Windows 10 is not updating.

Ethre

So I got windows 10 the next day after release and since then I did a fresh install because there was a lot of explorer crashing, sound suddenly going away and other stuff like that. So after I upgraded, I noticed that I still have the bugs that I was getting in the beginning. Not only that, I never saw my windows 10 update. I am getting bugs like start menu and cortanna is not working and tells me to relog. After i relog the bugs are still there and it forces me to restart my computer. This happens pretty often. I am really thinking of going back to windows 8.1 or 7. Why don't I get any windows updates? Does it update in the background or something?

So I got windows 10 the next day after release and since then I did a fresh install because there was a lot of explorer crashing, sound suddenly going away and other stuff like that. So after I upgraded, I noticed that I still have the bugs that I was getting in the beginning. Not only that, I never saw my windows 10 update. I am getting bugs like start menu and cortanna is not working and tells me to relog. After i relog the bugs are still there and it forces me to restart my computer. This happens pretty often. I am really thinking of going back to windows 8.1 or 7. Why don't I get any windows updates? Does it update in the background or something?

That's what was happening with my install a few months ago. I'd just download the Install Media from MicroSoft's site to reinstall.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC