bundle slider.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Well the last couple bundles have been completely uninteresting, so this is understandable.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I usually get a bundle or two per month but the last few; especially the mobile bundles, have completely failed to pique my interest.

Ah well, they'll regroup and hopefully be able to offer some more compelling deals soon.

Plus my 500+ Steam catalogue isn't helping any.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

recently ive been more interested in bundlestars, they have been ripping it apart with some of their bundles. indiegala is doing hentai is always interesting

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

At least their Capcom bundle is not bad. D:

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

I haven't bought a bundle from them since last year. I remember the EA bundle raked in several millions of dollars, but that all went to charity.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

no surprise since their recent bundles have been shit

When I have bouth bundles, I have often done 10% game developer, 40% humble bundle and 50% charity or something.

I hope humble bundle does not die :(

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Kinda sad, they seem like a bunch of great guys.

Recently bought the Total War bundle from them.

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

I used to buy a lot of the bundles as they usually included one or two games that I wanted. I haven't bought one in a long time because now the bundles suck, frankly. 

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245