Godavari (A10-7870k) 1080p gaming rig

Hello friends,

I have been looking to build a small budget gaming pc. As this is budget i need to include AMD in it. Since my case is Corsair 380-t there are no AM3+ mini itx mobo available as of now. I want to play games in 1080p at ultra settings and it should be future proof so that I could play some newer games also.

I am thinking of getting a Kaveri refresh (A10 7870k) and then will eventually pair it with R7 250 2gb GDDR3 GPU. This will be cheap as hell and on internet I could see some good benchmarks also. Let me know what you guys think of this and other suggestions are also welcome.

Gurpreet

One thing - and you're not gonna like it.

Intel.

FM2+, AM3+, they're both dead. AMD has to move onto a new platform if they want to stay relevant. Godavari may have some slight improvements over Kaveri, but not significant enough as the 20-30% increase in IPC per core needed to bring them in line with a Skylake i5. And you'll have little to no upgrade path.

Give us a budget and we can work something out.

Defiantly more ram, at least 4gb which is hell cheap now.

Hello friends,

What's your budget?

Really APUs are only worth it if your budget is around 300, and dual graphics is fairly useless overall

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

• 2 months later...

budget doesnt go with ultra settings that's 100% true for sure.

Also dual graphics would be too much heat for your rig and wouldn't suggest that. unless you want to start with an apu then throw a dedicated graphics card after few months for an upgrade, taking off the igpu load from the apu.

that's what im looking at right now. which is my build.

if you want to check it out 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/515538-a-build-thats-better-than-my-junk-laptop-but-not-a-1080p-ultra-settings-build/