I need help in internet speed

nickpokesyou

The product claims to be able to reach one gigabit per second speeds. I say claims because I haven't owned one.

It can transfer, in theory, one gigabit per second. However, it cannot transfer one gigabyte per second. I'm not sure what term you meant to use in "gbps", though I assumed gigabit.

Gigabit: Yes.

Gigabyte: No.

The product claims to be able to reach one gigabit per second speeds. I say claims because I haven't owned one.

It can transfer, in theory, one gigabit per second. However, it cannot transfer one gigabyte per second. I'm not sure what term you meant to use in "gbps", though I assumed gigabit.

i have a kit that claims to be capable of 500Mbps, in the best scenario i have managed to get they pulled about 40Mbps...

if you want high speeds: pull a cable. powerline is an "emergency" solution only.

Sorry, whats the different between byte and bit. I want to know if im have a provider provide me 1gpbs can my computer be getting 800mbps to 1gpbs data speed?

i have a kit that claims to be capable of 500Mbps, in the best scenario i have managed to get they pulled about 40Mbps...

if you want high speeds: pull a cable. powerline is an "emergency" solution only.

Yea some powerline stated 500mbps but thier port max output is 100mbps only.

I wonder the the product im saying can reach 1gpbs speed?

no. thats a theoretical maximum. if you need the speed, get normal wired internet :)

I wanted but it makes my house full of wires

Yea some powerline stated 500mbps but thier port max output is 100mbps only.

I wonder the the product im saying can reach 1gpbs speed?

divide by 10, and be happy if you actually manage to reach that number...

divide by 10, and be happy if you actually manage to reach that number...

I tought is by the port they using? 10/100/1000mbps.

I tought is by the port they using? 10/100/1000mbps.

the main bottleneck of powerlines... is well.. they're powerlines...

data isnt supposed to travel trough those cables.

Well, yeah. That's a good thing to concern. Really, never expect any exact this-is-what-you-are-going-to-get service. I don't know why I didn't mention that, complete oversight on my part.

Sorry, whats the different between byte and bit. I want to know if im have a provider provide me 1gpbs can my computer be getting 800mbps to 1gpbs data speed?

A byte is made up of eight bits. When you find something that is 1 gigabit, divide the number by eight and you will get the theoretical maximum gigabytes possible.

So, in your case, a 1000 megabit connection (which is roughly one gigabit, just for nicer numbers) would return a theoretical maximum of 125 megabytes per second.

Now, you shouldn't even remotely expect this in your hardware because it is a theoretical maximum, it is not an actual maximum. The manufacturers probably spoofed the information or biased the tests (or rounded a lot) to make it look more appealing and more round to consumers.

You should also make sure anything that is connected to this actually support gigabit connectivity (which should be anything made pretty recently).

To achieve a "one gigabyte per second" rate, you would need to invest in ten gigabit equipment, which is very expensive at this time (at least, anything not manufactured in China). For ten gigabit powerlines, I'm really not sure what to suggest to you. I don't use them, since they're really not optimal for data transfer (unless there's more lines fixed in them, which is rare from the few I've seen).

Powerline adapters will not give you the speed of wired, but it more stable than WiFi, geting 75/75 instead of the 150/150-300/300 that i get with wierd

Powerline Adapter speeds also vary depending on the quality of your household wiring and whether or not the 2 are on the same circuit. Older wiring and being on a different circuit lower the throughput from what I've read.