OSes read your mind

vanished

Has anyone else ever felt like they can read your mind?

Every time I feel like it's time to do a reinstall, things start going to crap exponentially faster right after that decision, even without having done anything.  I don't mean I start treating it like crap because I know it's going away and it gets bad because of that, I mean before you even start acting differently, things just go down hill until you really do need to reinstall.

It's eerie sometimes.  And it's not just Windows either - I've had this happen on lots of installs of Linux and Windows.

Anyone else had this/these experiences?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I am receiving my third set of ram soon...

Has Windows started using more at idle yet? :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

With Windows 7, i knew there where major problems but Windows 10 is not having any problems whatsoever.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

my laptop feels when it's important to me, and starts to do all kinds of funky shit:

- battery doesnt work anymore (shaking before use fixed this...)

- suddenly no more nvidia gpu (rebooting usually fixes)

- "oh you need to use MS office? NOPE, i'm just gonna crash instead" (i use libre now...)

- at a LAN, suddenly no wired ethernet... (not sure how i fixed it, but after the lan it magically worked again...)

its called the placebo affect.

ITS THE PLACEBO AFFECT

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

(Hopefully no spoilers)

Have you seen the new Terminator yet?  It is literally Windows 10 lol

update: both my servers are sitting on corks, and they're slowly tilting over towards each other...

they kinda look like a cute couple :P

PS: how do i make them procreate? xD

(Hopefully no spoilers)

Have you seen the new Terminator yet?  It is literally Windows 10 lol

LOL

even more dramatic squirrels

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

update: both my servers are sitting on corks, and they're slowly tilting over towards each other...

1. Feed computer aphrodesiac

2. lots of pron

3. leave the room

4. baby computer

We had a similar issue at work.  A several MW transformer started leaning over and sinking into the ground.  It was anything but cute.   :mellow:

We had a similar issue at work.  A several MW transformer started leaning over and sinking into the ground.  It was anything but cute.   :mellow:

well.. a transformer isnt two computers, of which one is that light it'd probaly keep floating if you tossed it up in the air...

well.. a transformer isnt two computers, of which one is that light it'd probaly keep floating if you tossed it up in the air...

No, it was very heavy and required two large cranes to fix.  But it was leaning over... actually I guess that leaning was the only similarity :D

I need to go to sleep :P

No, it was very heavy and required two large cranes to fix.  But it was leaning over... actually I guess that leaning was the only similarity :D

I need to go to sleep :P

sleep is for the week... oh wait.. yes, go to bed xD