Best Surge Protector

CashMoneyBadMan

I need a surge protector from Certified by Underwriters Laboratories As Stated By Linus :D

tf is a surge protector..

Please, follow your own posts and mention me in comments, otherwise i won't be able to help you.

Daily OS: OpenBSD -current

I need a surge protector from Certified by Underwriters Laboratories As Stated By Linus :D

HEY! FOLLOW UR TOPIC SO YOU SEE MY REACTION M8

Please, follow your own posts and mention me in comments, otherwise i won't be able to help you.

tf is a surge protector..

A power strip that you plug into a wall outlet that has other outlets on it. It's supposed to protect from power surges so your computer and other electronics don't get fried. Do they not have those in your part of the world?

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

A power strip that you plug into a wall outlet that has other outlets on it. It's supposed to protect from power surges so your computer and other electronics don't get fried. Do they not have those in your part of the world?

Didnt know the world in english bro, in my country they call it a overspanningsbeveiliger xD

See, when people say "Best" and they don't state a budget, they are always shocked at the price... It's like, "Well, you did say best... it's not my fault that the best costs a few grand..."

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Didnt know the world in english bro, in my country they call it a overspanningsbeveiliger xD

Gotcha. Man oh man, what a mouthful. Lol.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

See, when people say "Best" and they don't state a budget, they are always shocked at the price... It's like, "Well, you did say best... it's not my fault that the best costs a few grand..."

this explains my life...

800 dollar budget per machine xD, i have a datacenter lol

800 dollar budget per machine xD, i have a datacenter lol

I mean, if you've got $800 per machine, why not get a nice uninterruptible power supply (UPS)?

Especially if it's for a datacenter. A UPS would be much more effective, since it gives you a battery backup, so you can shut down properly with no risk for loss of data in the event of a total loss of power.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I mean, if you've got $800 per machine, why not get a nice uninterruptible power supply (UPS)?

Especially if it's for a datacenter. A UPS would be much more effective, since it gives you a battery backup, so you can shut down properly with no risk for loss of data in the event of a total loss of power.

Yea probably, gotta get another rack, got no space

I've got one of these: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002MZW5JU?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-5&pf_rd_r=127FBSQ25Z8YPK8D1H6J&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=2203072162&pf_rd_i=11407079011

So you might want a rack version of this. I think it's a great little guy. I think I've had it for 5-6 years, and the battery is still in good condition, haven't had to replace it a single time.

Hey! New SIgnature!