Any body else feel their PC is also their Heater for the winter?

DannyRyu

So I built my PC I expected some heat but damn, the hall way is atleast 10 degrees C colder than my room with my PC xD I can play games and enjoy all the epic things PC Master Race people do While I Stay warm in winter!! :D Anybody else feel the same way?

I'm doing it right now, and when I'm not gaming I use F@H to generate heat.

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

The most expensive, inefficient heater, amirite?

At least it works...

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

Unless i'm playing certain games at 4k I just cant get any bloody heat out of my computer haha 

CPU: i7 8700k   Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero  RAM: 16GB @ 3600Mhz  GPU: MSI 980Ti 6G  Case: Fractal Design R5 (4 Intakes/3Exhausts)  Storage: Crucial BX100 SSD, Samsung 850 & Seagate 2TB HDD  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo '850W'  CPU Cooling: Corsair H110i GT 

I use the winter to cool my pc, windows open for a reason!

The Wannabe is no longer. Replaced by the Flotilla. If you replace every part of a computer is it still the same computer?

Survived the Survivor 2299

Audio Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Video Engineer, FOH.

Lol. No.

Do you think I use an AMD processor or something?

And here i just thought all processors do that, im going intell next time

The Wannabe is no longer. Replaced by the Flotilla. If you replace every part of a computer is it still the same computer?

Survived the Survivor 2299

Audio Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Video Engineer, FOH.

Get one of those dual GPU cards, you'll see what a REAL heater is. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Definitely so when I had my 2 760's. Those things would make the room pretty cozy, but the room wasent that big to begin with...

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

The most expensive, inefficient heater, amirite?

well, actually PC's appear to be somewhat more efficient and cheaper compared to traditional space heaters, not sur though on that, just heard/read rumours but no factual information (yet)

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

So I built my PC I expected some heat but damn, the hall way is atleast 10 degrees C colder than my room with my PC xD I can play games and enjoy all the epic things PC Master Race people do While I Stay warm in winter!! :D Anybody else feel the same way?

I've got an AMD CPU, and its also overclocked. You can imagine how warm my room gets.

Space heaters usually draw at least a couple thousand watts. So my R9 290 and Core i5-3450 aren't really going to produce much heat.

well, actually PC's appear to be somewhat more efficient and cheaper compared to traditional space heaters, not sur though on that, just heard/read rumours but no factual information (yet)

Compared to an electrical space heater there is literally no difference. It's just that you get some use out of the electrical power when it's running a PC, but it all ends up as heat either way.

Heat pumps etc. are more efficient though.

Ultimate PC Heater.

4 R9 290 in crossfire mining bitcoin

FX-9590 Overclocked running 24/7 stress test

Rig: Thermaltake Urban S71 | MSI Z77 G45-Gaming Intel Core i5 3570K (4.4Ghz @ 1.4v) CM Hyper 212 EVO | Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB | MSI GTX 660 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 3TB HDD | EVGA 850W B2

Lol this thread got more attention than I expected xD

My I3-4170 with my GTX 960 generates plenty of heat for my small room lawl xD its october and I have a fan blowing on me xD its 16 c outside lawl

I have to many fans for that. My case is built for optimal air flow. Infact its colder in my room than outside it because of all the extra air blown out and sucked in. Then again I dont need a heater for winter :)

I have to many fans for that. My case is built for optimal air flow. Infact its colder in my room than outside it because of all the extra air blown out and sucked in. Then again I dont need a heater for winter :)

Having more fans does not make your system generate less heat. If anything it generates a little more.

Having more fans does not make your system generate less heat. If anything it generates a little more.

Well my computer generates low heat anyway so its just blowing around cold air.

No:

1) I don't game 24/7 

2) I don't like stupid memes

Meme? what memes I don't see any Memes

£10/$10 says OP is using an AMD GPU, CPU or both. /s

Joking aside, it doesn't tend to be my 'heater' unless I want it to, it's more aimed towards keeping ambient temps decent without sacrificing a chunk of performance. My monitor is my heater... I'm only joking a bit there, it kicks off a load of heat when it's at 144hz.